1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade deadline 2012 - realistic trade scenarios

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by daywalker02, Feb 23, 2012.

1. monster

monster Member

I don't know why we would be interested in any of the Big 3 from BOS. I'm not thrilled at the thought of Pau, but we aren't getting it done as is, so I'm willing to give it a try. We definitely need players with skill AND height. I wish we could find a big physical 6'10" anchor, but there aren't many of them.

2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Scola gets more inefficient and worse on D every passing game, need to trade him ASAP

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Unfortunately he is on a large contract. Would have him at minimum or close to 4,5 million, close to what Hayes has got with the kings.

4. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

According to a pretty insider Magic fan...this was a discussed scenario.

Lakers get: Dwight Howard, Scola
    Lakers give: Gasol, Bynum

Rockets give: Parsons, Scola, Martin, pick
    Rockets get: Gasol

Orlando give: Howard
    Orlando gets: Scola, Martin, pick, Parsons

++ other incentives to balance things out.

5. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Oh, and Orl gets Bynum too...

It's 99% bull****. But it's 4am here and that 1% is looking pretty realistic to me. So there.

6. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

are there 2 scolas ?

7. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Worth noting that the insider said he got this by talking to one of the players involved, and that player was told by his agent to be prepped for a trade. Trade looks like crap though but apparently the insider is well-respected.

8. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Oops LAL gets Scola, not Orl....like I said it's probably bull**** but in the case that it happens I get to wave my arms around on the internet for a bit....

9. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

F that trade. Even worse than the Chris Paul scenario.