1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Deadline General Discussion

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by malakas, Jan 29, 2019.

?

Will Anthony Davis get traded by 7 February

1. Yes

24.3%
  2. No

75.7%
  1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Worth noting.

BigMaloe and Nook like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Harden wasn't near being the best of players though at that trade date. More like an Ex best sixth man.

Not sure about Kareem though.

3. foggy94

foggy94 Member

@Codman keeps talking about Jaylen Brown and on his recent post about them 'moving up'. I wonder if they are thinking of flipping him for more picks from someone like an Orlando/Detriot/Washington who aren't quite in tank mode yet. With Jaylen's stock dropping massively this year maybe the Celtics think a better pitch to NOLA would be Tatum and a ****-ton of picks? Like 4 in this draft alone.

I dunno, can't really see it but just trying to make sense of these Jaylen posts. How we would get involved I have no clue

saleem likes this.
  4. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I don't know why, but I feel like Blake Griffin to the Blazers might happen.

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

I guess that's very possible, i expect some crazy **** to happen.

Mathloom likes this.
  6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

YEa . . . I get the feeling a domino effect will happen and alot of changes will happen

Rocket River

malakas likes this.
  7. malakas

malakas Member

Well well..now that Porzingis asked for a trade I think the path is open for a Nola trade.
    This deadline will possibly end up being epic.

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I just don't think New Orleans would want to deal Davis for Porzingis. If they get the Unicorn it seems there would be a good chance they'd lose him just as quickly.

9. malakas

malakas Member

He is a restricted free agent and Jrue Holiday will be by far far far the best teammate he has ever had.
    I take for granted that the Knicks include their first rounder.

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Just seems risky for NO. Coming off a knee injury and already forcing his way out of one situation.

Nook likes this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

OKC is there just hiding in the weeds.

12. malakas

malakas Member

It didnt come out of nowhere, he has been dissatisfied with the Knicks since he was a sophomore.
    Im sorry but out of all the stars in the league the one I cant blame for asking for a trade is Porzingis.
    Lets look what he has been through:
    Booing when drafted
    Phil Jackson enforcing the triangle
    Phil Jackson- Melo war in the lockeroom
    Phil Jackson calling him soft and looking publicly to trade him off
    GMs giving out disgusting contracts to Noah Rose and calling it a superteam
    GM giving disgusting contract to THJ
    Fitzdale publicly declaring to the media he cant run while he could
    A team with the worst record in the league, one of the worst FO, and a coach that they dont like each other
    James Dolan- enough said

I think even a saint would have a justification to ask out at that point, dont you?

13. malakas

malakas Member

Did Porzingis got traded to Dallas? W T F

14. malakas

malakas Member

Turns out it was indeed epic..epically stupid.

15. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

It would be great to see things settled before the deadline just so we can focus on b-ball glad this KP thing is already done

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Wild idea.....What if Morey gave the Wizards a “godfather offer” (the Butler offer) for Bradley Beal and then filled roster holes with buyout candidates?

Something like Gordon+Capela and X First Round Picks
    FOR
    Beal and Dwight's Contract (would be bought out)

Rockets then add DJ and Matthews as buyout candidates to fill holes.

Bottom line - Rockets get BEAL as a 2nd star to pair with Harden (CP3 is the 3rd star) to keep the championship window open for MANY years.

Not saying the Wizards would do that. But they would get good players, picks and salary savings in the deal. And continue to build around Wall.

What do you think @Nook @Codman @ch44 @cyberx @Clutch ?

#36 Deuce, Feb 1, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  17. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think the Wizards would jump on that offer actually, or at least, i think they should cause, i mean, Beal is a very good player, but he's not worth Capela and Gordon, let alone with also picks, imo at least.

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Wiz are tough to read as it relates to direction. That is just my attempt at a Morey AGGRESSIVE move. Something that shakes the pillars. Could even disrupt the season somewhat. (but maybe not). But what it does do, is give Harden a YOUNG running mate for MANY YEARS. Give me Harden and Beal on the wings. Let CP3 be the conductor as the 3rd guy.

19. malakas

malakas Member

At this point for Beal to get traded he has to go to the owner and ask out himself.
    Even though so in vogue lately, the reason he hasnt imo its that he has a new born baby.

Deuce likes this.
  20. Vivi

Vivi Member

That would be great of course, we definitely need a second star to let Chris be the third at this point, but still sounds like a big overpay (even though it also depends on how many picks we would trade)...i mean, i think Capela, Gordon and picks is a lot to move for a top 20/30 (?) player imo...don't get me wrong, the idea male sense and i can actually see Morey do something like this if he knows DeAndre is coming, we can also not be picky at this point, but would we be better overall by moving all those parts for Beal, or if we keep Capela and Gordon while moving those picks for a player like Richardson, Covington, Jaylen Brown (just few random names)?