1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Harden for Paul George!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheMountainTop, May 5, 2016.

1. chandlerbang21

George cant do that all and is better defender/shooter

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

You would say it, and you wouldn't be able to cite anything to back it up - you would just be talking out of your ass like some talk radio doucehclown on a mobile from Conroe. I wonder what large chunks of guards could also score 29 ppg - precisely 0 is what we have currently.

Thanks for voicing your emotions on the matter though - we have not heard them enough yet.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

a simple extrapolation of data would suggest that a fair share of guards could average 7.5 assists on 4.8 topg.

4. SamFisher

And that not a single one of them could score 29 points a game while doing so.

5. fchowd0311

Moving the goal post?

6. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

I'm not even sure if Indiana would trade PG13 for Harden, even if we throw in a draft pick.

It's not that PG13 is more talented, but for Indiana, you know you're getting a 2 way player that can lead a team into the playoffs and can be a great 2nd star. With Harden, yu know his presence along should get any team into the playoffs, but you wonder if he will every be good enough as the #1 guy, and whether he could play 2nd fiddle.

It's a lot easier to find a good PG to match up with PG13 than it is a good PG that can play with Harden. And no, Harden is not a PG (although he plays that role on the Rockets), and I doubt Harden can run a team efficiently enough as a PG on a championship team.

I'd take PG13 over Harden any day, because it'll be a lot easier to put pieces around him or around him and another star, than it would be to build around Harden.

7. SamFisher

No - there's a difference between providing context and moving the goal posts. Any discussion of harden as an offensive player, that discounts the fact that he scored more points than any player in the NBA, on good efficiency, for the second year in a row is obviously not being done with the full context.

Not that many guys can average over 7 assists, like you think, btw, as shown by the fact that only about 1% or less of all NBA players do so.

8. fchowd0311

Like I said before, 99.6% of NBA players don't have the green light to break turnover records. If every NBA guard had that green light, you would see far more guards averaging more than 7 assists. Now add that green light to the green light Harden has to put forth little to no effort on defense you will see far more guards averaging these gawdy 25+ 7+ 5+ volume stats especially on 38 mpg.

Harden's 29 7.5 6 line is more a product of the green light he has and the **** offensive system the Rockets have in place and the lack of accountability on defense more so than some transcendent offensive talent. Give time two years and I'm quite confident my point will be proven.

#28 fchowd0311, May 5, 2016
    Last edited: May 5, 2016
  9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Watching fchowd0311 do his thing is one of the great gems of Clutchfans nowadays. Truly a sight to behold.

10. fchowd0311

Glad to oblige.

Maybe I could become an even greater poster if I practiced as much as you do with 17 posts per day.

11. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

This clown again.

SMH, every damn thread.

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

There's no way Indiana would do it IMO. PG13 just had an excellent playoff series though they lost.

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Basically you admiting that if we had George this season with the same cast and the same coach . . there would be no difference

In order for George to be successful you have to bring in some big name HELP

Why not simply bring in the help for Harden?

Sorry but you proposal is an indictment of how lacking George is . . . and how poor the Rockets are currently constructed around Harden

Rocket River

14. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Maybe they could if they conserved energy on defense

Problem is, if the leader slacks on that end, so will everyone else.

#defensewinschampionships

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. SamFisher

If they could, then they should - every team tries to save/hide their best offensive players on D.

Even your beloved Pacers- Paul George usually draws one of the weaker wings other than maybe at end of games.

17. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

So you keep Brewer and Dwight two of our worst players this year because you simply don't like Harden? I mean brewer? Really? You're suggesting one of the worst shooter in the NBA be a full time starter? Really? We might as well bring Ryan Bowen our of retirement atleast he can play defense and doesn't try to score too much.

18. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

trade op for a double bacon cheeseburger with fries and large soda

19. lionaire

lionaire Member

Here's another ridiculous idea: Start Brewer!!!!!!

20. Drogba

Drogba Member

This is hands down the worst thread on here I've seen in quite some time.