1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade: Rudy Gay AND Stro Swift for Shane Battier?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Possum, Jun 28, 2006.

1. McGradySNKT

McGradySNKT Contributing Member

Truth is he wasnt given a fair chance. You want to blame Swift for not panning out for one year then you can say JVG shouldnt be given another chance either

2. ktvoss

ktvoss Contributing Member

we blame swift not panning out for five years. not jvg's fault

3. McGradySNKT

Again, never played with Tmac and Yao. That was the plan. That plan didnt happen last year.

4. ktvoss

ktvoss Contributing Member

he was supposed to miracously play better with yao and mac? why cant he be independent himself and learn to adapt to the other players? if he didnt get it by playing with alston/yao or alston/tmac, then theres no point, he will never get it.

5. McGradySNKT

Im not calling him a star, but i think he could've produced better with then entire team on the court.

Sort of how he did in preseason.

6. ricealum

ricealum Contributing Member

Swift was brought in last year to be a missing piece and complement Yao and TMac. Yao missed 25 games last year and TMac 35. I would like to see Swift have a chance to do what he was signed to do before giving up on him.

7. Champ06

Champ06 Member

To make you guys feel better about the trade, here an article about Shane Battier.

Link= http://www.commercialappeal.com/mca/grizzlies/article/0,1426,MCA_475_4835606,00.html

8. McGradySNKT

Its not about Shane, his passion, his hard nosed play, or his personality. Its more about the amount of assets it took to get him, from an already thin lineup.

9. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

what if tmac or yao goes down and battiers production does not improve?

10. MemphisX

MemphisX Contributing Member

What? You guys didn't draft Swift #2 out of college. You guys signed a known commodity and he gave you exactly what he has given since he came into the league. Blame Rocket's management.

11. MemphisX

MemphisX Contributing Member

What? You guys didn't draft Swift #2 out of college. You guys signed a known commodity and he gave you exactly what he has given since he came into the league. Blame Rocket's management.

12. Aloe

Aloe Contributing Member

MemphisX is right. Then they turn around and betray Swift by sending him back to his original team. No wonder it's hard to get guys to sign with this team.

13. McGradySNKT

I agree. Jan Gundy seems as unstable as this entire front office is

14. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

The only reason they signed him was because they thought in a different situation he might be able to do more. When they found out that what you see is what you get they didn't want him anymore. I wasn't in favor of getting Swift to begin with (I wanted SAR), but you are right in that it was the Rox management that signed him in the first place.

15. funksoultrader

Ditto that. Just ask Mike James. We're going to have to offer no trade clauses as a standard package if we're ever going to sign free agents in the future.

16. Dei

Dei Member

Dunno what the hell you're contesting. That's the same thing I said.

17. McGradySNKT

Dont know why you quoted me, because i wasnt directing that post toward you

18. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

...and when we had Rudy T who was overly loyal, giving out huge contracts to the likes of Moochie and Cato, who exactly did we get in free agency? Maurice Taylor.

19. Chopped

Chopped Member

Any one else think that the Battier ass kissing is getting out of hand on SR610? Enough already about the guys charecter, what matters in the nba is talent, which we gave up too much of in this trade...

20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

well it was also reported that gay's character was as good as battiers..

how about swift? did he have a bad character? i know he has low iq..

and how about our coach.. screaming conspiracy after a playoffs loss really isn't a sign of character IMO..