1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tracy Says He's Out for Season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HookemHorns1250, Feb 17, 2009.

Tags:
  1. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

2. lalala902102001

If Tracy really needs microfracture surgery his Rockets career might be over. That would be too bad because at the end of the day, Tracy McGrady is one of the best players ever to wear a Houston Rockets uniform.

3. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

How do you think Zo wound up with a bad kidney?

4. csnerd84

csnerd84 Member

According to chron @ http://blogs.chron.com/nba/2009/02/the_mcgrady_question_and_a_roc.html

It has been reported that T-Mac is going to have micro fracture surgery, is that true?

(Rockets will not comment. They were stunned with the report. That doesn't mean it is not true, at all, only that they had no heads up that he was talking to Stephen A. The fact that they will not tell me even without comment leads me to believe that they have not heard anything that definitive from doctors. They certainly cannot believe that is not where it will end up. -- Jonathan)

5. 3rdRingsAComin

I think this is going to be the end of his career, Allan Houston was done after microfracture surgery and Amare is really the only successful case of someone coming back from micro. We might have see T-Mac play his last game.

If he does come back it wont be with us. A year from now he will be getting close and we will already be moved on(hopefully).

6. Rocketrock

Rocketrock Member

Is this a move by tracy to prevent from being traded?

Call me stupid if you want.

It's just weird to me. Usually you need a second opion when the team doctor said you need a surgery not that you're fine.

Also, since his knee has been hurting before,there must be tons of examinations done yet none said a surgery was necessary.

Meanwhile it's weird time (near trade deadline) to announce surgery because days ago,he's still saying that he want to play through it.

My wild guess: he found out that this team is ready to dump him so he dumped the team first with his option.

My suggestion to tracy: sign with your favorite baseball team as you wished long time ago and rocket can move on with other players.

7. Landlord Landry

dude, it is NOT 'splattered' all over their front page. it's still below the Arod story, and espn totally botches stories like this quite often.

8. BornRedIn87

BornRedIn87 Member

And what had this Rockets team shown you with Tmac that led you to believe that they were in prime mode to make a run at a ring?

In 2 weeks I want to see everyones reaction. My thought is that this team will rally around its remaining members and build up some team chemistry as it did last year with Yao's injury. In no way do i believe that we are a champ. contender....BUT IT NEVER HURTS TO DREAM

9. worzel gummidge

Also releasing such news before the trade deadline actually passes hurts the Rockets even if they're trying to a smaller deal not involving McGrady.

10. 3rdRingsAComin

So you think he wants to go through a year plus rehab just to stick it to the Rockets instead of going to New Jersey?

11. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

amare needed ONE WHOLE NBA SEASON before regaining his all-star form.

so i expect tracy to miss ALL OF NEXT YEAR too (for whatever team he plays for) before coming back. he'll be a good role player by then. he's not 23/24 like amare when having this surgery.

12. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

What I don't get is why was Les Alexander saying Tmac in the playoffs is great, Did he not know Tmac was going to be done for the year? :confused:

13. declan32001

declan32001 Member

TMac shutting it down isn't surprising, and I'm glad it's happening. But does anyone else think Les & the Rockets were outside the loop on this? Whatever TMac's doing he's making everyone look bad.

14. Shaud

Shaud Member

I have never seen a situation with so much drama and uncertainty.

15. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

It has been reported that T-Mac is going to have micro fracture surgery, is that true?

(Rockets will not comment. They were stunned with the report. That doesn't mean it is not true, at all, only that they had no heads up that he was talking to Stephen A. The fact that they will not tell me even without comment leads me to believe that they have not heard anything that definitive from doctors. They certainly cannot believe that is not where it will end up. -- Jonathan)

from feign's blog

i think they just need to make sure from the doctors before announcing it.

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

WTH is going on...Tmac and his drama this crap needs to be cleared up before the next game.

17. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Here is a list of the people in the NBA that had the microfracture surgery and how long they were out, stats etc.

Looks like a lot of players have had it but being younger does help.

http://www.sonicscentral.com/microfracture.html

18. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

Or he just likes the drama and to be the center of attention. It is NY, media mecca of the states if not the world.

19. BossRolen

BossRolen Member

Agrreeeeeeeeed

20. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

ok i dont understand...when he had his MRI that nothing was wrong....why would he even need surgery if the MRI came back good