1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Ideas Involving the 3rd Pick Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HealthyHamstring, May 12, 2024.

1. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Deni Avdija for the 3rd pick, and Brooks

2. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

3. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

I don't understand this tweet. The Hawks are sending us Trae and the first overall pick? Or are they trading Trae elsewhere, and also trading 1st overall for the #3 + other assets in a separate transaction?

Y2JT and Rudyc281 like this.
  4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

We're giving them Jalen to sweeten the deal. Just to be a fair organization

prs325 and Rudyc281 like this.
  5. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Also
    dont do that

HD729, jb86 and saleem like this.
  6. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

They are saying that they trade him somewhere opening up a spot for Reed - someone they really want. And since they get the guy they really want, it won’t cost us that much to swap picks. They get Reed with #3. We get Sarr for a relatively low price.

I don’t think it’s all going down like that but that’s their thought

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

3 and 44 for Jalen Johnson.

Plowman likes this.
  8. lpbman

lpbman Member

I have really talked myself into trading down with Portland.

Not for Brogdon like the Youtuber guy wants, but Thybulle. I would probably do it for a Tate #3-Thybulle #7 swap, but I'd be hesitant and really want a little more. Don't think we get 14 out of them unless the trade picture expands into other things.... but I bet we could get Thybulle #34 and #40 for #3 Tate and #44. I like moving up in the second round and getting two swings. Bronny James, Karaban, Cam Christie have all caught my eye in the second, but someone could fall out of the first round for a dumb reason and I like our recent history of getting value outside of the lottery.

I love the idea of being able to have constant pressure on defense without wearing guys out more that I fear missing out on our guy at 7. I think Sheppard is the only guy to get "big" minutes from us next year and by that I mean I think he takes Aaron Holiday's spot around January. Nice, but not revolutionary. He could still be there at 7... or Risacher, Topic, maybe we like Clingan or Edey, Dillingham or Castle is our consolation prize, who knows. But I do know I like Thybulle and we can afford to gamble at pick 7.

Another thought is that Detroit fans have no faith in Ivey, don't know if the front office feels the same, but picking him up and only dropping to 5 sounds like a good deal. I don't think you can come to any conclusions about Pistons players with that awful coaching staff.

9. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Just say no to Trae.

mikol13 and MystikArkitect like this.
  10. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I'm coming around to the idea of making a deal with the Spurs where we end up with 4 and 8. I think those two picks, weirdly, might be really valuable because you could have a number of teams willing to overpay for a center in Clingan/Edey at either spot. Portland's probably going for a center at 7, so if someone wants Clingan, they need to get in front. I expect Edey to got 8-12, so that pick would be right there and ready to grab some assets.

If not, just pick whoever is left of Sare, Ricochet, Muggsy Bogues, or Tropic and get Zach with 8.

11. sydmill

sydmill Member

Having read rumors that Utah wants Sheppard (who'd have thunk Utah wants the white guy?) I'm again proposing Keyonte George + 10 for pick 3.

With any Portland deal id want Rayan Rupert. Think he'd be a nice backup 2 in the mold of a Tashaun Prince. Maybe 7+34+Rupert for 3? Maybe swap Brooks for Brogdon in a bigger deal?

12. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

You almost have to improve Brooks in any deal cuz the minutes are already sparse unless injuries happen that’s why I include Brooks in my trade proposal for Avdija because he’s not goin to want to come to a lesser role

13. Evans32

Evans32 Member

3 Team trade with the Rockets, Pels and Cavs!

Rockets: Garland, Levert, Nance Jr

Pelicans: FVV, Jarrett Allen, Tari, ‘24 BKN Pick

Cavs: Ingram, Valanciunas, Amen, Landale, Tate

Would love the trade especially if we can get Brogdon too!

Garland/ Brogdon
    Green/Levert
    Brooks/Cam
    Smith Jr/ Green/ Nance JR
    Sengun/ Adams

#253 Evans32, May 18, 2024
    Last edited: May 18, 2024
  14. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Jalen+Tate+Uncle Jeff+2025 FRP top 4 protected conveys to 2027 top 2 protected if not conveyed for Mitchell

Shepp at 3.

Sengun/Adams/Landale
    Smith/Eason
    Brooks/Cam
    Mitchell/Shepp
    FVV/Amen

15. jnuge90

jnuge90 Member

No thanks

Little Bit, saleem and MadMax94$ like this.
  16. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’m sure they’d have no problem giving him up.

17. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I don’t think that Mitchell can sign the extension right away. I think he has to wait till the off-season or it’s in his financial interest to wait so whenever the trade package it’s not gonna be as heavy as most people would think.

18. Bo6

Bo6 Member

god damn these trade proposals are horrific. just take a player at #3

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

20. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

#3, Amen, Tari, VanVleet and filler for basically Garland is pretty rough. And I like Garland.

Rudyc281, ArtV, mikol13 and 1 other person like this.