1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Francis & his boys for the #1 and something

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by man532, Apr 12, 2003.

1. man532

man532 Member

I would trade Steve Francis in a heartbeat for LeBron James. No question about it. The kid is the next coming of Magic with a better jump shot. Imagine him and Yao playing for a coach that knows something about X's and O's.

Trade:
    Houston: Steve, Cat, Moochie, and Eddie

Cleveland: LeBron and Ricky Davis, which will give us a larger backcourt to create a mismatch everynight.

Why make the trade, we will not get better with the current coaching and player situation. We have watched as this team continues to be at the bottom of the assist ladder. Too many me 1st players.

2. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

By chance, did you know there was such a thing as the Collective Bargaining Agreement? Are you at all familiar with the term Base Year Contract? FYI, on July 1st, Steve Francis will become a BYC player and will be next to impossible to trade for 1 year. Sorry...you'll just have to find the board for whatever team drafts LeBron...:D

3. story_teller

story_teller Member

Well, I guess I'm the only (or first) fish that's going to take the bait known as this worthless thread/post. I really don't want to get into your absurd trade proposal as much as I want to disect your logic: First of all, when did Eddie Griffin become a "me 1st player?" Secondly, Ricky Davis...why does that name sound familiar? Ahh - this is the same Ricky Davis that clanged/shot a ball @ the opposing team's basket -- in a game the Cavs had well in hand no less -- in an attempt to record his first career triple-dip, right?

Okay, your trade makes PERFECT sense then. Lets trade what you consider me 1st players for another me 1st player and an unproven, great HS player. More youth/unproven talent/ potential and a lack of basketball smarts is EXACTLY what this team needs right now. *lol*

You my friend are wasting your talent on this message board and should really look into being CD's right-hand man!

4. story_teller

story_teller Member

Sorry, GATER, I guess I'm the second. *lol*

5. rocketsball2003

lol... its so funny when someone talks about lebron, a high
    school kid thats plays against other highschool kids half his size... sure he can shoot over the 5 foot 6 inch guys and pass to his teammates against other highschool kids but when he gets his first "welcome to the league rook" all those highschool days will be a long lost memory.

personaly i think darko will make a bigger impact(for the first year for sure) than lebron because he is younger and has been playing with men for 4 years...

hmmm someone playing against high schoolers? or someone thats been playing against men as strong as him??? hmm i guess ill take the 12 year old thats already 6'8", im sure he puts up 40 a game for his team:rolleyes:

6. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

A few of the teams he has faced such as Oak Hill, is better than some D-1 teams.

7. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

man im kida leaning that way too, just go ahead and trade Francis and his whole get fresh crew.

8. topfive

topfive CF OG

Correction:

LeBron's jumper sucks. It's the only part of his game that the scouts are at all concerned about. In high school, he didn't need it, because he was able to drive pretty much at will. In the pros, he's going to have to learn to hit that puppy consistently.

Magic, on the other hand, had a very good jump shot. Not flawless, but certainly good enough to keep defenses honest.

Where the hell did you get your info from, man532?

9. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

Trading mobley? for Ricky Davis? why would we trade one piece of crap for another bigger one?

10. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Once LeBron gets to the NBA it will be a lot better. His form isn't really that good right now. He will get the proper coaching in the NBA.

11. rocketsball2003

yeah the D-1 teams that have had 100 years worth of losing seasons... besides your comparing private highschools(basicaly college stlye recruiting) to shcools that care more about school grades than basketball

12. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

What?

13. rocketsball2003

"say what one more time!" quote from samuel l jackson;)

14. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Since Cleveland is well under the cap (I think) they should be able to take in all of that salary. BYC just means we have to get back less (I think it is 25%, not positive) than his contract is worth. In trading with teams that are over the cap, that is nearly impossible, with under the cap teams, it is easy.

As for the trade proposal, regardless of feasibility, it sucks. Why don't we trade Yao Ming for Jake Voskhul while we are at it? :rolleyes:

15. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

Why would any team trade away the right to draft Lebron James for Francis? Lebron has an upside as great as Kobes while Francis' upside is just what it is now. Only if the deal involved Yao (instead of Francis) would any team even give it a thought.

16. T-man

T-man Member

Fegwu, Don't kid yourself. Nobody is going to trade Lebron for Yao. If they need a center, they could just trade with the number 2 team and pick up a couple of extra's and draft Darko, a younger, way more athletic center than Yao. Just hypothetical, Nobody will pass on Lebron anyways. This is the first real lottery since Duncan, and before that Shaq. You are truly hitting the jackpot this year and every team knows this.

17. rocketsball2003

i think darko will make a better PF than a center... i mean he wieghs about 240, plus he is more comfotable at the 4 and has been compared to KG at the age of 18

mans is it me or it is crazy that darko is only 17 and will be 18 in june... lebron who???:p

18. RocketFan85

RocketFan85 Member

You would not have to trade that much for LeBron, you could get him for Francis staight up.

19. Juugie

Juugie Member

You couldn't get LeBron for Yao and Francis.

20. jello77

jello77 Contributing Member

maybe if you were trading with es"we love lebron"pn.

i wouldnt even trade francis for lebron. lebron is overhyped, and has not proven anything yet. ill wait and see until im convinced lebron is the next big thing.