1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade: Bonzi, James for Bobby Jackson? (UPDATE: Done Deal)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by farrisdabis, Feb 20, 2008.

1. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

Hayes played good D on him, but we couldnt have him in the game cus we needed some scoring so Shane was guarding him, that was a mismatch. We need Landry BAD

2. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

There are some haters on this board. I think bonzi played well for us.

3. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Member

I'm not hating. I'm speaking the truth.

Apparently Rockets management didn't think he played well enough here.

4. wireonfire

wireonfire Member

:rolleyes: People don't understand. It was not Bonzi. It was more of getting rid of Mike James' contract and getting a serviceable backup PG.

I don't think Morey would have traded Bonzi straight up for BJ.

Bonzi - MJ = BJ

5. kwng

kwng Member

It's about luxury tax and getting rid of Mike and that is very true. BUT .. when you trade with a division rival that's where a good player will
    come and bite us back like what Bonzi did tonight. Imagine if he did
    what he did tonight to us in the playoffs (game 7).

6. double uk

double uk Member

yes, it's ture. i agree with you...
    even bozi played well today.

7. Verbatim

Verbatim Member

Ain't that the truth!

8. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

It would be upsetting, but it would mean (on current standings) that we just got bounced out of the playoffs in the 7th game of the Western Conference finals WITHOUT YAO!

It'd be a great playoff run (better than we've seen in YEARS) and we'd HAVE to be full of confidence for next season...

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

It is irrelevent neither Houston nor New Orleans is a real championship threat with or without Bonzi.

DD

10. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Member

It is only relevant in the sense that we now have an expiring contract and got out of James' contact.

11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

If that was the case why did even trade for Mike James. Howard only had one year left in the contract or why did we get battier I mean we always need to play for the future right.

12. JOHNNYN

JOHNNYN Member

We really should have just kept Bonzi because he is a nice finisher and puts in alot of effort with consistency. We should have tried to trade Mike James and Kirk snyder for a decent point guard afterward.

13. durvasa

durvasa Member

Ugh ...

14. durvasa

durvasa Member

Were you sleeping during our 10 straight wins without Yao? We out-rebounded and out-toughed virtually every one of our opponents.

15. Kwame

Kwame Member

Bonzi is definitely a player that this team needs. Hopefully they can sign him in the offseason. I don't care if he doesn't bring it during the regular season every night. He has playoff experience and presents matchup problems, and the playoffs are all about matchups.

16. krockets

krockets Member

Bonzi definitely has some skills that we lack of, but IMO, we need Bobby Jackson more than Bonzi, especially in the playoffs.. I was against the trade when I first heard it happened, but after seeing what Jackson could bring to the table, I would still the do the trade even as of today..

17. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

The only problem is he is inconsistent, but he got talent. Now if he hits his outside shoots like today and make his layup he is unstoppable, but he doesn't do it consistent he can go now and have 10 more average games before having a great game. The reason he was expandable was to trade Mike James contract and give Landry more minutes, but Landry is hurt now and he is making a better impact and a more consistent impact in this team than Bonzi, when Bonzi left we didn't miss him even when Yao got hurt. Now when Landry got hurt the team offense have gone south. BTW Jackson have been good lately we just need to get Landry back, without Yao he is ultra important for team.

18. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Member

The reason he was EXPANDABLE... ha ha ha, too easy. Anybody wanna finish that one off?

19. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Member

Is Bozi the magical child of Bonzi and Boki?

20. benvolio

benvolio Member

Some people seem to forget that the trade was mostly about filling the biggest whole on the team (at the time)...a backup point guard.

The trade was good for both teams but probably alittle better for N.O. since they are so strong at the 1 and needed bench play that came from other positions.