1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tags:
  1. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

man, I would do this trade in a hearbeat....i would even take Marion and one of those other two guys for TMAC

2. MaxwellsTemper

That's a pretty solid trade. I don't know why PHX would go for that though. Nash just needs a bunch of athletic guys running with him, and Barbosa is a guy who can bring scoring in bunches when Nash is out. Head wouldn't replace that.

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

That Phoenix trade looks nice for a Rocket fan. Particularly when T-Mac is hurt -- most of us would no have taken in seriously in the first week of the season.

But Phoenix would never make that deal. Battier and Tracy do not fit into Phoenix's up and down style, at all. Battier doesn't run the court for layups, and Tracy doesn't play well off the ball. Luther might fit their system, but he's a huge downgrade from Barbosa.

There are all sorts of trades we can propose that would look great from our perspective. The problem is finding a team who's willing to take our players/contracts.

4. t-mac4bigmac

t-mac4bigmac Member

For those who are using last night as an example to trade Tmac, keep in mind that the last time we played the Nuggets, Tmac was playing and we won by 20ish points...one of the best games played by the Rockets all year.

5. dadesokan

dadesokan Contributing Member

I am shocked at TMACs attitude as a pro and a franchise player. Now I understand how in his last season in Orlando, they lost 61 games and TMAC did not play the last 12 -16 games because he was injured, according to him. When TMAC looses confindence is a team, he packs it in. He plays no D, no intensity and starts faking injuries. He has never been know to be a vocal leader on his teams as great a player as he is. What is more baffling is how you can get close to a quarter of a million per game as a franchise playerand you dont every try, you just have to wonder if he really has a conscience.

I believe TMAC gave up on this team totally the night we played Phily. He slightly turned his ankle, and saw the team was falling apart, he decided it was time to pack it in. When MJ and Battier got into it, he just turned away, totally ignoring them. TMAC has not desire anymore because he just does not believe in this team's anymore. He said in the response against dallas that we are not an elite team, meaning if we cant compete with the elite teams in this conference after 4 years here, I dont think we are going to be able to move past the first round, MENTALLY HE HAS CHECKED OUT.

He is faking and magnifying the injuries and laughing when games are over. He said in the game against denver last night that "This team currently has no identity and searching for one". This is a direct jab at RA's system, its not working and the frankly cannot be executed with this current roaster. I believe he is also angry with Les and Morey for not having better foresight as its now obvious that letting JVG go was mistake, Moreys decision to sign Francis and James is looking really bad right now cause both have not addressed the teams greatest point of weakness last season at PG. Rafer is still starting, and still not making shots and plays. He is clearly frustrated the team cannot make shots when he or yao gets doubled. So he starts to fake injuries, I believe either in a bid to get Les to make some changes, trades or TRADE HIM. TMAC knows that if he does not win a championship in the next 2 years, his window will probably be closed. He also said in the post game interview against dallas that it makes no sense for his to play great, which he can, if its not a team effort, meaning " I have carried teams all my life, especially in the post season, my individual post season stats show that, but its gotten me ONLY first round exits in all my tries. I dont want to do that anymore, find me real REAL help or trade me". Quite frankly, TMAC does not care about the season games at this point in his career, he believes in his abilities and that if he is on a great team, championship caliber-type team, an elite team, it does not matter who you play in the first round, you should be able to beat them if you want to win it all. So it is really all about the post seaon for him now. He clearly does not want to risk playing hard every night and risk injury on a team that right now looks more like a lottery bound team in a tough Western conference where teams like the blazers are winning 9 in row!!!!

JVG really inspired TMAC, he said hes the best coach he's ever played for. JVG made TMAC play Defense, we will remember the dallas series where he guarded Dirk, so we know what TMAC is capable of doing, when he is into it. Right now, he really wants a team where he can coast during the season and play in April. He has said his goal was to play all 82 games this season, but when the team started going south, he decided he would just let the team figure things out and he can take some time off. If TMAC was the one who got hit in the head like battier, who quickly got 4 stitches and came back to work, TMAC would have said he had Brain/skull damage and he would be throw passes into the crowd claiming he is seem 8 teammates out there instead of 4. Thats TMAC!!!

