1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tracy Says He's Out for Season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HookemHorns1250, Feb 17, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Probably trying to kill any value he had and force the Rockets into a crappy position now lol..

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Would be more happy with Vince, but atleast this puts an end to our own drama queen.

Now lets play some basketball...

Maybe Morey can make a sneaky nothing for something deal......
    Can Mike Miller be had for beans?

3. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

i don't think the team is travelling with him. he's going by himself i think so it's only him who knows first hand. docs told him that and he called the media right away. tracy's not a smart guy.

but let's be real, microfracture surgery can mean career-ending. tracy is not just gonna take up on that surgery just to have the surgery.

4. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

I just can;t BELIEVE why some of you are happy that T-Mac's career is on the rocks..

man.. I know the drama he has created for the past 6 months was really hard on us..

but getting joyful for a ROCKETS PLAYER sustaining a career-ending (almost) injury is just insane... just give some respect for the guy .. he carried us through the season last year ... and he has given us some moments in his career at houston..

I;m depressed to say the least... but the good part of this is we still have so much talent on this team.. lets see what Yao can do.. he has to man up!

5. zantabak1111

zantabak1111 Member

Damn we still have 2 stars and a great bench, last I checked that still counted for something and Cleveland is rolling with 1 star a bunch of role players. Lebron is clearly better than Yao or Ron but still we have a very deep bench and I'll take a crunch time 5 of Barry,Battier,Ron,Scola, Yao against any 5 come the 4th quarter in the playoffs.

6. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

Maybe a 1 cubic mm if that.

7. DOHCtah

DOHCtah Member

wait wait wait time the f**ck out for a second..

an announcement of this magnitude usually comes straight from the team and is washed through heavy PR and conference etc etc.. why is it coming from that loudmouth Smith like a 7th-grade boys locker room rumor??

if this is true.. the Rockets organization has been completely blindsided by Tmac and should be PISSED off they weren't informed beforehand in order to take the necessary media steps.. :mad:

8. Shaud

Shaud Member

Im the unluckiest fan.

As a Falcons fan I had to deal with the Michael Vick situation.

As a Rockets fan I've had to deal with the Yao Ming and T-mac situation two years in a row.

:mad:

9. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

Feigan on his blog---

It has been reported that T-Mac is going to have micro fracture surgery, is that true?

(Rockets will not comment. They were stunned with the report. That doesn't mean it is not true, at all, only that they had no heads up that he was talking to Stephen A. The fact that they will not tell me even without comment leads me to believe that they have not heard anything that definitive from doctors. They certainly cannot believe that is not where it will end up. -- Jonathan)

weird

10. worzel gummidge

From what I'm piecing together. Rockets doctor's recommendation is strengthen the knee, microfracture a last option.

Vince Carter trade story breaks.

Deciding for microfracture.

People seem to be overlooking the fact even though McGrady might opt for surgery. It doesn't mean the previous doctor's got it wrong.

Microfracture was always a choice, just not the recommended choice.

11. steefrancis

steefrancis Member

Damn sad that tmac is done...i hope all the tmac haters have learned someting

but on a side note.....wouldnt it be crazy if artest and yao lead the rockets to the second round now?

12. Rockets_blood

Rockets_blood Member

second that

13. spookyoldtree

spookyoldtree Member

Note that on ESPN, it says "McGrady says", not "rockets organization says".
    It does sound like to me it's tmac trying to stir things up and do some damage to the organization before the trade deadline. I hope I'm wrong though.

14. leonking

leonking Rookie

Just be patient. Things will change after Thursday.

15. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

For everyone out there that doesn't understand the trade deadline and disgruntled employees let me lay it all out for you.

-Last week T-mac got wind that he might get traded, per what was said at the Chron that nobody but Yao was safe.

-T-mac decided to shut it down again and "get second,third,forth opinions" on his knee and he made it very public that he was doing this to scare off any trade scenario's involving him.

-The story broke today Vince for T-mac.

-Luckily for T-mac the Nets still didn't want him even if he wasn't done for the season.

-T-mac decides to pay Les back for trying to trade him by contacting espn and giving them this story to kill any other trade scenario's involving himself.

-Now we wait and see if this knee stuff is all bs or legit.

I don't like to question the guy at every turn but he has brought this stuff on himself. So now we wait and see what the real story is once this catches wind with the front office.

16. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

17. DOHCtah

DOHCtah Member

hmmmm

18. spookyoldtree

spookyoldtree Member

That said, I think there is a chance that mcgrady will change his mind about the surgery after this Thursday. We'll see.....

19. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Sad for T-Mac, happy for the team. This team probably gets to the second round without T-Mac because that's how talented they are. T-Mac destroys himself carrying Orlando and Houston but reaps none of the rewards. Oh well, that's life.

Hope he recovers and gets a last shot at glory.

20. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

if they play portland or denver. tracy and yao duo could have done that. unfortunately, they always face a pretty good team.