1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TRADE] Rose to Knicks for A. Davis

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mogrod, Feb 3, 2006.

1. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

#1 mogrod, Feb 3, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2006
  2. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

3. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

Isiah Thomas is such a idiot. He trades for a player in Jalen Rose is a horrible defender and who gets 31 million over the next 2 years. Right when Qyntel Woods was playing good he acquires another overpayed scrub. Good trade for the Raptors. I don't think AD will report and he may retire so you don't have to pay him. He didn't like Toronto the first time so I doubt he will now.

4. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

I thought he didn't get along with Larry Brown in Indiana?

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

If this is true Isiah I can't defend you any more. let the contracts expire. Please. we're begging you.

they have lost nine out of ten and the team they beat, the Magic

I can't win.

6. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Neither did Reggie Miller.

7. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

Wonder when that first rounder is due, and whether Isiah will be around to use it.

8. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

WTF is Raptors doing? I know JR has problems, but AD?!!!! The guy caused all the trouble, all the b****ing and complaining about wanting to play at home, caused the trade with Chicago, and forced JYD with him. Unlike JYD, AD badmouthed about Raptors everytime he got a chance. If it's not for VC, and stupid Raptors management, he would never get that super deal. After all the crap he pulled, now Toronto just got him back?!!!!! Is that Toronto's tradition or what, basketball or hockey, they just keep getting super overpaid, double over the top old players, and never can keep their talent. Forget about Billups, forget about VC, I am not sure how long they can keep Bosh after his rockie contract. @$# that!

9. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Brown hates rookies. I'm sure Isaiah will use it to trade off Hardaway's expiring contract for Dampier or something.

10. gsd99rhc

gsd99rhc Member

i think they got along okay, it's just that brown wouldn't let rose play point guard. everyone thought he could be the next big point guard, like magic. he's shown no ability to distribute the ball in the years since.

11. mogrod

Yea, I don't understand this deal for the Knicks. They already have Crawford, Ariza, Woods, Richardson and Lee who all play SG and/or SF. That's not mentioning Hardaway who is getting paid and not playing at all.

And for the Raptors, what's up with trading a 1st-rounder just to get an expiring contract? I mean, Rose's deal was for only one more season. Getting out of his contract just one season earlier warrants giving up a 1st?

12. Bank_Shot

Bank_Shot Contributing Member

Are the Raptors giving up this year's No. 1 overall pick? If so, that would mean the Knicks just paid 15 million dollars for a top five draft pick in a very weak draft class.

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

a bad trade for both sides, unbelievable.

14. mogrod

I think it's Denver's 1st for this year that Toronto got from NJ in the Carter deal.

15. gsd99rhc

gsd99rhc Member

i'd have to think this is only the prelude to a flurry of activity by isiah and the knicks. i wouldn't be surprised if half their roster is changed by the deadline.

16. real_egal

Stupid people are meant for each other, I mean both Isiah and Raptors management. Am I the bad luck?!!! Damn it! I lived in Toronto before I moved to NYC temporarily. Now they pulled a deal like that, I don't know who to pitty, maybe fans in both cities.

17. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

This is a great trade for the Raptors. Antonio Davis's contract expires after this season and Jalen is due $16,901,500 next year. If he doesn't report to the Raptors which I think he will not, they save even more money.

18. real_egal

Not necessarily saving money. They would have to buy him out, if he uses some injury as excuse instead of plainly refusing to play for them. Unlike JJ, I don't think AD would be a class act to save Raptors that money. Look at another class guy in Alonzo, he refused to play for the Raptors and took advantage of them and cashed out.

19. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

I think the reason the Raptors made this trade is to free up money to re-sign Mike James this offseason. Chris Bosh said yesterday that he wants the Raptors to re-sign Mike. Raptors are going do everything to make Bosh happy so he doesn't leave them.

20. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

Garbage in, garbage out.