Clearly like Magic said, I think its best to trade TMAC, but I would say do it at the end of the season. He is still a great player, and I think if we wait till the end of the season and just ride it with our current cast, we may have a chance to get KOBE. He still wants out of LA, even though they are playing well now, the still cannot win a championship with their current cast, and I dont think he wants to go to Chicago or NY anymore. Bring back JVG will might get us more wins but probably no more than another first round exit, it will also cost more to fire RA and bring back JVG, Les' pocket has got to be hurting right now. If the current young players on this team can develop, while TMAC plays his injury game all season, when he plays feed him so that we can raise his trade value, we might still get the 8th spot or just go to the lottery and get a great pick for the future. Lets face it, we cant get any great trade values for him right now cause teams will know the Rockets are desparate again, just lik e at the beginning of the season.

I say play through it Yao and the young players, learn RAs system better, Play TMAC only when he really feels like playing so that we can increase his trade value, and lets wait for the offseason to see if we can get Kobe. Trust me, Kobe will want out again after another first round exit in LA!

6. dadesokan

dadesokan Contributing Member

I am shocked at TMACs attitude as a pro and a franchise player. Now I understand how in his last season in Orlando, they lost 61 games and TMAC did not play the last 12 -16 games because he was injured, according to him. When TMAC looses confindence is a team, he packs it in. He plays no D, no intensity and starts faking injuries. He has never been know to be a vocal leader on his teams as great a player as he is. What is more baffling is how you can get close to a quarter of a million per game as a franchise playerand you dont every try, you just have to wonder if he really has a conscience.

I believe TMAC gave up on this team totally the night we played Phily. He slightly turned his ankle, and saw the team was falling apart, he decided it was time to pack it in. When MJ and Battier got into it, he just turned away, totally ignoring them. TMAC has not desire anymore because he just does not believe in this team's anymore. He said in the response against dallas that we are not an elite team, meaning if we cant compete with the elite teams in this conference after 4 years here, I dont think we are going to be able to move past the first round, MENTALLY HE HAS CHECKED OUT.

He is faking and magnifying the injuries and laughing when games are over. He said in the game against denver last night that "This team currently has no identity and searching for one". This is a direct jab at RA's system, its not working and the frankly cannot be executed with this current roaster. I believe he is also angry with Les and Morey for not having better foresight as its now obvious that letting JVG go was mistake, Moreys decision to sign Francis and James is looking really bad right now cause both have not addressed the teams greatest point of weakness last season at PG. Rafer is still starting, and still not making shots and plays. He is clearly frustrated the team cannot make shots when he or yao gets doubled. So he starts to fake injuries, I believe either in a bid to get Les to make some changes, trades or TRADE HIM. TMAC knows that if he does not win a championship in the next 2 years, his window will probably be closed. He also said in the post game interview against dallas that it makes no sense for his to play great, which he can, if its not a team effort, meaning " I have carried teams all my life, especially in the post season, my individual post season stats show that, but its gotten me ONLY first round exits in all my tries. I dont want to do that anymore, find me real REAL help or trade me". Quite frankly, TMAC does not care about the season games at this point in his career, he believes in his abilities and that if he is on a great team, championship caliber-type team, an elite team, it does not matter who you play in the first round, you should be able to beat them if you want to win it all. So it is really all about the post seaon for him now. He clearly does not want to risk playing hard every night and risk injury on a team that right now looks more like a lottery bound team in a tough Western conference where teams like the blazers are winning 9 in row!!!!

JVG really inspired TMAC, he said hes the best coach he's ever played for. JVG made TMAC play Defense, we will remember the dallas series where he guarded Dirk, so we know what TMAC is capable of doing, when he is into it. Right now, he really wants a team where he can coast during the season and play in April. He has said his goal was to play all 82 games this season, but when the team started going south, he decided he would just let the team figure things out and he can take some time off. If TMAC was the one who got hit in the head like battier, who quickly got 4 stitches and came back to work, TMAC would have said he had Brain/skull damage and he would be throw passes into the crowd claiming he is seem 8 teammates out there instead of 4. Thats TMAC!!!

Clearly like Magic said, I think its best to trade TMAC, but I would say do it at the end of the season. He is still a great player, and I think if we wait till the end of the season and just ride it with our current cast, we may have a chance to get KOBE. He still wants out of LA, even though they are playing well now, the still cannot win a championship with their current cast, and I dont think he wants to go to Chicago or NY anymore. Bring back JVG will might get us more wins but probably no more than another first round exit, it will also cost more to fire RA and bring back JVG, Les' pocket has got to be hurting right now. If the current young players on this team can develop, while TMAC plays his injury game all season, when he plays feed him so that we can raise his trade value, we might still get the 8th spot or just go to the lottery and get a great pick for the future. Lets face it, we cant get any great trade values for him right now cause teams will know the Rockets are desparate again, just lik e at the beginning of the season.

