1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TRADE T-MAC? excerpt from SportingNews

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jsmee2000, Aug 21, 2007.

1. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

don't worry my man. tmac and yao are too good for one-and-out to keep happening.

look at peytom manning. he had a great team so that's why he never had to play a first round (since in football u can skip it) but he often lost in the 2nd round. and ppl were beginning to call him a loser.

and he never performed at a high level in the playoffs like tmac. so ppl calling tmac a loser now is expected.

but like i said, tmac and yao are just to odamn good for this to keep happening. they will break out eventually.

2. rockets fan

rockets fan Rookie

dude...Yao missed the softest part of the schedule last year. How many games did you actually watch?

3. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

You cant be serious?. are you kidding me?. .oh and i watch almost every game chump.I SHOULDNT EVEN WASTED MY TIME REPLYING..
    Games yao missed.

@Indiana
    @NJN
    ATL
    MEM
    SEA
    UTA
    @MIN
    @CHI
    LAL
    @SAC
    @DEN
    @DAL
    PHO
    @SAS
    POR
    PHI
    SEA
    NOK
    MIN
    MEM
    @DAL
    CHA
    SAC
    MIA
    @ATL
    @ORL
    BOS
    TOR
    @DEN
    SAS

if thats the easiest part of the scheduel then i dont know hat to say.

4. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I see some tough opponents but a lot of creampuffs in that stretch without Yao. Indiana, New Jersey, Atlanta, Memphis, Seattle, Minnesota, Lakers without Odom I think, Sacramento twice, Denver once I think pre- Iverson, Portland, Philly, Seattle again, Minnesota again, Memphis again, Charlotte, Miami without Wade I believe but either way still pretty bad, Atlanta again, and Boston but I think the Rockets lost this one. They did face some pretty strong competition but yes there was a lot of lesser competition they should have beaten regardless. That's 18 wins they stood a good shot at winning even without Yao in my opinion. It shouldn't dismiss any of McGrady's accomplishments though. Assuming the Rockets fizzle out of the 1st round, I wouldn't be surprised to see either Yao or McGrady shopped around, but if they stood pat again with these two again I'd have little complaints. Objectively who could the Rockets get for either of these two that would be worth equal price? And more than that, why are we talking about a 1st round exit that may not even happen? I hate pessimistic articles that only deal with what could happen assuming the worst should happen.

5. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Is that the Softest part of the 82 game scheduel or not?. obviously it's not.
    We played The spurs twice, dallas twice, denver three times the heat, and the jazz. lets not forget we played the Bulls in chicago.

Most experts had written us off because yao going down when it was widely regarded that we were entering the hardset part of our schduel.

6. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Oh miami had wade. he scored 32 points in that game. then in the last quarter when the game was pretty much won, he hurt he's shoulder.

7. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

remember, when u took out yao, even v. teams like nets/pacers, they were more talented than us b/c we only had tmac.

we were basically a "lil better" version of orlando at its best.

we started to consider them "not as good as us" b/c we WON those games and tmac were the main point. if we lost, we would have said we didn't have yao.

8. rockets fan

rockets fan Rookie

Name a softer stretch

9. rockets fan

rockets fan Rookie

Not to mention that we lost to Dallas twice, Spurs once, and Miami was hardly ever elite last year. We hardly kicked ass during the tougher teams of that stretch. Essentially, we managed to pad our wins against bottom dwelling teams.

10. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

The thing about Rockets with JVG is that if we lost Yao or T-mac... u could see the shI# was about to hit fan and it usually did....because you combine JVG lack of offensive strategy with the lack of legitimate people could actually score we were screw with like David Wesley, Juwan Howard, and etc.

What T-Mac did when Yao was going was turn into his old-self score and score some more....you all have to remember this guy was CRAZY in Orlando...he averaged over 30 ppg once and was close to it again later.

Another player efficiency stat...McGrady is 13th all time behind Karl Malone and Magic Johnson.

As strange as this sounds it's even higher than Kobe's.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/PER_career.html/

11. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

exactly. what that showed is tmac CAN reach into that dominant scorer again if need be. but when yao returned, JVG used him more of a playmaker rather than a total scorer.

but i'm sure adelman will change that since we also have francis/james.

12. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

superstars get out of the first round atleast once in a 10 year career whether as sole leader of a team or on a team with supporters

13. DcProWLer277

DcProWLer277 Rookie

Regardless of t-mac's game last year especially fg % in the playoffs, he will definantly be better in this years playoffs. I figure with all the offensive weapons we have now if they mesh together with a well conditioned t-mac he can coast until the playoff and explode like he did in the dallas series or even bring it to another level which he is more than capable of doing. Anyone who thinks we should trade him is cr@zy...PERIOD.

14. mc-fine

mc-fine Member

T-Mac's body can't handle the killer instinct attack mentality anymore and that is why he has fallen off. Having said that Tracy at 75% of what he used to be is still a top 20 player in the league. You aren't going to get a Kobe or Wade in exchange for him and you'll end up with 2 or 3 projects in return. No one should be in a hurry to deal a player with McGrady's production. Lets hope the new offense gives him more options than pick and roll at 3 pt line.