1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tracy McGrady says Carmelo Anthony should go to the Bulls

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dogtag, Jun 23, 2014.

1. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

it doesn't mean he hates the Rockets just because he doesn't say to join them

gee people over react

2. Asian Sensation

He's actually right for once. I swear Melo is not the answer for us. I don't know why 90% of this board wants him so bad.

3. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Reminds me of:

Only to make the comparison more accurate Noah would have to have some kind of injury worry, too.

4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Translation: "Join the Bulls, the Rockets are taking Lebron."

5. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

LMAO i swear some of yall are bat **** crazy. Did TMac become a soothsayer or something?! Like wtf? When did he have some power to dictate where others would be going? I'm sure Melo was on the fence and then all of a sudden the mighty Tmac spoke and Melo had an epiphany.

T-Mac, nor anyone else does not have to do anything for us. These are grown ass men with opinions. Somebody asked him and he said "goto chicago'. But somehow yall take it as that was "***** Houston i hope the city will drown in a hurricane" Seriously guys? Isn't this the same T-Mac that you guys booed out the building when he came back to Houston? Now we expect him to bat for us? Dude ain't even a real rockets legend.

Lets wrap it up folks. Don't even try. Just send a limo to NY to pickup Melo and take him to Chicago because hes clearly going to Chicago now since Tmac Corleone has spoken.

6. JLFan

JLFan Rookie

Because after getting taking out in the first round by Portland the forum fans hand gotten desperate and think without rationale. Even people like Melo with his infamous ISo plays and lack of D start to look good to Rocket fans. I also have no idea how so the site will be distributed amongst the team as every all star player Errol want to pad their starts l stats. Who is the lake duck in the 3? Wisher it is, he will not be happy and will just not play D

7. solid

solid Contributing Member

You are on target as usual. TMac has a penchant for saying the wrong thing at the wrong time. He has been that way for years. And he joins the minions of ex-Rockets that diss the organization at every opportunity. There has to be a reason for that.

8. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

<iframe src="http://player.theplatform.com/p/VHZQDC/bulls/embed/select/ZFIbmSsUejwt" width="600" height="338" frameborder="0" seamless="seamless" allowfullscreen>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

Those we're all good guesses, but in reality it's a woman's parachute! McLady bailed on us. He has a right to his opinion, but some things are best left unsaid, especially if it's going against the hand that fed you!

9. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

I'm not wearing Rockets glasses, I'm just smart enough to know that the Bulls would have to cut many of those players in order to add Anthony. And they're one Rose injury away from being the New York Knicks. So how is that a better fit I'm curious.

10. RocksMillenium

11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

The replies are hilarious. People here turn on ex-players just because they speak their mind and it happens to not be pro-Rockets, same with the Yao comments about the Spurs beating Rockets in a playoff series.

Get a grip, being a former player of a team doesn't mean you are not allowed to speak your mind or say something positive about any other team. People here seem to think ex-Rocket players have to praise and rep the organization at every cost.

12. RocksMillenium

Like I said in another post, he also was picking the Rockets to lose to the Lakers while he was a member of the Rockets (the year he got injured) and doing it publicly. Could you imagine Kobe publicly stating that the Lakers would lose to the Spurs the year he was hurt? McGrady may not "hate" the Rockets, but he doesn't exactly do things to inspire the Rockets. So no it's not overreacting, his opinion really means nothing to me and most Rockets fans. And just like he's entitled to his opinion you and others seem to forget that we are also entitled to OUR opinions. I think people forget that when defending someone.

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He's Stephen A Smith's friend who said this famous line

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/hk__kWf2kXQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"IF WE DON'T GET OUT OF THE FIRST ROUND, IT'S ON ME!"

Stephen A Smith"WAIT A MINUTE!!!"

"IF WE DON'T GET OUT OF THE FIRST ROUND THIS YEAR, IT'S ON ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with you.

We all know Tracy McGrady never cared about the Rockets now and he never cared about the Rockets when he played.

1 person likes this.
  15. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

and JVG dispatches the backless stool!

I really wish there was a gif of JVG dispatching a backless stool, just for moments like these.

16. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I honestly don't know if Melo would work here or not(I lean towards the latter), but I agree that he's a better fit in Chicago. Yes, Derrick Rose's health is a concern. But let's compare the two teams:

1) Better franchise - They've got 6 titles to our 2. They've also been further in the playoffs than we've been recently, including getting within 3 wins of the Finals in 2011. The Rockets are nothing but first round fodder.

2) Better coaching - Thibs vs. McHale. Do I even have to elaborate on this one?

3) Bigger market - Like the coaching, this one's self-explanatory.

4) Have D, need O - Melo gives an already great defensive team additional scoring which is what they desperately lack. The Rockets are the polar opposite of the Bulls.

The only advantage the Rockets currently have is they have 2 superstars who are healthy. And even that isn't necessarily a positive since one of those stars is James Harden who needs the ball and lots of shots in order to be effective. If I'm Melo, I stay in New York for the money or go to Chicago for a shot at the title.

17. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Tracy mcgrady is a squid.

18. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

People have way to much hope in Rose knees. Man is only 25 and had two major knee injuries. Overall, I'll say it's better on paper for Melo to go to Bulls. However, you can't over look what we have here in Houston.

19. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

I agree. So that Lebron can come to HOU.

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Thanks, solid. One has to wonder if McGrady is simply that stupid. Better to not open your mouth, than to make a comment sure to tick off not only thousands of fans of the Rockets, but also the organization. Watching McGrady score 13 points in 33 seconds against a great team remains one of the most exciting moments I've experienced as a fan of the Rockets, but moments like these cloud those memories unnecessarily. Tracy could take a lesson from Hakeem. Dream has never been one to run at the mouth about anything.

Quiet dignity is highly underrated.