1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!
  1. HardenVolumeOne

How do you feel knowing Yao is only in the Basketball Hall of Fame because of his contributions he brought to the nba from China and not his actual basketball career. Same for mcgrady, probably the two most undeserving hall of famers I can think of and they both donned rockets red. Harden, Moses, Elvin Hayes, and Hakeem are legit all-time great players by every advanced metric and should deserve their place in the hall

tycoonchip likes this.
  2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I just find it laughable that 99ers act like they are the best fans ever when they celebrate trading one of the greatest player ever to grace our franchise like he was just another replaceable role player. The cognitive dissonance is 2 great, fans celebrating our drop to mediocrity or sht. But hey we still got the 2 rings from 25 years ago.

3. HardenVolumeOne

I don’t have any way of proving this, but to a lot of 99ers harden got way too good too fast. And as much as they try and crap on harden only fans. A lot of these 99ers are sneaky Hakeem only fans and had harden retired a rocket he likely would have ended up as the rockets all-time leader in career win shares, vorp and ended up as the all time rockets leader in career points. Why else would a bunch of 99ers want the best nba player since Hakeem traded. He was a threat maybe not to win championships with the era of the superteams around but harden was on a historic pace to catch a lot of hakeems advanced metrics in literally a fraction of the time it took Hakeem to do it. And I got no hate for dream, as I’m Nigerian myself. I’m just saying a lot of these trade harden threads over the years were by posters who had ulterior motives when it came to james

rhee, D-rock and HP3 like this.
  4. Asian Sensation

Almost as ridiculous as your Harden is the wrong shade compared to Curry so that’s why the media hates him takes.

J.R. likes this.
  5. vator

vator Contributing Member

I could argue that Dream was the best to ever do it when factoring in both offensive and defensive impact on the game.

Would’ve helped had he had a roster similar to his peers like Lebron or Steph. A prime Wade or Bosh, a prime Kyrie, a prime Klay and KD. Had that for one year with a very good CP3 and CP3’s hamstring popped on the cusp of changing the whole narrative. You need at least one other great player or multiple all star level players on your team to win a championship. That’s a fact.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nobody here understands the impact of clutch city on the city of Houston .

That’s because the number of Houston originals and current Houston area fans are low.

you know you can drop Gallery Furniture and Timmy Chan’s references and everyone knew

they don’t understand the oilers and Astros of yesterday
    They don’t understand watching the rockets for free on 20 vision

Clutch city and Dream were biblical events in Houston history

vator, Madmanmetz and jayfree like this.
  7. vator

vator Contributing Member

Richmond Avenue.

I literally prayed to God that we would win that first title.

I cried real tears when the Oilers lost to the Bills.

Madmanmetz and tinman like this.
  8. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

I haven't seen you post much since the trade, I wonder why lmaooo.

9. jayfree

jayfree Member

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand done! I finally read all of the posts on this thread. Only took me 3 years, 8 months and 8 days

clos4life and mikenm268 like this.
  10. s3ts

s3ts Member

You can't just qualify you think he's only amazing during the regular season to make it seem like you don't hate Harden. I think the amount of effort you take here to diss him is proof that you don't like him as a player.

Aside from your reason for disliking Harden, its just not true that Harden isn't good during the playoffs. Hes at least very good player in the playoffs. Yao + TMac couldn't do what Harden did in the playoffs, thats a worthy feat. He's better than Steph in the playoffs. You want chokes? Doesn't get better than 73 win season and losing to Lebron in the Finals, crying and begging to get KD so you have a shot before your career is over.

If Harden is a great player, you want to keep him. If championships are all you care about, maybe its time you buy a Lakers jersey.

11. riko

riko Member

Rockets got screwed it’s that simple. Four late firsts and a Dipo who can’t shoot or stay healthy for a top 2 or three offensively gifted genius and a top 5 player is terrible

Invisible Fan and D-rock like this.
  12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

good times, good times

D-rock likes this.
  13. HardenVolumeOne

The same guy who created this thread and the harden plays no defense thread, just said he is pissed harden quit on the rockets lol. Bruh make up your mind

D-rock and clos4life like this.
  14. Asian Sensation

Why don’t you go give him a leg massage. Maybe he’ll feel better and play game 5.

15. HardenVolumeOne

You are hate harden because he holds pretty much every offensive record in rockets history besides total points scored lol

clos4life likes this.
  16. HardenVolumeOne

Any young player we get that puts up insane numbers unless they are euro will be hated on this forum. If porter jr gets more dominant and starts putting up huge numbers watch how this forum flips on him.

clos4life likes this.
  17. DonatelloLimestone

Look yea harden had some stats or whatever and that step back thing, he was cool. but bad energy and not to mention he went out at night, thats not normal for a highly successful young guy in professional sports...we don't want that culture

I don't get all the negativity, glass is always full, even iwth our replacements of harden we got some gem and don't be negative and say if walls knee was just a few inches to the left then we would've won this game. Thats positive fandom

ApacheWarrior and topfive like this.
  18. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Some of us can appreciate both the greatness of Olajuwon and Harden.

19. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

20. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

i only read the last page so am not sure if you missed part of the quote.

but it’s a pet peeve of mine to quote someone, the say “they just said x” only to have the quote not say that at all. Now where in the quote does he say he was pissed Harden left us. Maybe it was elsewhere in his post?