1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Deadline General Discussion

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by malakas, Jan 29, 2019.

?

Will Anthony Davis get traded by 7 February

1. Yes

24.3%
  2. No

75.7%
  1. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

Keep an eye on OKC

malakas likes this.
  2. malakas

malakas Member

Yeah why OKC opened a roster spot without any reason?
    Hopefully not to faciliate a 3 way AD trade.

3. Vivi

Vivi Member

Maybe they just dumped some salary to lower their costs, just like we did with Melo and MCW.

malakas likes this.
  4. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Memphis-Utah discussing Rubio-Conley deal per Stein.

Vivi likes this.
  5. Vivi

Vivi Member

@BigBum called this :eek::D

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Vivi likes this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Rubio is worse than Conley, must be a smaller contract.

8. malakas

malakas Member

Available:
    - Nikola Mirotic
    - Julius Randle
    - E'Twaun Moore
    - Terrence Ross
    - Taurean Prince
    - JaMychal Green
    - Justin Holiday
    - Garrett Temple
    - Alec Burks
    - Rodney Hood
    - Marquese Chriss
    - Brandon Knight
    - Any Heat (except Winslow, Richardson and Adebayo)

Listening to offers:
    - Marc Gasol
    - Mike Conley
    - Kings' cap space
    - Willie Cauley-Stein
    - Any Bulls (except Markkanen and Carter Jr.)
    - Nuggets' TPE

Deuce likes this.
  9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Am I crazy for wanting Mirotic? Is he just Anderson 2.0?

After that ass whooping we just got, I really wish we had some size and rebounding at the 4 (that can shoot of course).

malakas likes this.
  10. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

A bonafide scrub who gets too much playing time or a great player who MDA keeps on the bench.

Sajan likes this.
  11. malakas

malakas Member

He is similar but a better defender. Every season in his carreer he gets on some 1-2 months streaks where he looks like a star and then in slumps where he looks horrible.

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

He's also a substantially better rebounder then Anderson... like just as good if not better then Faried on the defensive glass.

How much better of a defender though? How would he fair against the Warriors? I see his block and steal percentages are much higher, but if he can't move his feet significantly better then Anderson it's all meaningless.

Sucks that he's inconsistent too, all of our shooters are already so damn inconsistent it drives me crazy.

13. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

To one of my favorite posters: :)

1. Cyber has intel that I don't have access to, but:

-Despite Wash saying Beal is not available, this is not the case. He wants to win, and wants out of Wall's shadow (allegedly). Similarly to LBJ and Kyroverrated.

-Rox have done due diligence to check with the Implosion in Wash. Beal takes Houston over the top IMO, esp. if you don't have to give up EGO
    -I see ONLY DJ as a possible buy out, but does he really feel a need in Capella comes back
    *****Chemistry is big. Capela knows how to play with Harden. DJ does not

Watch out for Boston, Memphis, Mirotic and my Freebirds. CP is getting better. We need one more sharpshooter at the 3. Those #decreasethedrops are available.

I see AD being moved to LA. It makes too much sense. They have a young core.

Just my preference: I want J. Green, Wayne or Jaylen, all guys that we've asked about.

And, yes, NeNe knows his time might be up. Sad stuff for me.

14. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Thanks for the update Cod. Nene has had a great career, and endured more than most. I still hold out hope he turns it around, but if anything his career is on a high note with always being a fan favorite and giving 100%. The fact that poor salary management makes him a prime candidate to be moved doesn't change any of that.

If we're getting Beal, I'm not sure why we need Ego anymore though. Beal is essentially Gordon 2.0 and our backcourt is crowded as it is. I would be amazed if Tilman is willing to take on Beal while keeping Capela, Tucker, Gordon, Harden, Paul.

malakas and hakeem94 like this.
  15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Appreciate the ears. I have a hard time reading the Wiz. They appear stubborn to me. If I am the Rockets I try to go "all in" on Beal. The same mentality that Morey had when getting Harden. "anything not tied down." Overwhelm the Wiz with a godfather offer. Unlike what the Lakers are doing now with AD.

Getting Beal to PAIR with Harden (and CP3 as the 3rd guy) keeps the Rockets title chase open FOR MANY YEARS. It might set back the team some this year, but I am fine with that "long play" strategy.

13BeardsIN1, hakeem94 and malakas like this.
  16. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

I would also go all in on Beal. I would do Two future first round picks and two pick swaps and whatever in salary to make it work.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Conley has a huge contract, he's getting 30 million two more years after this...but he could be just what Utah needs, an experienced vet that's been in some playoff wars...their core is young so they can deal with the extra two years...not like they are going to woo anyone to come to Utah in FA anyways.

It would be a good trade for them. Hopefully they won't make it.

And yeah...Rubio is an expiring contract so it makes sense for Memphis. Trade works out well for both teams, surprised it hasn't happened yet.

18. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think Beal is a big enough talent upgrade over Gordon to put almost all of our cap at the guard position. Rockets need help at the forwards more than any team in the league. Also, I feel that Paul's window is closing far faster than anyone expected and time is not on our side with the production he will give next season and 20-21.

Tillman's financial security is only going to makes things harder. Les's willingness to give Morey some spending cash for 2nd rounders allowed Morey chips, chips he may not be getting in the future. I it's time to go all in or wait for GS to break up next season..then go all in.

19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

One thing about Beal though: you seldom see a team trade a guy when he’s on the verge of representing the organization in the All Star Game. I’d see Beal more as a summer trade for someone, but who knows.....stranger things have happened.

Thanks for the info, Cod.

Deuce and malakas like this.
  20. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

What's the point of coming back to Washington for the season if Wall, Dwight and the whole team is injured? Check agent relationships.

Beal is to Kyrie in Cleveland....FYI