1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade: Bonzi, James for Bobby Jackson? (UPDATE: Done Deal)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by farrisdabis, Feb 20, 2008.

1. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

[​IMG]

i was hoping bonzi could smash marion today somehow, guess he will take all his anger at us tomorrow..

2. daddy cool

daddy cool Member

This trade really sucks

3. kty

kty Member

Even some of us are somewhat disappointed at what Bonzi has done for us this season, but with him on the court, we at least have someone with a wide body that can go strong inside and create problems for the other team. Now we have to rely more on Scola’s skill and finesse to do this for us. Hopefully Landry can gain more experience in this area and Tmac also becomes a strong finisher in the fourth as he used to be.

4. RocksMillenium

At least Les saved some money, that's the important part. :rolleyes:

5. verti89

verti89 Member

I love these trades because I don't think we lose anything except dead weight and luxury taxes. We trade Bonzi Wells who put up 9.2 points and 5 rebounds in 22 minutes a game, and never play mike james and Kirk Snyder. We add Jackson with his 7.1 and 2.4 in 19 minutes but he is a much better outside shooter than Bonzi (who isn't), and he is a backup PG WITH EXPERIENCE. And then you add G. Green's 5 points and 2 rebounds in 12 minutes a game...And we free up $$. I see these trades as nothing BUT positive. Why the heck is everyone so negative about them?

6. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

we've got a hole at the 2/3 now. who will back up t-mac and battier? Luther Head? do we even have a 3 besides battier/t-mac? if this means we have to play green then we're doomed.

talent-wise we defintely got worse.

7. ymxf

ymxf Member

For Bonzi and James. Good deal?

Very bad deal! Bobby's data is downing year by year and Bonzi is helping the Rockets now!

8. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Member

What I'm assuming is that this means Mac plays more minutes at the 3 than he has been, to give Rafer/Jackson/Head/Brooks more time at the guard spots. And like some others have been suggesting, maybe play Landry at the 3 a little bit.

But I definitely agree on Green. I think we're probably doomed if he becomes a major part of our rotation. I hope I'm wrong.

9. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Does this mean it is going to take until *next* All Star Break before our guys figure out how to play basketball again?

10. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

Good deal, leavs alot of cap space and gets Rockets under the luxury tax which allowed them to get Gerald Green.

They also saved up 3 million dollars.

11. JuNx

JuNx Member

Adam Haluska ???

12. RocksMillenium

The key in this is Gerald Green. If Green produces I love this deal, because we get younger, with talent for the future and replace Bonzi. And Jackson gives us another legitimate thread at the PG spot and firepower off the bench.

13. BarkleyHater84

I don't like this deal, it's a salary cap move, and it only makes NO a title contender even more....Gerald Green didn't get PT on the 2 worst teams of the past 3 years (Minny and Boston) Jackson is a poor man's Jamal Crawford....

14. noize

noize Member

Awesome freakin trade to a point its orgasmic. We traded away bench-warmer and his contract in MJ and then traded away Bonzi who at times was good but he can't shoot anymore and has poor handles around the basket and lets not even start with his pathetic free-throw who was the curse for that almost record breaking dismal free-throw shooting night. What's the point of him banging down low if he can't shoot free-throw.We lost a little bit of size sure, but we still have out core along with the energy player in Landry,Brooks and scola.

Booby jackson on the other hand, is a veteran that fits RA style better then Bonzie, is clutch and can shoot the 3 with consistentcy(7-7 3pt fg in new orlean the other night and is pretty good at the line.

15. ico4498

ico4498 Member

clutchfans.net always needs more legitimate threads ...

otherwise its a sad day fer Rocket fans.

16. Russjr2

Russjr2 Member

Can somebody tell me (showe me game stats) where Bonzi has CONSISTENTLY been a beast for us??? I can't believe all this whining for losing Bonzi. He was not giving us that much. Come on guys. Look at his game logs and check his numbers since January. IN-CON-SIS-TENT!!!! Everybody keeps holding on to what he did in ONE playoff series 2 years ago. That is not the player we had. Wake up! Landry and Scola have been holding it down in the paint.
    Jackson is going to make believers out of all of these doubters. The guy can still ball. I'm not expecting too much from G Green, I think it may take him some time to find his way, but he definitely has talent. Hopefully being home will make him focus better.

17. RocksMillenium

Ooops, I meant "threat"! Sorry "fer" that. ;)

18. ico4498

ico4498 Member

i know ... just playing. ;)

19. carib

carib Member

NO is already I title contender, who is also in our division, I think in this trade we have made them stronger because MoPete has been struggling at the SG position, if Wells plays well he will take over Petersons minutes.

What we have done is added a back up to Alston who is explosive and this will take the stress on relying on Brooks. I do hope however Brooks develops into a explosive player like a TJ Ford within the next year.

20. barryxzz

barryxzz Member

Actually I think bonzi will be happy: he gets more playing time to show his impact on a better/hotter team, which can only be good for his coming contract.