1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Jameer Nelson for JLin or PBev?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DOLPHIN2k2, Nov 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

No...just no.

2. DOLPHIN2k2

DOLPHIN2k2 Member

To your points:

Trading for JN would have him here as backup to PBev. I think even at this point, most people would say that JN is better than AB. And JN is only guaranteed 2 mm after this year which would definitely help with the cap.

I never said that there would be 15 mm hit to the cap room, in fact, I specifically mention that the cap hit was only 8 mm.

As I have said before, the first chinese link mention the trade specifically. You can use google translate to confirm. The second link shows that ORL is trying to trade away JN which lends support to the trade scenario the first link described.

If Morey is trying to clear enough cap for for a star PF and everyone thinks that JLin's contract is hard to move, does Morey have other options?

3. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

if dumb was dirt...

4. DOLPHIN2k2

DOLPHIN2k2 Member

are you only capable of making inane comments? Most people on this thread at least tried to make a counter argument.

5. rogower

rogower Member

Agreed. Nobody is going to give up a first round pick for Jameer Nelson. Maybe Orlando gets a second round pick for Nelson.

A grand total of zero teams would pick up the 2014-15 option on Nelson's contract. 100% chance Nelson is bought out after the season and hits free agency.

Orlando is rebuilding, so why would they want to acquire Jeremy Lin? Orlando has even less interest in a Lin-Nelson swap than Houston does! The most likely Lin trade partners remain Milwaukee and Utah.

6. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Both sources are terrible.

7. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

no but i think several posters here have tried to explain to you why this is a horrible/unrealistic idea and yet you continue on like a redheaded stepchild who's never met the end of a boot

8. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

nelson is good. getting up there at 31. one year with him could do the rockets some good in how to use howard, but they don't seem to have trouble with that.

just keep the team as is

9. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

Where is "Time to sell high on Lin" Thread?

10. rocketblood713

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

LOL and I'm sure Miami would like to trade us Oden for Dwight, and OKC would like to trade us Jeremy Lamb for Harden.

12. DOLPHIN2k2

DOLPHIN2k2 Member

So far I have made a conter-argument to everything pointed out. Remember while the big free agency signing happens after the 2014 season, teams may be more willing to move the players going into free agency if they don't they they can retain them. This adds urgency for HOU to free up cap space for next year in hopes of getting LMA or KLove type player before free agency hits.

Many people agree that JLin's contract is hard to move so can you tell me what better option there are available to Morey? Are you expecting Morey to pull a straight up trade of LMA or KLove for JLin?

13. conquistador#11

unless phrenchie or Cp3 become available, ain't no way Lex is going to approve that sort of a trade.

If a couple of preseason games where teams aren't going 100% are good for eye exams, in three regular season games, Lin is one of the most efficient scorers from the pg spot. 17 pts on 10 shots.

even fatty melt felton is throwing up 13 shots. Dragic throws up 15. I think the howard and Harden superstar effect is giving lin an extra 1.7 trips to the ft line.

Lin's actual pg skills look a little shaky right now,pin point passes are sailing on him, throwing into triple coverage, can't read the blitz causing a couple of sack fumbles.

14. Omron

Omron Member

The mindset of a GM in a year where they can compete for a championship is to stack up, even overpay on talent to win it all. Trading either Lin or Bev for Jameer doesn't sound like a move to go deep into the playoffs.

15. dragician

dragician Member

16. DOLPHIN2k2

DOLPHIN2k2 Member

I don't think JLin would be on the bench if Lex really had any say in how Morey or the coach works.

Beside, you can't think of it as a JN for JLin trade. It is a JLin and Asik for a KLove of LMA type of player trade. JN is just a catalyst since he is only guaranteed 2 mm next year. How many on this forum would say no to JLin and Asik for KLove or LMA? Isn't this what HOU is thinking all along? JLin and Asik are redundant now with PBev and DH, adding a a star PF would help the team out much more. At least that is what the main stream is thinking.

17. DOLPHIN2k2

DOLPHIN2k2 Member

I agree, but I honestly don't think the org realistically think that they can will it all this year. Probably 2nd or 3rd round. They think that a star PF is needed for a championship and trying to bang out a deal last minute for a star PF next year would derive even less value since everyone know HOU will be desperate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.