1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tracy Says He's Out for Season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HookemHorns1250, Feb 17, 2009.

Tags:
  1. purplehaze89

purplehaze89 New Member

Hello Vinsanity?

With T-Mac gone this team needs scoring from the backcourt and unfortunately Artest is not hte asnwer. Vince is one of the rare swingmen that make others around him better (ask Brook Lopez, ryan Anderson and his unselfish play that allowed Harris to become an all-star).

moreover, the Nets beat writers have stated taht the current trade looks like this:

Carter,Ryan Anderson and Najera for Landry, Battier, Artest and Head. Ryan Anderson puts up comparable numbers to Landry and is hardnosed while Najera is a hardnosed defender who can knock the triple a la Battier.

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/nets/Carter_boosts_trade_value.html

2. rawool

rawool Member

They told him he can still play...

3. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

not according to the doctors. they repeated it MULTIPLE times (beginning of the season, after the first 2 week layoff and multiple 2nd opinions), tracy constantly asked, "can it get worse?"

they all said no.

4. Landlord Landry

point forward?

5. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I'm not seeing anywhere in that article where a doctor agreed that Tmac needed surgery.

I hope one did.

6. emmanuelb

emmanuelb Member

7. t_mac1

exactly. despite not getting us out of the first round, tracy has done the most for us the past 4 seasons. it's unfortunate that the year morey surrounds him with talent and he gets season-ending surgery.

that's his career for ya in a nutshell though.

8. peter_pan

peter_pan Member

Why ppl aren't respecting Tmac isnt because he is not talented. It's because he is not trying to be the best on the court like LBJ and Kobe. Every time when you watch a LBJ or Kobe interview, they always said that they want to be the best, and if they aren't going to win, why bother getting on the court. And as Kobe's teammates said, Kobe never beaten by injuries, he even play with unmovable fingers, he even score when he was sick.
    That's it, if T-Mac tried strong, and then fall, no one's gonna blame him.
    And for the playoff thing, isn't 12 years not enough for you to believe he cant lead any team to anywhere

9. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Just what I feared. I was wondering if the "second opinion" McGrady was seeking was really because he had been told he needed season-ending surgery but just didn't want to accept it. Of course, nobody else actually thought that -- most people assumed the opposite, that he was looking for an excuse not to play.

10. spookyoldtree

spookyoldtree Member

What if Tmac announces retirement now? Does his salary come off the book when it comes to signing free agents?

11. blender

blender Member

I agree. I'm just going to wait until there's an official statement from the Rockets organization.

But if it's true... :(

12. zjuzhyin

zjuzhyin Member

Sigh...

I was so grateful and moved last year, when Yao was down, people mulling "somebody shoot me now" and Tmac lead the team to "do it for Yao". They started from almost the same place as they are now (32-20 before all star, but riding a 12 game winning streak before yao got hurt) and went atop the west alone on one occasion.

I root for Yao, but I don't see Yao can stand up and do the same thing - not his ability, but a lot of others on and off stage... I'm left sad for so many times.

Wish Tmac all the best, in this season you may have disappointed so many day in and day out, but I will always remember what you've done.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

He would NEVER do that he has $23 million reasons not to do that.

DD

14. Yonizzel

Yonizzel Rookie

So no Tmac... our team surrounds around Yao. Guys, honestly, is Yao a player that can win a championship? He is good all around, but I am talking about playoff time, can you see him taking a team all the way?

15. verse

verse Contributing Member

wow. you just won't admit being wrong will you? or apologize for riding the **** out of him ?

16. scola4

scola4 Member

i think this may be it for mcgrady for good, he is definitely done in houston

all i can say is thanks for all you did tracy, when you were healthy, you were my favorite player to watch but this season just hasnt been the same. time to pass the torch to artest and let him and yao take us to the next level.

go rockets, i still believe

17. T-MaC 101

T-MaC 101 Member

fake news. ill have to wait until tomrrow to make sure what this is all about

18. fmullegun

fmullegun Contributing Member

I am calling BS.

S.A.S. has burned me before.

Unless I see TMAC saying it on camera or the Rockets say it, I think we should slow down. Remember before, when he was out for the season?

19. spookyoldtree

spookyoldtree Member

like Tmac was able to make any difference.... NOT!

20. t_mac1

all rocket fans should still believe and now rally even more around the team (like last yr, except WITH MUCH MORE TALENT).

i believe we can at least get past the first round, though nothing more. but that's still an achievement considering the injuries.

why do we have season-ending injuries to our 2 franchise players for 2 straight years? really? has that ever happened before to any other franchise?