1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

In this era of superteams where only teams with 3 or more all-stars have won a championship. Morey has failed to deliver year after year, at the very best we only had 2 all-star level players and it was last year and when Dwight was still healthy. It's not happening again unless there is a team out there that wants to tank and would take our 4 1st rounders since we're salary capped after paying big money to CP3 and Capela.

2. Asian Sensation

Perhaps you should’ve posed the original question below as ‘can’ instead of ‘could have’ if you were specifically referring to active players only.

Nobody is going to argue your above statement. Not even Lebron could do it by himself so obviously nobody is going to think Harden can or expects him to.

3. rocks123

rocks123 Member

rocket was lucky to have harden. we have a legit superstar that can still bring us to the play off despite lack of depth, chemistry issues and injuries on our team. the weight he has to carry on his shoulder to keep our team afloat is enough to make any all star scream TRADE ME TO A BETTER TEAM or i want to join lebron to the lakers. and yet you dont hear that from harden. NO TRADE RUMORS WHATSOEVER.

Von Rafer, Reeko, HP3 and 2 others like this.
  4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

so you basically b****ing and whining about something impossible

5. Asian Sensation

I b****ed and whined about Harden not being able to deliver a Championship by himself? When? Where?

6. Chamillionaire

Y'all gotta be kidding.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I guess the OKC T. failed to do so as well. They had some borderline allstars with Ibaka.

8. vlaurelio

they should have kept hargod and got rid of statpadder or borderline all star ibaka

9. 444-red center

How bout keeping Harden , My vote trade Clint C. . My opinion , over paid , 90 mill for a rebounder ,

10. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Lmao that doesn’t rebound.

11. HP3

HP3 Member

He's not the only piece, we have Gordon, Capela and Tucker. He's not alone out there and you can believe what you want about CP, as long he's ready for the playoffs it doesnt matter what happens in the regulars season. Harden is also a great playmaker, he's a MVP and hes gonna do MVP things like he has been. No one is going for a rebuild, stop it.l

12. HP3

HP3 Member

I believe Harden outside of Lebron had the best advanced stats last year. But yea I agree as long as we have our big three healthy and some extra good role players,we can win.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It's no open secret that Harden plays his best when he is all alone with no allstars.

He plays his 2nd best with a HOF PG like CP3 although an aging one.

The reason why he does not want out is he knows he can be effective here, more so than on a super team where he does not get as much touches.

Depending on where he goes, a championship would not even be automatic and he loses his touches regardless.

Even KD cannot choose to be the absolute Number 1 option when he left OKC.

#1493 daywalker02, Dec 25, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
  14. vlaurelio

LOL now harden is now a selfish ball hog statpadder

poor harden just like WB

doesn't matter he was MVP last year playing with a an elite PG

15%er acting like Harden replacing Curry or KD won't lead GSW to chip

saleem likes this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

still dying of laughter at these Harden trade proposals...”so many interesting options”...lmfao

16. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

It's funny to see these 'Trade Harden' posts.

Not very many players are loyal to their 'superstars'. So trade Harden for what? A lesser player that will also just ditch us in 3 years?

17. Asian Sensation

My proposals you find so amusing and always quote could’ve been:

Russell or Randle + Jayson Tatum.

CJ McCollum or Lillard + Donovan Mitchell + John Collins or Kyle Kuzma + future first.

Ben Simmons + Jayson Tatum

Buddy Hield + WCS + Dennis Smith Jr + Donovan Mitchell

“So many interesting options.” Yes indeed.

You gloat and quote me as if Harden delivered a Championship since this thread was made. Believe it or not I too am a Harden fan but some of you homer ****s remind me of annoying Kobe fans the way you guys ride Hardens sac.

18. CALI_MOST_WANTD

CP3 is the problem not Harden

daywalker02 likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I never understood how you could ridicule a person because of your favorite player is Guy X.

These 'homers' take things way too personal.

It's not that this guy is a family member of Harden or another superstar. NBA is a business, random trade proposals should be made.

In addition I never cussed out others because I luved Yao as a player. Or in the name of Hakeem.

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

lmfao, congrats on making 1 of the dumbest threads of all times fool

Von Rafer likes this.