1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Trade Francis & his boys for the #1 and something

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by man532, Apr 12, 2003.

1. spiral

spiral Member

if you guys really want to trade francis, the best scenario would be if detroit ended up with the number 2 pick since they get memphis lottery pick if its not number one.

C Yao
    SF Carmelo Anthony
    PF Eddie Griffin
    SG Jon Barry
    PG Chauncey Billups

Detroit trades jon barry, chauncey billups, and number 2 pick which rockets use on carmelo anthony. yeah, i'm dreaming.
    it'll never happen. but it's nice to dream isn't it?

obvious reasons for the trade:

billups is the same size pg as francis, and he's a clutch player. you must have seen him hit countless three pointers at the buzzer this year.

jon barry is one of the barry brothers with the shooting touch from outside, nice option to have at shooting guard to either back up mobley or start in front of mobley.

carmelo anthony is just amazing and would be the perfect small forward for the rockets. unless darko milicic is really as good as people say. plus michael jordan said something about how carmelo reminds him of scottie pippen. sort of a point-forward type of player. other people compare him to glenn robinson.

the only way this trade happens is if detroit's gm smokes as much marajuana as eddie griffin does though.

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Jake Voskhul is a local kid.

I'll take him on the Rockets. Infact, next year, lets trade Steve for whoever owns the right to T.J. Ford next year. And Get rid of Eddie Griffin and Cuttino Mobley for Rashard Lewis, and Trade Eric Piatkowski for the rights to Emaka Okafor.

See we signed Piatkowski for the MLE. or something like that. He signed one in the 2003 year.

And Clyde comes out of retirement to play for the locals.

An all Houston Team.

Yeah, I know this post has nothing to do with the thread, but look at the thread title. Come on now. How many times have wee seen this?

3. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

4. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I would trade any Rocket player for Lebron. That is fricken obvious, he is goign to be a superstar!
    Yao...in a heart beat.

5. RocketFan85

RocketFan85 Member

If the Rockets offered Francis for LeBron most teams would do the trade. LeBron is a High School senior who has proven nothing in the NBA.

6. Cipherous

Cipherous Contributing Member

Francis is probably playing at his peak right now. The new zone rules messed up his 1 on 1 game and now he knows nothing about team ball. On the other hand, I think Lebron is gonna be awesome. Hell, I'd trade Ming for Lebron if given the chance. I think hes gonna be that good.