I say play through it with Yao and the young players, learn RAs system better, Play TMAC only when he really feels like playing so that we can increase his trade value, and lets wait for the offseason to see if we can get Kobe. Trust me, Kobe will want out again after another first round exit in LA!

7. LeGrouper

LeGrouper Contributing Member

DaDa, you're killing me with the Phoenix dreamcast.

This is exactly what I am talking about when I say realistic.

Why would a team that is doing well trade away half of it's rotation???
    I thought TMac for Marion was bad, but throwing in Diaw and Barbossa is hilarious. Everyone knows that TMac is fragile and Diaw and Barbossa play huge minutes for the Suns.

Please keep the trades realistic, IE there is a possible chance the other team might bite.

I think ESPN and RealGM need a new feature on their tradecheckers - the Realism Ratio.

8. jdmb82

jdmb82 Member

Pheonix wants to contend, not sit around and make excuses for their underperformance and the promise of 'next season.'

I have been a staunch supporter of Mcgrady for a long time now. Nobody's perfect. I admit that I was wrong. I don't think the Rockets can get out of the first round as long as he's around. The organization should cut their losses and trade him somewhere somehow to anyone who's dumb enough to take him.

9. wesleythib

wesleythib Member

Perfect! I couldn't have said this better! T-Mac is stuck at the same age as when he came into this league (17, 18 whatever). In order to understand a superstar athlete that has come out of high school, you have to think like one. We all know he demands attention at all times and everything is always about him. (IT's ON ME!) This is the main reason why these guys should get some college in, be a teenager, become an adult and then you can be a real professional.

Magette and Mobley sound great to me right now. Both teams suck anyways, so why not?

dadesokan if you are not a psychologist then maybe you should be.

10. MotionDefense

MotionDefense Member

Yao and which young players? Who are indeed young on this team?

11. LeGrouper

OK, I didn't say anything when Dadesokan wrote one of the longest posts in the history of CC.net... and then posted it twice.... but now two people have replied to the post.... by using the reply to post button....

Please... no more...

12. LeGrouper

Hey Phoenix, want to contend? How about trading away three of your most important players for our injured one and some fodder?

Phoenix has the record we want? Why the hell would they trade half their team for our injured shooting guard? Who is injured every year, twice or three times a year.

13. jdmb82

jdmb82 Member

14. wesleythib

wesleythib Member

Wasn't anymore a waste of space than what you just posted. Get over it! How many of your 2 thousand somethin post had something intelligent to say about any topic?

15. jdmb82

jdmb82 Member

Why not try to trade T-Mac + Scola plus several future 1st round picks to Chicago for Luol Deng and Ben Wallace? Rockets could move "the beast" to power forward and, on the minute chance that the Bulls would be stupid enough to accept, Mcgrady can be someone else's cancerous problem.

16. LeGrouper

Wesleythib, if you aren't a insult comic then maybe you should be.

17. MotionDefense

MotionDefense Member

Hey wesleythib, I am one of the guilty parties in doing that too and I know I should have just quoted the part of the long post that I wanted to reply to. LeGrouper was actually right to point out our mistake. You didn't have to insult him like that.

18. LeGrouper

Thanks MotionD, no worries. We are all Rockets Fans and that's what counts.

19. Asian Sensation

If we trade T-mac I'd like to get a true point guard. Since we all know were not gonna get a top tier PG. I think the best scenario is a mid-top or has the potential to become top tier. If I were Morey I'd seriously consider entertaining packages including the following players.

TJ Ford or Jose Calderon- Either of these would be terrific.

Raymond Felton- Solid young guard that can run a team.

Kirk Hinrich- I know he sucks right now (and I don't understand) but we all know he's better. Plus his value is depreciated right now so buy low.

Andre Miller- Can't shoot the 3 to save his life but can run a team pretty well and has a nice midrange J. Would be nice with a package that included either Korver+ picks or Iguodala (who's also unhappy)

Mo Williams- I wish we would've had the money to sign this guy this past summer.

20. wesleythib

wesleythib Member

Sorry guys! I guess all Rox fans are all on edge right now and are quick to lash out. Not tryin to ruffle any feathers (motion and LeGrouper)