1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade: Bonzi, James for Bobby Jackson? (UPDATE: Done Deal)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by farrisdabis, Feb 20, 2008.

1. mtran

mtran Member

unfortunately, we say this every year :(

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yes. Contractually its a great deal. ONLY IF we deal Jackson's expiring next season for a solid player. Simply getting out of James' contract doesn't actually add anything. We did need a backup to Rafer but Jackson is not that guy. Jackson is a 2. At pure PG skills he looks like trash out there. Like I said; picks up the dribble, drives into traffic, jumps without purpose. Its nasty. Now I hear we are going after Lue. Probably because Jackson can't play point. Cassell would have been fine too. Keep Wells would have been a bonus.

Until we deal Jackson's contract for something of value next season I can't like this trade. To me Jackson doesn't make us better than Wells, and signing someone like Cassell, Lue, Stoudamire, would go farther in suring up the backup PG.

3. Kim

Kim Member

Whether or not BJax will suck for the end of this season and next is up to debate. But one cannot dispute that according to RA actions, he really prefers BJax to MJ, Francis, or AB. And cutting Rafer's minutes from 38 to 32 should be helpful imo to keep him fresh and playing great during the playoffs (I really really really hope). I'll trade in an erratic BJax for a great Rafer during the playoffs.

4. mtran

mtran Member

i wonder if well bring back bjax this summer...? i know he has an expiring deal. bring him back for less money and sign another player?

5. LScolaDominates

He will still be under contract next season.

6. mtran

mtran Member

really...? why did it feel like we were getting an expiring contract for james+bonzi..... :confused:

7. durvasa

durvasa Member

He'll be an expiring contract next year, which means he'll be easy to trade at the trading deadline to upgrade another position, if we want to do that. It's a useful chip to have.

8. mtran

mtran Member

mike miller?? :D

9. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

BJax + 2nd round pick for Mike Bibby next year.

10. mtran

mtran Member

no thank you.

11. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Member

Salaries not even close to matching. Fact is Rox not going to make any significant changes. We're over the salary cap. I think its clear our #1 goal is resigning Landry and #2 obtaining a big body or two to play behind Yao. I don't want to see anymore 40+ minute nights for Yao in the regular season against bad teams.

12. mtran

mtran Member

if we took care of business against < .500 teams, yao wouldnt have to log in 40+

13. Painting_Shade

true that.

I miss bonzi. he's a good passer and a solid post threat. he can also guard multiple positions. I dunno. it's frustrating.

14. mtran

mtran Member

bonzi is on his contract year so we know hes looking for that cash money.

15. Pat

Pat Member
    Supporting Member

I think the reason we are doing so well right now is that we are playing great TEAM ball. Say what you want about the talent of Wells and James, but both of those guys are "me first' players.

16. saleem

saleem Member

Ziggy,do you have a link about Lue? I would assume that Jones would be cut in that case. I have seen reports about Lue joining the Mavs but I can't account for their credibility.

17. txppratt

txppratt Member

once again i thought this was a bad trade...

WTF do i know?

...ZIP!

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

No link just what Ric Bucher reported during the Nuggets game. Kind of seemed random to me.

19. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

I think having BJ here will be good for Aaron, having someone to help him with the nuances of Adelman's system.

Meanwhile Bonzi has been either hurt, or dressed funny a lot.

Hornets Coach Byron Scott said before Sunday's game that he expects guard/forward Bonzi Wells to play against the Washington Wizards. Wells missed two straight games with a bruised Achilles' tendon.

http://hornetsreport.com/HRForums/showthread.php?t=46211

Scott clarified in his postgame chat that the reason Wells was not on the bench watching the game was because he failed to bring attire that would have met the standards of the NBA dress-code policy.

http://neworleanshornetsblog.blogspot.com/2008/02/five-observations-hornets-120-suns-103.html

20. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

This was a terrible trade then and it is a terrible trade today.