1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tracy McGrady will be working out with the Chicago Bulls next Monday

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TracyMcgradyMVP, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Asian Sensation

LOL this picture is so funny.

Mcgrady is.....

A) lucid dreaming about passing the first round.
    B) wounded from multiple gun shot wounds.
    C) knocked out from a concussion with spinal damage
    D) pretending he's dead from a back injury

Even the guy pushing him has an expression like "WTF are you serious with this *****?"

2. DontTradeOswalt

Well you know what they say about Knee-Mac....

[​IMG]

Sorry Tracy

3. OvenproofBadger

Wait, Tmac owes us a lot? I think us fans owe him alot for the great things he brought to Houston, remember that, he did sum great things, and the team just came up short. Dont let the stories of recent times in the media cloud your judgement on Mcgrady

4. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Why would we owe him anything??? Tmac fans are ridiculous sometimes.

5. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

I'm shocked he hasn't mentioned Orlando. He said if it wasn't for the GM he would have never considered wanting to be traded. IDK but his family is there and Vince is there.

I remember in an article he said he wouldn't mind going back there. Hmmmm Idk but to this point I think he is just one confused man. Athletes that come off major surgeries always seem to be in doubt about certain things.

Maybe he has something left maybe he doesn't but at this point maybe its denial. The ball is in his court. If he wants to really go to a contender he will put on the best workout he can possibly have.

6. mofuggin_OG

mofuggin_OG Member

t-mac did everything he could in the playoffs
    2004 he brought up top 5 stats of the whole league against the mavs---bad luck
    2005 refs called against us, donaghy already admitted it. t-mac was again a hell of a beast
    2006 yao down, t-mac down
    2007 yao and mac killed the jazz dont know what happenned there :eek:
    2008 yao down, t-mac plays with knee and shoulder injury and still puts up top 5 like stats, rockets lose with a roster of alston,juwan howard bonzi wells bla bla
    2009 injured because he played through all the injuries in the playoffs
    2010 haters everywhere

im really more mad at yao than at t-mac. everyone talks about that yao is a warrior bla bla, but none talks about t-mac playing with all the injuries...

7. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

Ur pretty much right. Tmac played great when healthy while here. People are too quick to judge the man because of injury, but then sympathize with Yao. I always thought that each played better when one was injured and they never got a chance to play great together. Its definatley not all Tmac's fault. However, I cant defend that hoe move he pulled before the trade deadline.

8. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

godspeed tracy mclady

9. mofuggin_OG

mofuggin_OG Member

but at least his bi*ch move brought us into a better position
    we could've been jinxed with carter...instead we got jordan hill,k-mart and two picks ;)
    we lost landry though, my fav rockets. but he was overhyped sometimes...he is replaceable :)

1 person likes this.
  10. clos4life

clos4life Member

T-Mac, diva or not, gave it all he could while he was here until the Jamario dunk.. At times he was amazing. I don't hate the guy, may God bless him wherever he goes. He is not a bad person he just doesn't have the Jordan/Kobe gene in him, that's all. Most people don't either. I wish more people realized this and instead of giving him crap about not being an all-time great would just look at good things he has done like the Darfur trip he took and documentary he did about it.

11. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

@TheReal_TMAC

Clippers, Lakers, Bulls, Heat

12. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Why is he mentioning the Lakers and Heat? Have they even responded to his phone calls?

13. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

:grin: I LOL'd

14. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

EXACTLY between him and Yao, i feel like the last 3 years of their careers were pointless, and if they were to return at half of that would be disappointing. When players get older, over time you see them regress. With Yao and Tmac, especially with Tmac, we didn't see him regress overtime, rather after surgeries and numerous injuries it appears his body had just given up.

15. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

Pretty sure the Lakers had interest, jerry west had said he was interested abt a month ago.

16. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

This has gotta be his last stint. I dont know how he comes back for another season after this.

