1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tags:
  1. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

so are u saying ginobili is the 2nd best player in the league? :rolleyes:

he plays around 30 minutes, not the main guy on his team, the focus of the D is not on him, he gets a ton of wide open shots, does not have to consistently create for his teammates... do u want me to go on?

the spurs would trade manu and all their moms and pops for tmac.

2. Seth

Seth Member

Don´t rush guy, i was just posting stats because 2 other guys over here where debating on that, i didn´t even support the thread, i just don´t like the fact that in order to worship T-Mac we have to bash every player that is wrote after a "we should trade tmac for..." phrase.

3. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Worst
    Trade
    Proposal
    Ever

4. Seth

Seth Member

If you ask me who i would trade T-Mac for, thinking of the coach, the players and money wise, i would say Steve Nash and Raja Bell or Steve Nash and Barbosa.

5. 2rings

2rings Member

Let's see, the third highest scorer in the league, an instant drawer of doubles an incredible play maker for Manu. Isiah, is that you?

6. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Trade Tmac? Trade your mother.

Look, Tmac wouldn't go for one individual player in a trade. You wouldn't realistically see a Kobe for Tmac trade. It won't happen. The only way a Tmac like player could in fact be traded is if there was a 5 or 6 player deal. Tmac and Rafer for ... The issue with this type of deal is the fact that now you are delegating a role of one player (major name scorer) to two or three players. This is only good to do if that one player is hurting the overall team dynamic. When Tmac is off he doesn't hinder the rest of the team with useless turnovers or cause fights or anything of the sort. Not only that, let's say we do do this trade and get three players that really add up value wise to a Tmac. Tmac is inconsistent, and therefore chaotic. Now, its damn near impossible to get three players who are not inconsistent! In fact, their separate inconsistencies can cause more harm than a Tmac like player's individual inconsistency! All in all, the reason why we can't trade Tmac goes back to the reason why we did trade SF3, CM5 and the ******. It works out better with consolidation. However, too much consolidation leaves you with a Kobe Bryant/Lakers dilemma. The beauty is in the balance. :p

7. jerrios

jerrios Member

these posts only comes after we lose and watch the way Tmac plays. as a fan i always want the rockets to win, but when we lose in the playoffs, only thing you can do is laugh, cause you knew it was coming.

no one doubts the t-mac is probably the most talented player in the league, but when you watch his effort on the court, how he yawned when they were down against the jazz in the playoffs. thats a player you know is not gonna take you to the championship.

with that said, i hope he proves me wrong.

dont know what year, but first year t-mac made it to the playoffs with the magic vs. baron davis with the hornets. 2 evenly matched teams, but baron davis did in tmac really bad. after losing the series, tmac blamed his whole team, except himself. i dont think any of the other good players mentioned above let their team lose, what was it? 19 games in a row?

thanks.

8. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Sure Kobe does that too, but he hits them. Kobe is a much better Jump shooter than T-Mac.

As far as holding the ball, I was referring to when a full to half court heave is available and he opts to do nothing. I guess a lot of players do it, but it still annoys me.

9. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Yeah lets trade a player who has single handedly won us 5 games this year. jazz 47 points. Nuggets 35 points clippers 36 points . 19 in the last quarter to break the game wide open. bobcats scored the last 9 of the last 11 points in a 2minute burst to get us a 2 point win.

Yeah let yao try to win all those games by himself. this year has shown to everyone not only is tracythe most valueable player on this team, but the best player 2.lets trade him so yao only fans can enjoy a lottery year with yao leading the team.

10. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Davis did tracy bad?. ure kidding right?. McGrady avge 32 points 7 boards 8 assists in that series. atleast do some research before you talk nonsense.

11. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Look at the Monkier of the original thread starter. after he's boy has a bad game(yao) he tries to defelect the attention onto tracy. lol.

12. jerrios

jerrios Member

did you watch the series and what he said afterwards?

thanks.

13. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Lets se there numbers

Tracy

23 points 8-21 shooting 6 assists 3 boards
    31 points 11-23 shooting 7 assists 11 boards 3 blocks 2 steals
    37 points 11-25 shooting 3 assists 7 boards 2 blocks
    35 points 12-22 shooting 6 assists 6 boards 3 blocks

Baron

28 points 9-24 shooting 7 assists 7 boards
    11 points 4-15 shooting 10 assists 4 boards
    33 points12-29 shooting 10 assists 14 boards
    28 points 10-23 shooting 10 assists 11 boards

Looking at those numbers, i wouldnt say noone did anyone. plus they play different positions.

14. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

I certianly think u didnt. if u did you wouldnt come to such a outlandish conclusion. and yes, that year he was widely regarded as the best player since jordan. he's numbers were staggaring. he led a bunch of scrubs to the playoffs. that was a magnaficent feet.

15. jerrios

jerrios Member

so you didnt watch? you based it on the fact that he put up huge numbers? well if we only looked at stats and only stats. tmac is a top 3 player in playoff history, with probably 5 championships with those numbers right? too bad its not just about the stats.

b.d. stat line - 23 ppg 7 reb 8 ast 4 steals

16. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

I saw the whole series. the fact is baron didnt do tracy bad. you're just plain delusional. i bougfhtup the stats to prove even the stats prove it. give Pat garrity, armstrong, and a bunch of scrubs like pat burke ans steven hunter and see how far baron will take those teams.

Baron had a prime mashbourne, wesely, pj brown and a whole lot of help on he;'s side. there depth won out. thats despite tracy doing he's best. if you watched the series you would know what.

I;m not wasting my time anymore. i owned and abused you. ure just a plain tracy hater.

17. jerrios

jerrios Member

lol

owned and abused me? try google and see what he said after the series. thats someone getting owned abused. so you did see it? yeah right.

of my whole post you brought up one thing in which you have no idea about and best you could do is throw a stat line and thats owning abusing, right........

18. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

He said he was the best player on the planet. he was right. or you might be thinking of the pistons series if he said it feel;s good to be in the second round. if you're thinking of that, it just proves my point farther that you're a idiot. because ure mistaken two different series.

19. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

This was definitely the funniest thing I've read in a long time! Bravo!

One more to ignore: Ming the King

20. rocket3forlife2

Look at the field goal % freethrow % and min played...It look like manu is better by theses numbers...and you know manu always go to the hole at the end of the game.