1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Trade Deadline General Discussion

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by malakas, Jan 29, 2019.

?

Will Anthony Davis get traded by 7 February

1. Yes

24.3%
  2. No

75.7%
  1. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

They're going to rebuild. John Wall is no longer in their plans. He's burned mgmt and again, like everyone else, wants out. We missed our chance on Kelly O though.

But, Kyle O is available :)

hakeem94, don grahamleone and malakas like this.
  2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

You know what is funny....I was thinking last night, if the KNICKS don't get their top FA guys this summer, strike out....they COULD look to trade for Wall. Take his contract off the Wiz hands. We all talk about Wall's horrible contract, but there will be MANY teams with CAP ROOM that miss out on guys when the music stops.

That really seems like a KNICKS type of move.

ghettocheeze, hakeem94 and Mathloom like this.
  3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I feels ya. Beal feels that way. But Washington management, what will they do?

4. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Really enjoying the action/info on here with Cod this Super Bowl Sunday

For the record I believe Washington and Houston are destined to do a deal

whiskeyred likes this.
  5. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Nene was pretty great last night.

whiskeyred and Shark44 like this.
  6. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

He's been playing well in his limited minutes. Love a guy his size pressuring the ball, getting steals and then dishing an assist on FB. Vintage Nene last night!

Little Bit and Patience like this.
  7. Juxtaposed Jolt

Anyone think Cavs are going to trade Kevin Love away, before the deadline?

whiskeyred likes this.
  8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Report that the pelicans will ask the lakers for same offer they’ve already made plus one more pick.

Lol what a joke

whiskeyred likes this.
  9. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Good lord

10. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

If the Lakers are offering

Kuzma
    Ball
    Ingram
    Zubac
    KCP's expiring
    1 unprotected first rounder

for

Davis
    Unwanted filler (i.e. not Darius Miller)

Pelicans should take it immediately. Everyone is intent on screwing the Lakers out of this so no matter what is offered people will generally say it's garbage, it's a conspiracy, bla bla. Truth is Pelicans are hardly likely to get a better deal than that for 1.5 years of Davis (which is his true value to the other 28 teams).

That's 3-4 decent prospects under team control and a decent pick. If negotiating, they should ask for Rondo and Solomon Hill to be included on both sides. That would guarantee a ceiling on the Lakers and remove a terrible contract. Worth more than an additional pick as the Pelicans will essentially be rebuilt instantly if they just sit Holiday rest of the season.

Sucks for league and Pelicans, but they have to be realistic about this. If the Celtics are committing to a top pick and Tatum, that's the only thing worth waiting for. If they don't commit, I say pull the trigger.

I'm speaking here in the Pelicans' interest of course. For the Rockets, I hope the Pels let this drag out for a year.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They must heard of the 4 1st rounders.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Anyone want to listen & report back? Will send 'Like'. :)

hakeem94 and Vivi like this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

Zach Lowe doesn't get **** from executives or coaches around the league. Everything he reports concerning trades or rumors are things he hears from other reporters and journalists. He will report the gossip he hears (and it is usually accurate) but that is about it.

hakeem94, malakas and J.R. like this.
  14. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

With the way the Lakers have approached the Davis situation, it reminded me that the Lakers GM was James Harden's agent and Harden liked/likes him very much. Combined with how Cod mentioned Harden has been getting more frustrated, it makes me wonder if the Rockets understand they're playing with fire.

Harden isn't the type to give up mid season or to even go public with stuff like this. For whatever reason, he seems like the type who likes having his own city, his own team and going to war. But everyone breaks when they envision their career without a ring. Players are more optimistic than fans, but this doesn't look like a championship team. Surely he sees his arch nemesis Kawhi at the top of the standings, he sees Giannis competing for MVP and #1 seed, he sees the Lakers on the verge of acquiring Davis, and possibly KD/Irving teaming up in New York.

All I'm saying is, I hope we put a team around this guy good enough to not let his thoughts wander there. Can someone tell me I'm way off please.

EDIT: I know this is more of a GARM post, but I like the level headed crowd in this thread better. Posters who have eyes on other teams' development.

BigMaloe, hakeem94, BigShasta and 2 others like this.
  15. malakas

malakas Member

I am afraid to go to bed only to wake up and see half the league having changed teams.
    If AD gets traded, there should be a flurry of followup trades.
    Got to F5 all night tonight.

16. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I'm telling you right now, I doubt anything happens today. We still have 72+ hours til the trade deadline. Do yourself a favor and get some sleep! :)

BigMaloe, hakeem94, amaru and 2 others like this.
  17. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

Kelly O would've been crazy good with harden, Paul, and MDA.

Kyle O would be great! love his ability to rebound, block shots, and pass (his ast% is really high for a C).

with faried on board I wouldn't want to give up any assets to bring in Kyle though. "the drop" has been decreased enough not to warrant spending more assets there. at this point all we need is 2 more versatile 3&D forwards, and some health. if we can catch at least 1 #freebird (Matthews?) and pull off 1 smaller trade (j.green from Memphis?) we'd be set.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Pops just want him to stay close to the California home.

#78 J.R., Feb 4, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  19. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Knock Knock, who's There?

Four first round draft picks

And Chrissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

hakeem94 and BigShasta like this.
  20. malakas

malakas Member

Lowe said that Utah demanded a first from NY to absorb Lee. Lee is owed 2 years at 12.5 per.
    This gives a good indication on what Knight will cost. But ofc our 1sts and NYs 1sts are night and day difference in value.

Nook and Vivi like this.