1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TRADE] Rose to Knicks for A. Davis

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mogrod, Feb 3, 2006.

1. hooroo

hooroo Member

reading between the lines, thomas got rid of brown's greatest ally among the knicks players.

2. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

LOL, I was thinking the same thing.

I think everyone on that team, except the three rookies (Lee, Robinson, Frye), should all be watching their backs.

3. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Crap! I thought the Rockets would trade for Jalen Rose...oh well. ;)

EDIT: On second thought, he's now a Knick, which is a necessary step before he becomes a Rocket...I guess hope is not lost after all.

#23 tigermission1, Feb 3, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2006
  4. codell

codell Contributing Member

:eek:

i love you pgabs

5. codell

codell Contributing Member

If Toronto continues to stink, and didn't invoke any sort of protection for that 1st rounder, it might be a decent deal for the Knicks.

6. pacertom

pacertom Member

It's the 1st round pick that Toronto obtained from Denver, lottery-protected

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

haven't you had enough of the overpaid michigan players?
    how about some young talent for once.

8. room4rentsf

room4rentsf Contributing Member

Wrong. They do Save Money, no matter what AD does... for the simple fact that they save from having to pay Jalen Roses gigantic contract for this AND MORE IMPORTANTLY NEXT SEASON. AD's contract expires at the end of this season and furthermore If AD does not report, the Raptors are not obligated in any way to pay the remainder of his contract. If he reports but claims an injury the Raptors again save money, due to the fact his contract like 99.9% of those in the NBA are injuried insured, meaning they would only pay a portion of his contract. As far as the Alonzo case was concern, they shoulda just suspended his ass and not pay him, instead of negotiating the buyout.

Either way this is a good deal for the Raptors due to the fact they get rid of the 31million in salary and cap space tied to Jalen Rose at the cost of what will like be a middle to high 1st rounder.

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

from espn:
    John Hollinger's Trade Breakdown
    If there's a player who is the antithesis of what Knicks coach Larry Brown is about, it's Jalen Rose. Brown likes his players mentally tough and defensive-minded; Rose is completely offensive-minded and bristles at the slightest suggestion that he might no longer be a star. The two were paired briefly in Indiana and mixed about as well as peanut butter and tacos. Brown grew incensed by Rose's defensive lapses and banished him to the pine, and Rose got upset.

Oddly enough, this pattern later repeated itself when Rose played for Thomas in Indiana, which is why I didn't expect to see Rose turn up in New York.

Incidentally, Antonio Davis, now a Raptor for the second time, may agree to a buyout with Toronto, and if so one imagines he'll eventually land back home in Chicago.

10. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

Good job JH.

Isiah/James Dolan just paid 60+ million (including luxury tax) for what is currently the 22nd pick in the 2006 Draft.

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

So when will Stephon quit sucking statswise?

12. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Wouldn't be a bad option for us to consider either especially if a deal goes down for Swift, he would be a nice replacement.

#32 baller4life315, Feb 3, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2006
  13. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

HEHEHE Crazy Knicks fans

Knicks fans are all hyped up about the Jalen Rose trade. Now they are talking about peddling off QRich and their first round pick to us for some of our expirings and our "lottery pick". They think it will be fair since our pick is like #5 right now. ROFL

Let's send them Mooch and Anderson and our #1 for their #1 and QRich. I'd bet their pick turns out to be a better pick than ours by the end of the season.

:p :D :p :D :) ;)

14. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Well I'm sure the Bulls are hoping you're right ... since they own the Knicks #1 pick.

15. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

would isiah spontaneously combust if a contract expired on his watch?

16. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

come on now, do you really think isiah pulled one over on somebody?

17. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

The Nuggets pick is the 22nd one right now, and with Camby returning, and any possible trades throwing Voshon and Watson out of the mix, Denver will only get better.

18. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Exactly this deal is absolutely dreadful.

The Knicks are getting a washed up fab-five player who has no clue how to play defense. Larry Brown is going to have fits dealing with Jalen Rose's non-defense. And the Knicks are getting a low first-rounder but that doesn't make up for Rose's bad contract.

I almost thought that it couldnt get worse for Isiah and that he might go till the trade deadline without bailing anyone out but boy was I wrong.

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I am beginning to believe that Isiah thinks the NBA is a fantasy league.

20. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

Two additional thoughts:

1 LB must have had input on this trade. Isiah wouldn't have done this over LB's objections.

2 The Knicks may plan to trade Jalen Rose to another team quickly. Him going to the Knicks is a complete waste. He should go to a team trying to make a serious playoff run. I like him more than most here because I believe he has matured. Don't chop Isiah down just yet. Adding Rose to a 14-31 team with almost no playoff hopes is too dumb even for Zeke.

I agree with the concern that LB lost his greatest ally among Knick players. Antonio Davis seemed to be the only Knick who could relate to the insecure coach Flakey. I also agree that Davis could reach a buyout with the Raptors, but I don't know if the Bulls want him after his wife's fiasco.