1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade: Bonzi, James for Bobby Jackson? (UPDATE: Done Deal)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by farrisdabis, Feb 20, 2008.

1. RocketTilIDie

RocketTilIDie Member

2. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Member

:rolleyes:

3. jasona88

jasona88 Member

4. MLittle577

MLittle577 Member

Does it really matter?

5. ekim

ekim Member

Bonzi spanked us.

6. jboslett

jboslett Member

Everyone knows Bonzi is a better player than Bobby Jackson. But you absolutely cannot forget the fact that we lost Mike James' ridiculous contract in this trade. We're going to look back on this trade in the future and be very happy that we did it.

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

At least Les got under the LT.....he ended up making some $$ this year!

8. YallMean

YallMean Member

The Bonzi trade is good for us in long run. Bonzi is not the difference for us to win it all. We didnt know Yao was going down when we traded him. Get it over with!

9. liangqj

liangqj Member

Low post is more important now than before while Yao was out of the season.
    Miss Yao.

10. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

If you always are playing for the future you end up like the hawks.

11. babydill

babydill Member

And if you don't pay attention to contracts and how HORRIBLE some of them are, you end up like the Knicks.

You really don't have a clue how big moving James' contract was. Bonzi was not doing CRAP when he was here. He played when he wanted to play. That is NOT what we needed. He's a very good player ... but again, only when he wants to be.

12. cardpire

cardpire Member

just because they planned for the future and dumped salary doesnt make it a good trade.

i know it's easy to say in hindsight, but, the lakers game aside, bjax has looked pretty bad. and needless to say, bonzi could be helping now.

oh well, win some, lose some.

13. zoids

zoids Member

Ppl need to STFU. If Bonzi had the fire to play with Rockets back then, he won't get traded. I don't see people complain when BJax was scoring 19pts for us that night.

Jesus... it's stupid old thread revival like these makes me mad. Clutchfans = EPSN bbs these days, filled with bandwagon fans that doesn't know about basketball.

I would rather be a lurker like in the old times to read good threads in clutchfans over this mess now.

14. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Member

I was against moving Bonzi, and I still am. I always liked him.

Also, I wouldn't be so eager to get rid of James' contract. I think Mike James was given too short a leash here this season. He could have been a really nice backup PG for us but never got any consistent playing time. We could definitely use his scoring now.

15. jboslett

jboslett Member

Can you honestly say though Air Langhi, that we were a lot better with Bonzi and MJ? Bonzi didn't work out too well when we had Yao on the block and T-Mac always having the ball. How often did we go to Bonzi with nothing major really coming out of it? I mean, Bonzi had some terrific games both scoring and rebounding but I think at the moment the trade was made, (Yao was not injured) the trade was a good move. Had we known Yao would be out there's no doubt in my mind Morey would have kept Bonzi around because it would have opened the offense up for Bonzi.

16. wireonfire

wireonfire Member

Yes, but that is hindsight.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Bonzi sucks, he had one good game where Tmac didnt bother to guard him...big deal.

DD

18. Air Langhi

If you weren't a bandwagon you would know bonzi was a key part of our run when we started the 22 game winning streak. Bjax has had 2 or 3 good games.

19. Air Langhi

We get killed on rebounding and toughness. Bonzi is streaky, but he was a good rebounder. Even during our winning streak we would at times get dominated by the other teams size.

20. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Member

I won't miss Bonzi sucking the next six games in a row after a game like this.