1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Mobley&Cato for Sprewell!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RCKTBachar, Jan 30, 2003.

1. RCKTBachar

RCKTBachar Member

Trade Mobley & Cato
    For Sprewell!!!

Houston trades: SG Cuttino Mobley (18.1 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 3.0 apg in 41.9 minutes)
    C Kelvin Cato (4.5 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 0.3 apg in 18.1 minutes)

Houston receives: SF Latrell Sprewell (17.4 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 4.4 apg in 38.4 minutes

Due to Houston and New York being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Houston and New York had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

This would work!!!
    NY needs a Center and Cato could be just what the DR. ordered.

2. WLH

WLH Member

I would be surprised if we traded Cato and very surprised if we traded Mobley.

3. empiric

empiric Member

Let me ask you something: do you smoke weed everyday? Or you are just an idiot?

Look at least at numbers, not talking 'bout effort Cato gives every single game.

4. dreday

dreday Contributing Member

you have to be kidding me??? have you not watched any of the games in the last say...month?
    no way we trade Cato right now, and as bad as Cat has been playing I wouldn't trade him straight up for Spree either...:rolleyes:

5. RCKTBachar

RCKTBachar Member

Your smart guy(empric). Sprewell is a true veteran.

Cato is still Cato, just because his stock is a little up this year he is overpaid for being a backup @ 7mill a year, he is overpriced. Sell high, basic economics.

Would you take Spree over Mobley? of course you would.

You dont need to make suggestions about my personal life, or is that all you could come up with because you are a moron?

Cato & Mobley are mental midgets.....

#5 RCKTBachar, Jan 30, 2003
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2003
  6. RCKTBachar

RCKTBachar Member

Not to mention Empiric, at least make a sentence or two that makes some sort of sense. Hooked on Phonics worked for me!

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Sprewell sucks, shoots like 40% and is a streetballer

8. RCKTBachar

RCKTBachar Member

Not as much of a street baller as Mobley. Sprewell plays tough D, and when he creates his own shot it doesnt look forced, like Mobley.

I agree that he isnt some sort of Marksman, the only other player he has on his team is Houston, so is shooting % suffers. But he is tough, driven, and not Mobley

9. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Neither one of them are "streetballers." But for argument's sake, why on earth would anyone want to take on Sprewell? That's just asinine. The guy has been trouble for the past several years. Then, just when everyone thought he was starting to clean up his act, he goes and breaks his hand on someone's jaw on a yacht, and leaves his already undermanned team high and dry.

No thanks!

10. empiric

empiric Member

Sprewell is equal to Mobley. Sprewell was better some time ago. But it's definetly past. He is becoming older and older so his biggest strenghs: quickness and explosiveness are less and less significant. Maybe I'm saying a bit too much now, but: for me he is a wreck of player with no real future.

Ask whoever you want: the fact is that Cato is just very good back-up for Ming. We have probably one of the best center duos in the league. He plays so good this season, that Rudy gave him lately even some playing time on PF-spot. And he isn't complaining about his lost job in first line-up. It really doesn't make sense to trade him, especially to get Spree.

11. RCKTBachar

RCKTBachar Member

I can see your point, but I was just looking around the league for someone that is a traditional athletic "2" and is obtainable. If we had Spree maybe he would be choking the hell out of Rudy right now.

How about Eddie Jones?

12. Jack Frost

Jack Frost Member

Would Sprewell foul a great shooter in Michael Finley behind the 3 point line TWO times in one nite? Hell Eddie Jones is the real guy Rox need to be lookin at.

13. RCKTBachar

RCKTBachar Member

Thats kind of what I am getting at Jack Frost.

Spree and Eddie Jones both have higher basketball IQ's than Mobley and could be had for the right offer.

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Sprewell complained earlier this year about the new offense they were using. Add him and Marbury to the list of dumb players who would rather iso despite the fact that they shoot around 40%. I would rather not have either of these guys, especially considering what we're going through now.

15. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

No no no no! What we really need is Greg Foster. man, can that guy play. AND he gives a great interview...very articulate.

Plus he has that great throat-slashing thing he does...you know, that he did with the Jazz!? That's what we need, more throat-slashing signs, and maybe he can teach the rest of the team....or maybe each player can have his own personal "intimidation" move.

Like........Cato's can be a stomp to the testicles.

16. RCKTBachar

RCKTBachar Member

Yao's could be Karate Chop to the Larnyx.

Moochie's would be using someone's sack as a speedbag.

Mobley's would be jump on them and kiss'em like he does Steve....oops I mean he wouldnt have one because he would still be dribbling the ball!

17. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Mobley gets more rebounds and scores more points shooting a higher percentage than Sprewell. At this point in their careers their defense is about equal. Spree makes about twice as much money as Mobes. One time Spree tried to strangle his coach on the sideline. Let's definitely trade Mobes for him right away, and heck, let's throw in the guy who is second in the league in r/48.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

18. Nova

Nova Member

You've gotta be kidding... Another Sprewell trade thread... come on. No way you give up Cato and Mobley for Sprewell.

:rolleyes: :mad: :rolleyes: :mad:

19. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Stop right there! What makes Sprewell a <b>true</b> veteran? :eek:

Just because he's bee in the league for a long time doesn't make him a true veteran. There are rookies who are more mature and professional than Latrell Sprewell.