1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade for Chris Bosh?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ganadocoog, Jun 9, 2013.

1. ganadocoog

ganadocoog New Member

If Miami loses the NBA finals there will be pressure to move one of the big three - the most likely being Chris Bosh. If we can't get Howard, what do you guys think about Omer Asik and Terrance Jones for Chris Bosh? I think Bosh's propensity for mid range jumpers would complement well with Harden's drive-to-the-basket style of play. He is also more athletic than Asik and would fit better in the Rocket's up tempo style. Harden, Bosh, and Parsons would be a pretty good 3 to work with.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Why? If the Rockers don't get Howard and trade Asik for Bosh, who plays center?

It would make more sense to consider such a trade if the Rockets do land Howard.

4. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

Agreed. How does Bosh for Lin + Asik sound? I actually don't think the Heat would turn that deal down. Maybe we even take back Norris Cole as a backup PG.

5. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

This. Getting Bosh would be great after a miraculous Howard signing.
    But why would Miami do it? They wouldn't help propel another Big 3 team.

6. rhino17

rhino17 Member

7. mirdirir

mirdirir Member

make it greg smith+ dmo + asik for bosh and play super-small ball. Nobody would catch our tempo and we drain 3's all day long.

8. pwnyxpress

IF they lose in the Finals this yr, Bosh would be a large reason why. He's kinda soft and not what they need in the paint (when he's even in there). Bosh might not be seen as a real part of the Big 3 much longer if he keeps declining like he has been over the last 3 seasons. Asik would do better for the Heat, and having Lin would be aight at the point, maybe as a 6th man as I think Chalmers still better on the floor w/ both Wade and LBJ. Long shot but maybe I'm just too excited to see why it is improbable :p

But then that just makes me wonder, do we even want a declining Bosh at almost $20M on the wrong side of 30?

9. pwnyxpress

Not enough money to make the trade happen. Bosh's K is like $19M.

10. Whoopy

Whoopy Member

He's soft like butter.

11. ThatsMeJV

ThatsMeJV Member

Um not No but Hell to the Naw, Bosh has faded into the background in Miami and went missing in the playoffs why would we want to trade for him. We need to use our cap space and sign Howard or CP3, or just wait it out another year and see who becomes available.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

If we want a 6'11 jump shooter, why not Novak or Ryan Anderson or Matt Bonner? :p

13. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

I agree with your first statement...

But Bosh will be a free agent next summer looking for possibly his last big contact and the Rockets probably wouldn't be able to afford him (if Howard is here) so we could end up with nothing.

14. pwnyxpress

You're assuming he uses his ETO after next season. If we do well, Bosh might not want to use it. He's already making quite a lot of bank even if he doesn't opt out, and there might not be a market for him making more, esp. w/ the more restrictive cba.

Only reason people thought he'd exercise it w/ the Heat is because the Heat are in luxury tax, and will/have been for so long that it has become too expensive to keep the Big 3. That means they will trade Bosh most likely. He'd rather opt out then, some believe.

But if he's with us, we'd still be under the luxury tax so we can afford to keep him on his currently large salary. If we're good, why opt out?

More I think about it though, more I don't want to do this trade for Bosh. He's declined quite a bit and his salary/age are rather onerous.

15. jacoby

jacoby Member

Asik's value to the team is much higher than Bosh's value would be. Asik is our only defender and his rebounding rate while on the court is unmatched and can only be replaced by Dwight.

16. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Do we really want to help the Heat mend their only weakness?

17. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

You don't think like that to improve your team.

And I only agree with this trade if we get Dwight.

18. trowa2

trowa2 Member

its the same reason we didnt need patterson.

19. edwardc

edwardc Member

WHY he is not worth trading for.

20. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

Have I been watching a different playoffs? The Bosh I've been seeing is VERY inconsistent, a non-factor on the glass, and was manhandled by the Pacers' bigs. Plus he'll be 30 next year. For the right price, then yes, but for what he's gonna ask for?

N O !