1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tracy McGrady: Making Most of Minimal Minutes, Aiming to Prove Worth

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketMadness, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Chiron

Chiron Member

For a guy that cried like a little b**** that he needs to play...he sure is showing that he deserved to play with the numbers he's putting up. But, lets see after 7 games as the coach planned.

2. Chiron

Chiron Member

Welcome sunshine!

3. t-mac_#3_SG

t-mac_#3_SG Member

You're missing the point. The point of playing t-mac right now is not that he can help us win, but he
    will later if we get him back into game shape. If you sit him, you're not helping neither him, nor
    the team. RA is trying to get McGrady back into game shape, and help him fit in with the new team,
    so that he can actually be of help. You're acting like he has always been used to playing with this
    kind of team, in this kind of system, and he is alright. no, he's not in game shape yet, and he's not used
    to this system and this team. We have to get t-mac into game shape, and then you'll actually see results.

4. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

The problem is that if he isn't helping (or at least not hurting you) right now you have a lot to lose. This team's margin for error is razor thin. If making the playoffs is the goal then it's going to be tough and damn near impossible if even one player isn't pulling his weight (even in short minutes).

I think McGrady is a neutral factor right now and I'm down with letting him continue to play and earn more minutes BUT if he starts hurting the team you can't risk losing games now in the hopes that he will help later on. There may not be a later on (playoffs) if he costs us games now.

5. abc2007

abc2007 Member

6. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

Let me school you real quick.... When your playing good and doing a damn good job everyone loves u... But when your playing horrible like tmac did last season everyone is gonna treat u like garbage and the media is gonna dog you

7. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Well... yeah. If his minutes don't increase after several games, then he has reason to complain... Unless he's really still just not playing well at all.

8. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

9. redao

redao Member

That's already Battier like stats ......TAMC is doing ok, I guess.

10. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Oh come on. You got to be kidding me. Can you judge a guy (espoecially looking at his stats) when he has played 4x8 minutes?

11. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Lets go Baylor! That is all.

12. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

I like how DD thinks we can't afford to give Tmac minutes as if the Rockets are going to win a championship. Bottom line is with his salary he has to get some minutes right now to prove himself useful. He might be traded or not but there is more to gain in giving him a chance. He is not playing that many minutes nor is he taking shots away from anyone so I do not see the point. If you want him traded then he is going to have to play.

13. Rockets9495

Rockets9495 Contributing Member

the minutes has something to do with the insurance

14. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Yeah, but let's list Battier's intangibles and Tracy's and see which we prefer.

15. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Blasphemy! The Rockets are going to win a championship every year. If you disagree, you're not a fanatic, you're a reasonable person who enjoys cheering for the Rockets.

16. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Im at a loss for words.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

That is because you are one of the T-women.

:grin:

DD

18. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

I guess so but its just hard to figure you out sometimes. One min. you want him traded you don't think he fits the offense then now your hoping he does well. One min you couldn't stand Chase when the Rockets drafted him now your on his bandwagon. MAKE UP YOUR MIND WOULD YOU.

Artest and McGrady can't mesh together one of them has to go. Artest is gone yet you still believe McGrady has to leave. I'm just curious. What do you think the Rockets can actually get for him... Please all i ask you to do is be realistic. Think both sides.

19. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Quick Question...

People say T-Mac needs to improve his numbers.. T-Mac isnt pullin his weight

btw its only 8mins a game, after missing almost a year

But Ariza can be the most ineffiecent player in the league? Why can't we let T-Mac take a few of those shots? Let T-Mac create for others instead of Ariza trying to create for himsef?

And if you've every played organized ball, you know its hard to get into rythm in only 8mins of play. And plus you guys want him to play within the system, but bash his numbers... Somethings just dont make any sense

20. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

I'll answer that for you.... Micro-fracture surgery. Real deal buddy. This isn't a video game where your player is 100% right away. Adelman learned his lesson with Chris Webber.

McGrady is playing 8 mins a game. There is only but so much he can do. The season is still kind of young. Its gonna take time. Don't want to give him heavy mins and then have a Chris Webber part 2 situation.