1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade for Beal?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by James.B.H, Jan 27, 2021.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

2. vator

vator Contributing Member

It is well known that Miami has wanted Beal for quite some time. I don't think they help facilitate any trade involving Beal where he doesn't end up with the Heat.

Patience, fattz, Reeko and 4 others like this.
  3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That suggests tanking, which we are not going to do.

I'd take the 27 year old averaging 30+ points a game.

You can always trade him for more picks later If you want to.

Asset for asset, he is more valuable than what we have.

D-rock likes this.
  4. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Bradley Beal is not good enough to lead a team to the championship as the number 1. If we trade for him, he becomes our best players and we just spin our wheels for years. Why do ya'll want him? He's like half the player Harden is and we couldn't even win with Harden.

Start over and rebuild.

Denovo and sydmill like this.
  5. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

At 27 years old Bradley Beal is good and is getting better.

I would do a deal for him including Oladipo picks and we might have to give up some of our young guys.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  6. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

If the goal is to get a top 10 player, Beal is more helpful to that cause than the assets that we'd likely trade for him.

In fact, winning and rehabilitating a culture of winning under Silas would likely be a better way to get a top 10 talent than all of this tanking you guys want to do. (Which Tilman would never sign off on anyway...)

Again, James Harden for

Bradley Beal and 2 Brooklyn future 1sts is a freaking beautiful trade. If you can get in on the Wizards deal, you do it.

BamBam, D-rock and conquistador#11 like this.
  7. Fefo

Fefo Member

This trade seems like its been done by a 5 year old. You take all my rubish, and you help me give too, so i can get the player i want, wich all the league wants, and are actually willing to give stuff for him.

MrButtocks likes this.
  8. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

You have seen Tillman unwillingness to spend money. So how does Beal at over 30 million help us get another player. We need players on Rookie deals to win because of our owner.

D-rock likes this.
  9. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

The whole point in a rebuild is to tank and flip assets you already got for the best players possible. Buying high for Beal is a win now situation. We ain’t tryina win now. Let’s go for that 4th pick this year. We flip Oladipo for another 1st rounder and a young piece from Miami in March. Then flip Wall, Tucker, and Gordon for a few more FRP and prospects. BASICALLY: own all of the drafts and prospects for the next 3-4 years. Save Tillman some cash. Play our youngens... hopefully Johan Lucas rehabs KPJr. who can be Harden-esque potential. You got Mason Jones who can score 30-40 any given night. When the time comes, Tillman can shell out for a Big3 if we don’t already have one. Then Lebron will retire and the cup will be ripe for the taking. We’ll be deep as hell and set up for a dynasty. I like how patient Silas is. He paid his dues and learned from the best. Stone has vision and seems to understand buy low sell high concept. That is all.

HP3 likes this.
  10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Wall is good when he just attacks. Go man go.

D-rock likes this.
  11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

So when you get stops and layups you do better than when you shoot flat 3s over and over. Interesting. There's a lesson in here.

D-rock likes this.
  12. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Tilman has always had 2 Max contracts on his payroll. Beal would be one of those.

D-rock likes this.
  13. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

My point is I don't think he's a max player. If he is one of them we won't win. His defense is worse than Hardens and he's basically shoots every time.

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

I guess SOME defense is necessary.

That just makes me appreciate all the more of Harden's high scoring games. Most were W's.

RHU525 likes this.
  15. Karolik

Karolik Member

tank please! trade christian wood and wall

16. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

they do not have the draft picks as we do

17. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

But his value is not indicative of what you think. All that matters is his perceived value in NBA circles.

Beal currently has more value than every single asset on our roster.

18. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I disagree because only contenders with established stars would give up the farm for him. Most of those contenders have nothing left to trade. Because of other moves and we would just get back really crappy picks.

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I dont think he would be the #1 guy next year
    I think that would be Wood.

They would be a better version of Giannis and Middleton

Rocket River

D-rock likes this.
  20. TimDuncanDonaut

The opposite. By most accounts (including Beal's), it sounded like he was very much looking forward to playing with a returning healthy Wall in DC.

Wizards gm shook things up; they didn't have faith despite some of the workouts and Russ was at least available. Wizard gm robbed Beal the chance to reunite. This could end up costing the wizards.

FForward to today...season still early, and both guys are load managed. Right now Wall seems to be the better of the two.

Russ being there instead of Wall AND wizard having this losing record. The situation is making it easier for Beal to leave.

D-rock likes this.