1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Analysis Camby to Knicks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by yostros99, Jul 9, 2012.

1. yostros99

yostros99 Member

My first post on this blog as a writer...let me know what you guys think!

http://thesleeperpick.wordpress.com...amby-c-to-nyk-for-multiple-players-and-picks/

The Houston Rockets made another move in their confusing offseason. Earlier in the evening, the Houston Rockets and the New York Knicks, along with Marcus Camby, agreed to a sign and trade deal that sent the veteran center to the New York Knicks. In exchange, the Rockets will receive PG Toney Douglas, PF/C Josh Harrellson, C Jerome Jordan, along with a 2nd rounders (unprotected) in both the 2014 draft and the 2015 draft.

New York Knicks: After agreeing to a deal with the 39 year old, Jason Kidd a few days ago, the Knicks signed another veteran to add to their rotation. Big man Marcus Camby agreed to a sign and trade to leave Houston, and continue his quest for a ring. After meeting with several teams, Camby signed a 3 year deal worth around $13.2 million. The last year of the deal is partially guaranteed. For the Knicks, this was a great get for a relatively decent price. Camby is more then capable of putting up solid numbers for 15 minutes a game. Last year in 19 games in Houston, Camby averaged 7.1 points a game, and 9.3 rebounds in around 24 MPG. Camby played slightly above average defense, and provided veteran leadership. The Knicks did well getting a rotational piece, for 3 guys, that would have likely seen little playing time.

Trade grade: A-

Houston Rockets: Daryl Morey has a plan. What his plan is, or what letter plan he is on, no one knows, but I believe there is a plan. Morey sent the veteran center, who had little interest in returning after the Rockets seemed to be moving backwards, for 3 players and 2 picks. Word from Rockets beat writer, Jonathan Feigen, is that PG Toney Douglas is here to stay. The other 2, Harrellson and Jordan, their future is cloudy. Both of those players have non-guranteed contracts, meaning they could be used as fillers in other trades. This trade, as well as the Dalembert trade, seems like baby steps, that will ultimately lead up to the big step. Word is, the Rockets are still in the chase for Dwight Howard, and this deal will help in their pursuit. Acquiring 2 picks (yes, they were 2nd rounders, but every little bit helps), plus 2 non-guranteed contracts, will give them more ammo to give to Orlando to help facilitate a trade.

What has been a crazy offseason in Houston, will stay cloudy, likely until October. Once, the season starts, things will start to clear up, but things might still move around all the way until next year’s draft. It seems likely that Dwight Howard will be traded in the next few days, and if it’s to Houston, it is likely that several pieces of this trade will be involved.

Trade grade: B+ for now, could improve based on follow up moves

2 people like this.
  2. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Nice. Congrats on the blog

3. yostros99

yostros99 Member

thanks dude...just started this past week, and this was my first post...hope to be more active

4. ThisIsOurCity

ThisIsOurCity Member

I believe dwight is out of the picture but nonetheless getting anything for Camby is a good trade for us.

5. yostros99

yostros99 Member

The Rockets Homer in me thinks we still have a shot at Dwight, and the realistic side in me still agrees with that. We definitely have the assets to trade, its a matter of if ORL likes it, if Morey is willing to take back the other contracts, and if we get beat by better offer...personally, i think it might be Morey's unwillingness to take back certain contracts in a deal.

6. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

if it's J-Rich, Duhon, and Clark as reported i think we should take it. i mean if we get Howard we'll need some veterans to compete for a playoff spot isn't it?