1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Luther now

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by texanskan, Oct 15, 2007.

1. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

why his value is as high as it will ever be.

Do ya'll think we could get a first rounder from a good east team (Boston) that will have a late first round pick?

IMO, best case senario

Cut Sura (well 1 million dollar buyout)
    Trade JL3 for 2nd round pick
    Trade Luther for 1st round pick
    Cut Reed

Alston/James(can play the 2 as well)/Brooks
    T-Mac/Francis/Wells(can play the 2 or 3)
    Battier/Snyder/Harris
    Hayes/Scola/Landry or Novak(one will be the last cut)
    Yao/Deke/Butler

and as you can see I will take Mike Harris over Novak or Landry one of those two are my 15th and final roster spot.

Luther does one thing good he shoots the ball well, he can't play point, he plays poor team d and all and all he seems to have a low BB IQ so I say lets ship him off to either Riley or Doc Rivers for a late first rounder and roll with a guy like Mike Harris who might be able to help this team at some point this season.

2. sparky

sparky Member

Luther will show us a lot this season. Trust me. He was one dimesional in JVG offense.

3. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I think so too. Anyone who watched him play with Illini knows that he's more than a spot up shooter. I don't know that he will be as effective as he was there because of course the defenses are tougher, but he looks to be a lot stronger now too.

There are so many weapons on this team though. I don't know how we can keep them all. Someone is going to have to go and I can't see it being any of the veterans.

4. eMat

eMat Contributing Member

I think that Luther is better than a late first round pick, so if that is all we can get then no, we wouldn't trade him.

5. Barkley

Barkley Member

Luther isn't as important as he was but he's still good. We need shooter like he is. SO I won't trade him, not even now

6. texanskan

who is he gonna play over?

Alston, Francis, James, Wells, T-Mac, Battier, Hayes, Scola and Yao are your 9 guys and Deke will get some min when we play a true center.

As far as a shooter I'll take Brooks who can hit from everywhere and can also play point

7. Barkley

Barkley Member

Ok but you cannot compare Luther to brooks...Head is a lot better shooter.

We'll se how he'll play. Everythin depends

8. lunaticrocket

lunaticrocket Rookie

Luther was a late first round pick. And I think he proved he should have been a top 15 pick.

Unless we could get a guaranteed top 10 pick (and we won't), I would not trade him at all.

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I think Adelman might actually like Head more than Francis. He's said a lot of positive things about Luther, but I don't think I've heard say anything positive about Steve.

10. texanskan

I don't think Head is a better shooter, if you want to use the rookie arguement than that's fine but I don't think Head is a better shooter infact I don't think he does anything better than Brooks.

I don't hate Luther I just think he is what he is and with our roster and us needing to get rid of 4 players we should dump him for a pick

11. Barkley

Barkley Member

I do not love Luther.

As a shooter for me he's better, no doubt, but yes, Brooks can be better player generally. Luther can shoot and that's all. He cannot drive but the best thing is he won't be a pg anymore on the Rockets' team.

12. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I highly doubt that. Productive NBA role-players traditionally break out in their third year.

13. javashot

javashot Member

14. hooroo

hooroo Member

Next year there is no Francis, Bonzi, & Snyder. Brooks is still unproven.

Head has another year on his rookie contract the type of contract the Rockets will find useful because of their cap situation.

15. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

I don't think you know what you're saying.

16. texanskan

I am sick of Luther's 5 second calls when he is trying to throw the ball in or watching him run around like a chicken with it's head cut off when he switches on D.

17. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

...if they get the chance. I see Head on the active roster, but he is in a bad spot for consistent minutes.

Bonzi probably knows the offense better than any other player at this point. Tracy McGrady plays SG. Battier is almost as good a shooter and has more size for defense. Those three should account for most of the minutes at the 2 and 3. If Bonzi goes headcase again, Head has a shot.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Not only will Head thrive in this offense but he is our deadliest shooter from the 3. Battier's role on offense has changed. Also keep in mind the chances of us resigning Bonzi and Francis not opting out next year are slim. Especially if they excel. Head is insurance.

19. darnbni99a

darnbni99a Member

we should keep him..imo. he will explode this season

20. Mehdi

Mehdi Rookie

keep luther stop this insanity!