1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Targets for a KPJ Trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jags, Sep 13, 2023.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

Why do you think the Athletic had to turn off the comment section in the Shams article on this?

Why don't you all use common sense?

It is considered by your average obsever to be bad to acquire players that tried to murder people (especially if you're in the NBA, a WNBA player!) even if you have an ironclad 2025 luxury tax justification.

Anyway if it's so logical to trade for KPJ, can you guys please tell me which teams are acquiring him and exactly why?

Nobody has suggested any realistic trade target yet. Nobody has mentioned any suitors. Probably bc there aren't any.

Joe Rocket likes this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Sam you know better than this......

The PR hit will last a week and be done in 2.....Stone's job is to exhaust all options.

I get that folks are upset, this was a heinous crime and KPJ should be punished and will be - but the Rockets need to do whatever is right by them regardless of the TEMPORARY PR hit.

DD

RichieBanks223, Xopher and 34to11 like this.
  3. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

You would have been better off replying nothing than this contrived nonsense lol but ok. No one takes you seriously DD. You are a joke. I log into Clutchfans to see what stupid thing will DD suggest today and you never let me down. Thank you

4. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Exactly its already a PR issue lol

5. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Well no one logs in to see what you say......

DD

6. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

The Silverbacks need MOAR JUICE!

[​IMG]

7. DaDakota

Supporting Member

OMG that is hilarious.....

8. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Looks like DDs picture. little bit slimmer around the neck than dd though. I mean atleast you can see its neck.

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

Stone's job was to avoid having this happen in the first place, he failed miserably at that, and he's failing to rehab what's left of his diginity by trying to peddle this **** sandwich.

When somebody takes a bite of it you guys can claim "temporary PR hit" - but until then I"m going to common sense.

Teams don't trade for attempted murderers for [nebulous allusion to cap room, gestures hands in the air] in this day & age. Until it happens, I'm going to have faith in this baseline level of humanity.

10. DaDakota

Supporting Member

AHAHAHAHA....captain nothing original Juice box Joe and his 12 year old self piling on......with basically nothing funny, original witty, or worth the page it is typed upon.

YAWN - your game is weak juicebox boy......do you add any value here? Provide a reason for people to read anything you say.......or are you relying on the STARS of the show like me to do it, so you have something to whine about?

Now get me the piss can pissboy - and wait for the shake.

DD

PS, This post is meant for entertainment purposes only, in no universe do I feel like a Star of this bbs.....but it is fun to howl at the haters from time to time.....this has been a public service announcement.

11. i3artow i3aller

12. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Oh come on Sam, how can Stone stop this from happening other than not even taking the chance, no one saw this level of disgust happening - and he took a shot on a troubled kid with a ton of BBall talent - and it didn't work out.

That isn't his fault, the only one at fault is KPJ - this is 100% on him - he deserves the consequences.......and Stone needs to move on as quickly as he can.....as do the Rockets.......and yes, I get that you think him advertising the fact that we have all this draft capital and are willing to trade as a terrible PR Hit.......I hear ya, just don't agree.

DD

13. DaDakota

Supporting Member

The irony is I am wearing that shirt today as well......at least you are sometimes funny though you really don't add anything other than poking fun at others here.

DD

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I guess they would want to wait till the trade deadline to see if there are any disgruntled stars on the market. It just doesn't seem to be a likely scenario. These days, stars who force out have very specific demands for their destinations. I doubt that Houston would be an attractive place.

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

"how was anybody supposed to foresee this completely foreseeable event for which there were numerous warning signs, public and private that Rockets sought to contractually insulate themselves from via the ability to cut him after one year for a modest sum! Now they're in teh catbird's seat and can trade him as an ASSET"

:rolleyes:

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This is not going away for at least couple of months.

Tell you why because Silver will take approx. 2-4 weeks to come with a suspension or whatever punishment.

So you have 2-3 weeks of waiting time, Silver said it is offseason, they want to slow it down versus being In-season.

Then you have the Anti-Rockets media, and anti-stans of the Rockets heckling for another couple months.

Plus Brooks haters are going to chime in too.

Not even counting if there is any court session....

You, big guy, have no real track of time.

#136 daywalker02, Sep 14, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2023
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Thank you, Silver Gut.

And DD, it is not going away, Rockets are a franchise now that harbored a criminal in a long time.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Rox are basically hoping for a better Frank Kaminsky.

Easy likes this.
  19. 34to11

34to11 Member

KPJ would absolutely be waived immediately.
    He would be nothing more than a contract ala Keith Van Horn.

DaDakota likes this.
  20. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Ok, but a couple of months is nothing...the point is no real damage is done to the team or org by doing what they are doing.

Nothing......that is just the way it works.

LOL - so did Philly with Iverson (who did Jail time), or Indiana with Artest - or the Rockets with Maxwell who punched a fan - it may be permanent for you - but it won't be for 99% of the people who follow the NBA......

No one remembers after the buzzer beaters start going in......just life.

DD