1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Harden for Paul George!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheMountainTop, May 5, 2016.

1. illwil29

illwil29 Member

People keep putting up stats of Harden which are great, but what good is 29 when you gave up 25 to the likes of a pj tucker. The reason I like Paul George is because he can rise over anyone and shoot over them. He can dunk on people. Basically he can jump out of the building. Oh yeah he plays d. Look if Harden can play d and play off the ball a little more perfect. Will his ego let him do that. I don't know

2. Rocketeer4Life

I would trade anyone in the Rockets for Paul George. But initially, ill offer Harden and Brewer for George!

3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

No surprise you posted another weak rebuttal. You post better when propping Harden isn't your focus.

4. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

That was harsh considering what I posted wasn't meant to be a rebuttal, just an observation, lol. Did I hit a nerve?

5. Houstunna

Supporting Member

The obvious point you missed was, Dream earned his fanbase... just as Harden has.

Any true Rocket fan wants Beard to succeed, it's just so easy to knock him.

Until/If Harden gets his act together, never compare him to Olajuwon as if they're even near equal or similar.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

If the other Rockets could hit simple shots Harden would average over 10 asst a game. Far too often he gets the ball to an open teammate on to have it clank in to a fast break. most of his turnovers are trying to get his teammates involved. He is not being stripped. . he is passing
    his ability to be coached has never been questioned. but what coach.
    I remember MChale complaining about Harden not running his plays . . .Brooks tooo . . .and JBB and his Coach in Arizona. . . .wait NO I HAVE NOT . . .so your question his ability to be coach based on no input from anyone that actually coached him seems silly and just hatred laced.
    HArden fills a stat sheet. IF you wanna say one dimentions . .then you must mean there are only 2 dimenstions Offense and Defense . . . otherwise it is put hyperbola and not based in reality

before I throw the book at Harden I need to surround him with better players.

We are streaky three point shooting team at best
    No one cuts to the basket worth a damn
    Team Defense is problematic even when Harden is not in the game

Put the best engine in a car with no wheels. . . . I doubt the engine will look good.

Harden has a whole bunch of flaws but d*mn . .. . he is NOT *THE* Problem on this team.

Rocket River

7. RocketsFan0

RocketsFan0 Member

man what are you smoking..

8. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Most of my post was a joke :) I'm just saying we actually had a thread discussing Hakeem to Harden??!?! Lol, and you're right on the heart part, I just think a trade involving Harden should grant you more than George.

1 person likes this.
  9. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Like the only sentence between Harden and Hakeem is that they both were/are Rockets. :)

10. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yes, I'd like to see new coach before throwing towel in, because team USA he seems to do alright (I mean obviously he doesn't need to be mature/leader), but I'm hoping the experience helps, and with new coach he heads that way.

11. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Lets make something clear I'm still a good poster it's just that you don't agree with me. I defend harden because I have the ability to recognize that he plays the way he plays because the fo gives him no choice. No real system no coaching no help bad fans, I would be disheartened too. If you think all rockets fans on c.f. want Harden to succeed you haven't been reading the posts here. Harden is not better than Harlem but he's a famed good player who is early in his career. No superstar including Hakeem won by himself. The fact that you all expect harden to is insane.

1 person likes this.
  12. caneks

caneks Rookie

No, the best option should be for good draft picks.

13. Houstunna

Supporting Member

No player should be expected to do everything.

My point is, no leader would do what he does on defense.

Rockets would be better off sacrificing some offense for defense.

Better defense leads to more offense.

I just can't understand how a grown man could play like he does.

Regarding the bolded... Harden came into the season out of shape. This was BEFORE he had any chance to be disheartened. Poor leadership before the first tipoff.

Regarding your being a good poster, I said that because of how you blindly defend him. The "Hakeem had better fans" response was beyond silly... unless you're too young to have really experienced him. And it's okay if you are.

#73 Houstunna, May 5, 2016
    Last edited: May 6, 2016
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Arenas was not that good, and he was not good for a very long time

Zero2Hero thing lasted only a couple of years, given that he was taken in the 2nd round (I think it was not that bad)

try another comparison though

15. Harden's beard

The best season record for the Wizards while Arenas was the leader of the team is 45-37. In four years during Arenas' prime, his team went 25-57, 45-37, 42-40 and 41-41. Harden's worst season record as a Rockets almost matches Arenas' best season record as a Wizard. The highest Arenas got in the MVP voting is 8th. Never was selected for All NBA first team during his entire career.

Arenas' career eFG is 48% and TS is 54.7%

Harden's career eFG is 51.7% and TS is 60.5%

Arenas was at best neutral player, if not net negative, with exact same offensive and defensive rating (109 each), unlike Harden whose offensive contribution far outweighs whatever defensive issues he has.

I think it's safe to say The Beard is a much superior player than Agent Zero.

16. Harden's beard

Harden is still 4th best scorer when you take away all of his free throws and other players'.

PPG - FTM

Curry 25.5
    Durant 22
    Lebron 20.6
    Harden 20.2
    Cousins 19.6
    Lillard 19.6
    A. Davis 19.0
    Westbrook 17.7
    P.George 17.5
    Derozan 16.4

among top 10 scorers in the league, Harden had 4th highest eFG% at 51.2%, which is the most accurate measure of shooting efficiency as opposed to conventional FG%.

Harden's career 3PT% is 36.8%. That is better than Paul George's career % and is almost identical to Lillard's career 3PT% which is at 37%, and both of those players are considered pretty good 3 point shooters.

Harden had better percentage around the rim than Westbrook this season.

He is very good or above average in three areas where one can score most efficiently on the basketballs court, which is around the rim (drive to the basket), at the free throw line (drawing fouls), and of course above the 3PT line. Harden is a pretty good passer (but also turnover prone, to be precise) and decent playmaker for a 2-guard. His mid range game has improved drastically over the years and his step back J is deadly.

Harden is as complete an offensive players as they come, which is why he is so good despite his other weaknesses.

17. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

No need for PG when Vogue-L is going to come here and turn Harden into a two way player! :grin: