1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade: Bonzi, James for Bobby Jackson? (UPDATE: Done Deal)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by farrisdabis, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Zfan

Zfan Member

It toke me couple hours to read all trade-related posts. IMHO, 2 trades are not that bad as most of you think. Losing Bonzi is a point, but I don't miss him much as Landry, AB and Luther are producing bench fire.

Since the core players are improving in terms of chemistry, I don't expect Bobby and GG earning significant minutes. Nobody wants a big change while your team is winning. Get rid of MJ's contract with minimum side-effect. Not a bad trade at all.

2. across110thstreet

I just don't know why you would help your division rival, the best in the West right now, to give them more depth...

every report out there is "Hornets get Wells from Rockets"
    this is a steal for New Orleans, and the Rockets get what?

a washed up veteran point guard?

thumbs DOWN

3. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Re-Sign Bonzi in the offseason. It might still work out.

4. apocclass

apocclass Member

do you REALLY want to be counting on landry, aaron brooks and luther head in the playoffs ? cmon man, we could really use bonzi in the playoffs. hes been there, done that. he is fearless and a high IQ player. this is a horrible trade..... :mad:

5. aaaccchhhooo

aaaccchhhooo Member

i think Bobby Jackson will come in for rafer Alston, because Luther have prove time and time again that he can not dribble the ball to save his life.....thus luther will come in for Tmac ...Landry and Scola..and Hayes? will alternate..although chuck time on the court will be limited...i have mix feelings about this trade for bobby jackson....maybe bobby jackson knows Adelman system well and maybe flourish here....keeping my fingers cross

6. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

will Tmac and bobby jackson get along? (first 30 seconds)

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/L6dMoLt9de0&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/L6dMoLt9de0&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

7. rimrocker

rimrocker Member

I think it's been pointed out before by several others, but it bears repeating... presumably the Rockets will be less likely to lose 4th quarter leads with Jackson available to lend some stability. (Of course, you can argue that by moving Bonzi there may not be big 4th quarter leads to lose.) This is a move primarily to have a sub for Rafer when things start to spin out of control late in the game.

8. michecon

michecon Member

I head a sound bite on radio by a Rockets player (don't remember who) that trade like this make you reminded it's a business. That's a lot more honest reaction than some of the posts here.

9. aaaccchhhooo

aaaccchhhooo Member

oh and..couldn't we trade chuck hayes instead of Bonzi?

10. paymon

paymon Member

Chuck hayes is crucial for guarding high scoring PFs. Would you trust Scola or Landry to do that kind of dirty work? Who else will guard Duncan, Boozer, etc.

11. All Souled Out

Wow, the Rockets got worse.

Bonzi Wells was the only decent back-up at the 2/3 position. Head is atrocious.

12. jump shooter

jump shooter Member

Good astute post. I hate losing Bonzi, but our playoff fate will no longer be in Rafer's hands now. Just think if the rockets would have had Bobby Jackson against Utah in the playoffs last season. Western conference finals would have been very attainable.

13. Rockets1616

Rockets1616 Member

WOAH I completely forgot about this. That was a long time ago though so they're probly over it.

14. HillBoy

HillBoy Member

Whoa Man! To hear Charlie Pallilo put it on his 790 radio show, Gerald Green is on his last stop on his way out of the league. He has incredible athleticism but unless he can get his head screwed on straight, he definitely could be a goner. He does make a great point here: If this kid couldn't play on a 41 loss team, then he's most definitely not going to make much of an impact here.

15. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Are trades officially over or is there any chance that we did something else before the deadline that hasn't been announced yet?

16. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Member

deadline was 3pmest. i doubt we did anything else since it hasn't been reported anywhere.

17. ico4498

ico4498 Member

nah, its official.

we sucked.

18. IROC it

IROC it Member

Yeah. He was a beast at Marie Callender's.

19. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

[​IMG]

Last bonzi 2