1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade: Bonzi, James for Bobby Jackson? (UPDATE: Done Deal)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by farrisdabis, Feb 20, 2008.

1. HillBoy

HillBoy Member

Look on the bright side: At least there'll be more donuts for everyone...

2. durvasa

durvasa Member

The Kings weren't that successful with Wells. Actually, just like last year, Wells came into that season out of shape. Adelman had to work him into the rotation out of necessity. Wells didn't exactly have a great year, but he had a memorable playoff series. It's been blown way out of proportion.

3. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Member

Well let's just hope BJ can be a mentor to Brooks, since he's the mold of PG Brooks is carved out of. Seriously, BJ in his prime was Brooks on steroids. If we skipped out on Artest, Brooks had better contribute on that level at the very least!

4. coldfire

coldfire Member

Bonzi for Jackson? bad trade.

5. saleem

saleem Member

I still doubt this Bonzi/Brooks for Artest because it doesn't work.I'm sure they asked for much more.It doesn't matter anymore. Brooks will probably never develop to that level. I'll be happy to see him develop into a solid off the bench combo guard, "a poor man's Monta Ellis".

6. HillBoy

HillBoy Member

Am I the only one here who noticed that everyone is getting all worked up over something a bunch of guys said on TV - the same guys who just gave Charles Barkley a birthday cake made of donuts (and who consequently thought it was the funniest thing they'd done in a while)?

7. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Member

Bobby Jackson was "a poor man's Monta Ellis."

8. Edtricycle

Edtricycle Member

same thing i was thinking :rolleyes:

9. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

TMac has it right. I'm sure it was done because of money (dumping James), but we're giving up a lot. It looks like the Rockets are looking for next year and giving up on this year.

10. johnkamla

johnkamla Member

The trade is looking a little better to me now. I believe Brooks is going to develop into something special, but having Bobby Jackson is a nice safety net. Actually, not just for Brooks but for Luther as well.

11. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Member

I think T-Mac said it right. It's going to be tough to not have Bonzi to fall on. He's been playing so well lately, and him and BJax play totally different styles.

I think it's a bad trade. I loved how Bonzi was coming around. We'll have to wait and see how this plays out, just like everything else.

I still think the Rockets are playing for this year, I hope they are, because next year it's not like they are going to have THAT much money to sign a good player, Les probably won't want to anyways.

I say the Rockets still have a 3 season window. The Lakers are looking like they have more than a 3 season window, probably 4-5. The Mavs have only this season and next. Spurs are done after this season. Suns have maybe 2-3 more seasons. I honestly don't think Denver or GS have a legit shot.

That's the near future. I think the late future holds Portland as a savage franchise, as well as New Orleans.

The West is tough...and it won't get easier.

12. ydqkang

ydqkang Member

trade Bonzi in order to save money for next season's big fish?

13. Jareen

Jareen Member

I think the Rockets made this trade to jump on the trading bandwagon... :confused:

14. saleem

saleem Member

I thought you meant Brooks becoming a player of the caliber of Artest.
    Artest definitely has his weaknesses apart from his behavior but at his best,I would rate him slightly higher than Bobby Jackson at his peak.
    Please correct me if I misunderstood you.

15. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Member

Yeah, I meant Brooks has to be as good as Jackson. I can understand if they passed on improving our strong wing positions if they thought Brooks could really help our historically weak PG position. Artest is a far greater talent, but we could sure use a stable player like a prime Jackson at point right now. Brooks and Head aren't getting it done.

16. saleem

saleem Member

Let's keep our fingers crossed.

17. wireonfire

wireonfire Member

From chron,

18. koopa

koopa Member

damn, i would've said it was a decent trade until i saw how old bobby jackson was. He was an awesome player before but now , it was all about his quickness and drives but now at 35 i doubt he can transition into a sam cassell. I haven't watched him play this season so i hope he still has something good to offer at 35

19. WesmanTexanfan

Ok, look at what brooks did tonight and the outcome. Now enter in what bobby would do in his place. I really like this trade going into the rest of the season......

20. alcatrazpsycho

wah wah wah

What were all of your initial reactions when we drafted Luther Head? Aaron Brooks? Carl Landry? What were your expectations? What happened to the Daryl Morey blew the draft threads? What happened to the fire Adelman threads? Trade T-Mac threads?

Bobby Jackson has played for Adelman in the past. He has seen success in the playoffs. He will provide a veteran presence on and off the court. Salary-cap wise, this team is looking pretty good in the next two years. We have Gerald Green, a prospect compared to T-Mac. Who better to get advise from than the man himself? T-Mac is going to play a lot better now knowing he has a young clone of himself trying to take his place (long-term, obviously not right now)

Unless you guys are trying to work out reverse psychology from complaining, I don't know what your problems are.