1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade: Bonzi, James for Bobby Jackson? (UPDATE: Done Deal)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by farrisdabis, Feb 20, 2008.

1. dookiester

dookiester Member

sig worthy!

2. LCII

LCII Member

Hornets might regret this trade now. Jannero played like crap today, he chucked up so many shots and went 1 for 9 on the floor. Mike James will only chuck more, and Bonzi might not be motivated to play for Bryon Scott at all ("Adelman's my only coach!")

#1802 LCII, Feb 22, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2008
  3. jopatmc

jopatmc Member

All I got to say is Bonzi better bring it big time for them cuz they have no bench and really no significant player after CP3, West, PJ, and Tyson. I see New Orleans fading.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Cohen, this guy kills me. If we have a parade downtown this year, his spin should be something to see. When we make the playoffs, his spin will be nearly as rediculous.

5. Edtricycle

Edtricycle Member

6. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Member

7. ekim

ekim Member

No wonder the Hornets wanted Bonzi... Mo Pete is a worthless scrub.

CP + West + Chandler + Peja + Bonzi

Thats a pretty solid starting line up.

8. wireonfire

wireonfire Member

9. Cohen

Cohen Member

So you've been browsing the 'No Way' thread?

What's beyond ridiculous, Deckard?

10. BetterThanEver

We'll all celebrate at the parade and party all night long.

Meanwhile, he will go on about how impossible it was for the Kings and Nuggets to miss out on the playoffs.

11. HillBoy

HillBoy Member

And I thought that we were supposed to be sooooo helpless out there without Bouncy. I mean, wasn't he the KEY to our continued success? Well, if that's so, then would one of the "This trade kills our playoff chances for good" posters please explain how the Rox were able to win that game last night so convincingly without Mr. Well's "contribution"?

12. Roxfan73

Roxfan73 Rookie

Sorry if this has been posted:

Bobby Jackson - Still Good

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zcplLBzaX6o&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zcplLBzaX6o&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Good, relatively recent footage of Bobby breaking down his defender, driving and finishing at the rim. Nice step back 3's too!

13. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

what will be bobby jax jersey # for the Rox?

14. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

#8 ...

15. macfan

macfan Member

http://www.nola.com/hornets/t-p/index.ssf?/base/sports-3/1203920503101540.xml&coll=1&thispage=2

"You always hate to see a teammate go like Bobby," Paul said. "But I think it's something that definitely made us better. Mike is somebody who can come off the bench and explode for a lot of points. Bonzi is a guy that can defend people like McGrady."

lol

Bonzi can defend Tmac. I bet you Tracy killed Bonzi in practice. Bonzi is not even an average defender against quick perimeter players. He doesn't get in a defensive stance and he never challenges jumpshots. He is always worried about getting beat off the dribble. That's how Stevenson got going tonight, when Bonzi was on him. On one possession, the Wizards had nothign going, there were 2 seconds left and Stevenson made a shot which got the Wizards going. Bonzi didn't challenge the shot.

16. uchlha

uchlha Member

man look at what wells and james did last night lol i think morey is definitely a genius. he basically gave the hornets a trojan horse lol.

17. macfan

macfan Member

I know long term Bobby's contract benefits the Rockets since it is shorter and more manageable than Mike James' contract.

However, for this year I think we're going to miss the punch that Bonzi provided. Mike James could have stepped up his game with Yao out too.

With Yao, this looked like a good trade, but I think without Yao we might have needed the punch that Bonzi provides.

Bobby Jackson can look good when his shots fall, but he also looks old and slow. He's not finishing well around the hoop. He can initiate the offense, but you can't expect him to be the spark off the bench he used to be. Luther is far better in that role. Our bench is only 2 deep with Luther and Carl. Bonzi would have given us a third spark.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Bonzi stunk, he was crap on FTs, crap on outside shots, and crap on defense...GOOD RIDDANCE.

Uh, Landry is better than Bonzi...give him the minutes, he plays harder and cares.

Bobby is better for our team than Bonzi.

DD

19. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

You had me, I was following your thoughts and then you had to go and say something stupid.

20. Sherlock

Sherlock Member

I wasn't so sure of this trade at the beginning, but it sure has been nice to have stability behind Rafer.

I also think it'll bring in a higher quality player quicker, with Jackson's expiring contract next year, if we use it.

One of the primary advantages of the trade, ironically, is to open up more playing time for Landry, who'd just a wonderful surprise this season.

So, even though I hated giving up Bonzi, we weren't going to resign him this summer, and it was better to develop the rookies, especially now that Yao has gone out.

And, I've love Jackson's lift off the bench ... ;)