1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade for Butler: Internet rumor or possible deal?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by finalsbound, Jun 15, 2002.

1. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

A post on realgm.com:

trade kenny
    Scout

Posted: 2002-06-13 15:11
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    There are two main reason why caron is falling.

First,he wants to play for rockets.He has told his agent he doesnt mind falling to 10th,becuz the rockets have already laid the groundwork with riley to trade,kenny thomas + 15th for 10th.

Fine dont believe me.Thats why I love this board.I have legitimate info,and this post is time stamped to prove I have inside info..

Now,the two other reasons are this.

No team wants a player whose name sounds phonetically with Karon.

Next,no team wants to have to yell on the side lines in front of kids,"hea But guard this guy"

Plus the butt jokes will run rampant.

Karon "big" Butler

[ This Message was edited by: trade kenny on 2002-06-13 09:19 ]

Now, this could be bullcrap, but I saw the exact same trade on nbadraft.net forums a couple weeks ago. I can't get that because they don't archive their boards. And not only that, my friend (well, this guy I just met) said that's exactly what the Rockets are trying to do. [15 and Thomas to MIA for 10]. I can't say he's an insider, but I don't know.

I just posted this because...well, think about it! We come out of the draft dust with Yao Ming and Caron Butler! That is BEYOND a dream draft. It's probably too good to be true, but hey, we won the lottery, didn't we?

2. DearRock

DearRock Contributing Member

I do not know if there is anything to it since ROCKET!!! has not said so. ;) However, if we did do that trade then anyone of the SF's (Skita, Woods, Butler, Jefferies) will be great to get with Ming. And if none are available, I would take Stoudamire.

3. barbourdg

barbourdg Contributing Member

Butler to 10? I doubt he falls out of the top 5.

4. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

i'm pretty sure it is a rumor....he isn't going to fall that low....he is a high quality player that the top 2-7 teams need...

5. New Jack

New Jack Member

Well, a lot of the lottery teams seem to be looking for size rather then an undersized small forward so the possibility of him falling might not be that far off.

6. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Butler at #1 . . . Butler at #10 . . . AOL at $150 . . . AOL at $19 . . . Is this a great country or what.

7. Doc Rocket

Doc Rocket Contributing Member

In the other thread, I posted that my boy told me that KT wasn't going to be moved for reasons that I really shouldn't post BUT, I do know that I have yet to have a convo with any of my guys where Butler's name did NOT come up. They talk about him as much as MING!

Take it for what it's worth...

8. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So now we know why KT gets so much PT. He has dirty pictures of Rudy and CD.

;)

9. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I'm not really one to rain on anyone parade, but why would Riley want an undersized limited tweener when he's in dire need of a sf that might be availible with Woods or Jeffries?

10. New Jack

New Jack Member

Maybe he's really impressed with Nachbar and is looking to trade down and draft him. Kenny would make some sense for the team since it seems Riley is looking to trade Brian Grant.

11. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

Please forgive my ignorance, but I have never seen this Butler guy play before. How good is he?

12. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

Butler is a hard nose player who plays defense and can run with whoever. Adding him to your team would mean all star potential with consistantcy at the three spot.

Doc, how would the Rockets react if a team told them they would take Rice if Thomas was included.

And also if not the draft, is Thomas traded in a sign and trade for Lewis????

13. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

Would taking Ming over Butler be hard to decide, heck, it would be nice to have both

14. mfclark

mfclark Member

You can tell it's someone's wishful thinking just because of the obnoxious notes and other garbage at the end of that RealGM post. Not going to happen.

15. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

Let's trade Mobley for Butler.

16. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

From yesterday's ESPN Insider:
    <i>
    Caron Butler is confident that he won't slip past the Cavs, who draft at No. 6.

"If I'm still around at No. 6, I think they'll definitely take me," Butler told the Akron Beacon Journal. "That's the feeling I got."

The Cavs were a little tight lipped about the whole thing. "I think he had a very good workout," coach John Lucas said. "He shot very well and he handled the ball very well."
    </i>

That doesn't sound like Butler is planning to slide to #10.

17. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Butler is easily a top 8 pick...no way he will fall into double digits..

18. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

No offense finalsbound, but that guy is full of crap.

19. BubbaMac

BubbaMac Contributing Member

LAfadeaway33

I love the idea of trading Mobley for Butler but no team is that stupid.

20. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

I <b>SERIOUSLY</b> doubt Caron slides past Denver at #5.