If I were him, I'd only consider teams that have championship ambitions: celtics, heat, lakers, mavs, and orlando. He'd be a major upgrade over Vince for Orlando....maybe not always, but late in the game and in the playoffs he's far more clutch.

17. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

get some facts straight

how do you list 2004 and 2005 as separate years when they were actually the same season?

2005- after coming home up 2-0 plays relaxed and without the same edge in games 1-2...commits a stupid silly turnover off of a missed free throw in game 3 which could have changed the outcome of the game at the end of the game

2007 - what happened here was "mac" got tired in game 7 and basically quit instead of manning up for 5 more minutes and changing his image..he took the easy way out again

2008 juwan howard and bonzi wells werent even on the roster they were long traded and he had much better players around him even with Yao out but he refused to play within Adelman's system and the team suffered.

2009 never rehabbed properly or took it serious opting to be out in cancun and vegas instead of being in the gym..held the team hostage but saying when he would play and wouldnt..sabotaged trades that would have made the TEAM better

2010- he was dead to the team after his drama in 2009 so i guess we're haters for getting made at the guy who is supposed to be the best player on the team, getting paid as the best player but instead of doing his job properly he does what he wants and cries about it. i know sports is a different environment than any other job but its ridiculous how coddled these players are and when fans, owners and teammates expect them to do their job and put in the work needed to justify their pay - we get labeled at haters. you think there would be as many haters if he went about his work ethic properly? Look at Yao that guy has been injured just as much if not more as mcgrady but he puts in all the hard work and is a model teammate, it sucks he is out and it hurts as a fan but there isn't anyone hating him for that because he does what he can to try to be as ready as possible to be back on the court.

you want to talk about playoff stats?

2005 - Mavericks 4 - Rockets 3 (after being up 2-0 coming HOME)
    2007 - Jazz 4 Rockets 3 (after being up 2-0 and having game 7 at home)
    2008 - Jazz 4 Rockets 2 (probably the only playoff series that i give him a break on since Yao was out)
    2009 - Oh wait he didnt play what happened then?
    Rockets 4 - Blazers 2
    Lakers 4- Rockets 3

so overall Rockets were 8-12 in playoff games with tmac and 7-6 in games playoff games without him.

He has no one to blame but himself people cite roster but if the roster was good enough to go up 2-0 it was good enough to win another two games in the series, especially the dallas one when they were up 2-0 coming home i think only in the history of the NBA a team has lost a 2-0 lead coming home like 3-4 times.

the guy is done as a star he should be able to excel as a role player but i doubt his ego will let him

the guy never has handled pressure well on the court and never put in the hard work needed for his team, only put in hard work when it came to $. he wants all the credit and none of the blame but wont put in the work to earn the credit. the guy is not all at a leader, but a follower but in his head he feels he is a leader.

1 person likes this.
  18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

You may have me on ignore, but this was an OUTSTANDING POST !!!!

DD

19. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I don't think its that easy to say that. That year, the roster theory can be a valid point. We had the chemistry but the talent was not there. That team pales in comparison to the talent on the team that made it past Round 1. Yes, believe it or not, it is a team game. Take a look at Game 7 agian. Both T-Mac and Yao showed up. But Dallas blew us out by letting those two do their thing and shutting down all our role players. Honestly, the first season we had T-Mac, was his finest. After that year, his body couldn't hold up and his career pretty much snow balled from that.

1 person likes this.
  20. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Why would the Rockets owe Tmac? Because he played well? He was paid like a top player. That's the agreement, that's the contract. He didn't do it out of charity. He didn't do anything above and beyond. We don't have a title. We didn't even get out of the first round.

Technically Tmac was injured so he couldn't play and those are the risks to an organization's payroll. Technically, ok, he doesn't owe the Rockets.

But Tmac had to rehab his way which was inevitably detrimental to his comeback, wanted to schedule his own playing time, and he did quit a few times. The reality is if anyone owes anything it's Tmac to the Rockets. But I don't want to beat a dead horse. I think we'll call it even.

1 person likes this.