1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tracy McGrady: Rockets don't need a roster change, they need a coaching change.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rasheed, May 29, 2019.

1. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

As special as James is, he comes into every season out of shape and takes a solid 15 to 20 games before he gets going. A better coach might instill more discipline, but I am skeptical.

The real reason for a coaching change would be to change our style of play, which is needed as much, if not more, than holding James accountable. I have no problem relying on 3s and layups, but James ballhogging and inability to play within a system makes it virtually impossible on the rest of the roster to contribute outside of jacking up late shot clock attempts or go one on one when James is tired. We have also regressed considerably in our fast break capabilities which was once a strength of this team.

As I said in the other thread, it is time to look in the mirror with brutal honesty. That means everyone is on the table for the right price, including James, even if finding deals for him is less likely than others.

2. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

TMac criticism of someone's inability to win a championship just can't be taken seriously. Sorry.

Ramo$e and Richie_Rich like this.
  3. kyle7758521

kyle7758521 Member

not every 3-1 lead turned out into victory in NBA, don't use it to like a tag for Tmac. sounds like that's the only thing you have got. I know Tmac had no playoff advancing, but for every playoff game, he played better and increased his game during the playoff games. But JH does have his nickname "playoff JH". We needs JH to show up, when did he? You think the teammates of Tmac had better or even equal talent as JH had?

4. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I have to agree with Tmac on this one. Some tweaks need to be made with the roster but a coaching and team philosophy needs adjustment. James Harden does not need to be placed on a pedestal.

LosPollosHermanos and Maxgx like this.
  5. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Just not true at all. Plus TMac ran his mouth to the media about what he was going to do in the playoffs. Couple that with the fact that Harden might have been a better defender than TMac was at the end of his time with the Rockets. (he was bad). TMac just needs to stop. He shouldn't throw stones ay anyone.

6. riko

riko Member

This is rich coming from him

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Ran his mouth as a 'Raptor legend'.

8. riko

riko Member

It’s an insult to humanity to even put that quitter on Hardens stratosphere

Richie_Rich likes this.
  9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

MAN! We still rolling this narrative out?

[​IMG]

Rocket River

Blurr#7, jordnnnn, Denovo and 2 others like this.
  10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Funny thing
    That offense came EQUALLY (NOT CLOSER) as close to a Finals as the one we just ran

Rocket River

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

The quitter foisted himself there with the comments that inspired this thread, yeah.

Some people really have no self-awareness.

12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

where were you when Thanos rocked up?

13. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

TMAC is playoffs loser doesnt mean his words are not true.

14. Rox11

Rox11 Member

He’s somewhat correct. The style is what failed them. Bring back the midrange only for cp and James.

ak99999 likes this.
  15. biff17

biff17 Member

When a team has a 3-1 they won +90% it definitely is a tag for T Mac no that's not the only thing I have he also has never been to the 2nd round of the playoffs, he also quit on his team.

Yes T Mac had equal talent he had a ball of fame player in his prime on those teams.

16. theoldblood

theoldblood Member

I agree with T-mac on this one. If you think trading Harden right now is acceptable, then lol at this board.

17. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tmac needs someone to hold him accountable for quitting on a team

18. mockster

mockster Member

Because life isn’t fair, T-Mac was a more then capable player and the only guy that had a Kobe like game. He always played very well.

It’s not excuses it’s just the reality, check the dudes numbers in the playoffs it wasn't because he played bad?.

Why did harden blow a 3-2 lead to warriors last year?. Was it cuz lack of skill and trying?. You can make silly points every where for everybody. If you don’t win a championship quiete frankly none of it matters anyway.

And just FYI McGrady has practically averaged 30 points per game his whole short playoff career

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah, and you had the same excuses - not sure why you get so butt hurt over folks asking Harden to improve in his weakest areas.....I mean even Dream improved.

I would love Harden to either have a 2 -1 Assist to turnover ratio or play more off the ball.

DD

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I'm surprised tmac hasn't been hired by a savvy front office

jordnnnn likes this.