1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!
Tags:
  1. mikedunn08

mikedunn08 Member

TMAC will never go back to the Magic. It's funny how everyone wants to trade TMAC cause hes getting hurt or not playing up to his potential. We are 2 games below 500 and Adelman is still trying to find the key role players. Adelman never has any problems getting to the playoffs and when he gets this offense going it will be hard to stop us. Give it sometime and it will get better.

Alston
    TMAC
    Bonzi
    Scola
    Yao

all should be starters.. Rockets will be +8 games over 500 before the All Star Break.

2. jerm2010

jerm2010 Member

atleast if your gonna post this say to trade him cuz he always gets hurt

not for his gameplay.

3. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

The truth...

No matter what a person's opinion is of McGrady, we were fortunate to get him for essentially, Francis and Mobley.

That was one of the few decisions management got right over the past decade!

The question you should be asking yourself while getting frustrated over his McGradiness is where would we be now if we still had the infamous Francis/Mobley duo?

Well, we can see what Francis is worth now, first hand. Meanwhile, Mobley is a reserve on possibly the worst team in the league.

Hate T-Mac or love T-Mac but if you hate him, don't forget to be thankful we have his lazy, injury-prone, outside-shooting "you know what" as an option over the man formerly known as The Franchise and his worthless sidekick.

4. dizign

dizign Member

whatever happens, pls don't let it be another dumbass move :mad:

i don't know which is worse, but these moves are some whacked up shiznits

1) 3 picks (which included richard jefferson) for eddie griffin

2) not drafting rashard lewis with three first round picks

3) getting mike james/ rafer

4) gay + swift is exponentially better than battiNAY!

5) falling in love with "glue" guys (all intangibles no skill/ undersized/ 0% skill)
    namely - battiNAY, juwan HOEward, scott "who?" padgett, chuck "ain't no "O"" in hayes

5. oneonepyopyo

oneonepyopyo Member

Originally Posted by JDMDC2
    You can not win a championship with Yao he is not capable of winning a championship on his own. You cannot surround him with role players and ask him to carry the team ala Tmac when Yao was out Im sorry. He needs another star beside him. I mean cmon he gotten taken out of the Utah series by Okur which we all know is all world defensive player. If we do trade tmac we need another scorer. You guys are kidding yourself if you think you can build around Yao Ming

I dont think that a good coach will be seeing this in the same way as you do. For instance, Phill....Etc.... ;)

6. vizier

vizier Member

no one can win a championship on his own, not even jordan period. also we are not give away t-mac for nothing remember. we have 20m to throw around at least.

7. ImmortalD24

ImmortalD24 Member

Kobe+Yao= Dynasty, 3-5rings imo, I wouldn't trade T-mac anything less than a top15 player in the league.

8. l3igballer23

l3igballer23 Contributing Member

I doubt that would work the paint will be clogged... hardly any spacing and bonzi is basically a viable third option for us he is right to come off the bench and give us a boost offensively otherwise our bench will stink...

9. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

TMac
    Head

for

Kobe

Works on the ESPN trade machine :D

Kobe + Yao would be amazing.

10. suxx0011

suxx0011 Member

That looks like a better and better option every day ...

11. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

except that the lakers nor Kobe would ever go for this at this point. Their team is actually winning, unlike us...

12. aleezy2011

aleezy2011 Member

tmac and mike james for Dwade, Jwill, and ricky davis

13. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

k. heinrich, nocioni, and a #1 for mcgrady and james

as sad as it seems, I bet the bulls wouldn't pull the trigger

doubt the salaries would work....

14. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

If you think hakeem needed thorpe to be the bruiser, you're wrong or just started watching the rox. Why does the biggest guy in the game need protection? Who is the bruiser/banger for Duncan? What about shaq? Young Zo? hakeem? none of those guy had this so called bruiser/banger? Why? the center or big man does all that. thats what makes players dominate! Thats why yao isn't as good as many wnt to make him. Hakeem won with Horry at the 4. Shaq won with horry,old ass grant and even ac green. Who is the banger for dwight howard? Exactly my point. The biggest guy in the entire game shouldn't need protection, he should be protection.

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You need a big bruising guy to rebound to go along with a shot-blocking defensive center. The reason is that when you have a guy like Hakeem, who will jump out and bother other player's shots, it comes at the price that they won't get as good positioning for rebounding.

So you need someone else to clean up the glass on the missed shots.

16. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

if you think Miami does this you need help

17. leebigez

So are you telling me that hakeem,robinson,ewing,Shaq<young Zo, and those guys didn't do all that? I mean when you claim to be dominant, you dont need anyone getting your back. That whole bruiser banger thing is because yao is soft. I didn't ever hear of some talking about bringing in a bruiser/ banger for hakeem,Duncan,Zo, or shaq. Orlando has rashard lewis playing the 4. why? because Howard is a beast. He doesn't need a banger because he is the banger. he doesn't need a bruiser or shotblocker because he is that. The big guy has to play like a big guy.

18. leebigez

thats my point

19. Seth

Seth Member

I doubt the Bulls agree to get more for the positions they already have a lot and give away their best PG.

I think is safe to say that Ben Wallace-Ben Gordon-Andres Nocioni-Chris Duhon for T-Mac-Scola-James is the best we can get out of Chicago, at least until they completely enter in panic mode.

20. blastaway

blastaway Member

I really don't want to trade Tmac, but if we do...Memphis loves to trade with us....so how about this:

This Trade Succeeded! Go back to adjust your trade or start over.
    Memphis Grizzlies

Incoming Players
    Chuck Hayes
    Salary: $1,750,000 Years Remaining: 3
    PTS: 3.3 REB: 6.3 AST: 1.0 PER: 12.09

Tracy McGrady
    Salary: $18,257,750 Years Remaining: 3
    PTS: 22.8 REB: 4.7 AST: 5.1 PER: 21.49

Kirk Snyder
    Salary: $2,358,433 Years Remaining: 1
    PTS: 4.0 REB: 1.5 AST: 1.0 PER: 15.18

Luther Head
    Salary: $1,122,000 Years Remaining: 2
    PTS: 5.9 REB: 1.6 AST: 1.4 PER: 12.52

Outgoing Players: Mike Miller, Pau Gasol, Kyle Lowry

Houston Rockets

Incoming Players
    Mike Miller
    Salary: $8,376,194 Years Remaining: 3
    PTS: 16.2 REB: 6.9 AST: 3.8 PER: 15.87

Pau Gasol
    Salary: $13,735,000 Years Remaining: 4
    PTS: 17.2 REB: 8.0 AST: 2.7 PER: 18.86

Kyle Lowry
    Salary: $1,087,680 Years Remaining: 1
    PTS: 9.8 REB: 4.1 AST: 3.8 PER: 14.56

Outgoing Players: Chuck Hayes, Tracy McGrady, Kirk Snyder, Luther Head

So, our starting lineup becomes:

AB (or whatever point guard you choose), MM, Bonzi, Paul G and Yao...better than we have now..with our bench:

Shane, Scola, MJ, Steve, Wafer, Kyle Lowry, and the rest of the brigade.

Memphis can then start:

Damon S., Tmac, Rudy Gay, Chuck and Darco....

and they add Luther and Snyder to their bench brigade.

It makes both teams better IMHO.

Still, if we can find a better trade to get where we need to with keeping Tmac, I would still prefer that.