1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TRADE] Rose to Knicks for A. Davis

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mogrod, Feb 3, 2006.

1. munco

munco Member

do the knicks care about contracts? aren't they already obscenely over the cap.
    if you don't consider the contracts the knicks got
    jalen rose + first rounder for antonio davis

2. foodworld

foodworld Member

Which is exactly how Isiah views putting together a team.

Problem is, salary and chemistry do matter.

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

• Wasn't the pick the Raptors sent to the Knicks one of the picks they got back in the VC trade? The parts of that trade aggregated continue to look worse and worse on the Raptors side. Yikes!

• I have to think that this Knicks trade is just a precursor to other moves. I mean do they really need Rose? They can barely find time on what to do with Crawford, Robinson, Marbury, Richardson etc. I dont see Rose as a LB type player at all! Move moves have to be coming out of this.

• And once again the Knicks are BUYING 1st round picks. It seems that's their only way to get young talent that MIGHT be able to blossom on that team since they will never be under the cap for a player.

• No matter what Bosh wants, I dont see the Raptors locking up a 31 year old James to a FULL MLE deal. I bet James gets traded too.

4. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

I had to do a double take when I first heard about the trade because of the #1 pick that was thrown in but that's how hard its been to find takers for Jalen, you have to throw in a big incentive for someone to take on that huge contract of his. Leaving money aside the Knicks got the better of the deal and I hear the Knicks plan to use Jalen at the point in addition to being a swing man, the Knicks are thin at the PG position because Robinson and Crawford have been horrible running the point when Marbury isn't. Another reason the Knicks got him was Zeke confirmed that LB wanted Jalen.

5. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

The Knicks were just getting rid of AD's wife. While Isiah has his won "misconduct" charges flying around, he doesn't want any competition.

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i think for one they just really wanted a 1st round pick. its one thing not to have one when your making the playoffs and having a decent season. but when your at the bottom of the league and have nothing at all to show for it at the end of the year, that tends to look pretty bad.

7. reggietodd

reggietodd Contributing Member

This was not a bad trade for the Knicks. Jalen can still play (if he wants to). He used to be one of the best defensive players in the league. I think if he's happy in NY and plays to his full potential, then it is a good deal for the Knicks.

8. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

I do. If Bosh leaves, Toronto may as well shut down their franchise. He could end up staying anyway without MJ, but it's better for them to have both than neither.

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

The fact that the Knicks also received a first round pick swings this deal in their favor.

10. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

So I'm watching the Knicks play the Clips and Malike Rose passed to Jalen Rose in the Rose Garden. I thought that was funny. The only two players in the league with the last name Rose somehow end up on the same team that plays in an arena named the Rose Garden. Pretty cool.

11. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

Except it's not the Rose Garden. :D

12. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

Man do I feel dumb. I don't know what I was thinking. Of course it's Madison Sqaure Garden and not the Rose Garden which is in Portland. Oh well maybe they'll both be traded to Portland one day. :eek: