1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tracy McGrady makes Hall of Fame on April Fool's Day (Rudy snubbed again)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Apr 1, 2017.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I get the narrative but you have to say it was not for his talent level that was not enough for the 2nd or 3rd rounds.

He still came up with stats in game 6s and 7s.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Notice, no Spurs jersey...

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

These are facts.

Yung-T, roslolian and Snow Villiers like this.
  4. roslolian

roslolian Member

Wasn't tmac part of the squad (injured) when the Rox reached the 2nd round? Also he was part of the Spurs roster when they had a playoff run.

Technically he has been to the 2nd round. If you wsnt technicalities, Yao also wasn't in the active roster since he got injured on last game of the 1st round.

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

Why? Jordan quit on bball to play baseball, then came back after he sucked. Whats obscene about that? And then he quit again after 3 more years, thats obscene too? Then came back again as a wiz before retiring again so thats obscene again?

6. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Fitting Yao and Tmac both are in the HOF.

7. Nook

Nook Member

I feel like I should care that McGrady made the Hall of Fame. He was one of the 3-5 most physically gifted players I have seen. He was a very good player and he was a Rocket for years..... yet I find myself not really caring about Tracy McGrady making the Hall of Fame and don't really view him as an all time Rocket great.

AntiSonic and Richie_Rich like this.
  8. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

The basketball hall of fame is a joke. I'm pretty sure I'm in it based off of my one year of varsity ball in HS, but I haven't checked yet.

Invisible Fan, red and Rocket River like this.
  9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Speaks volume that the only time his team advanced was when he was riding the pine.

10. tmac

tmac Contributing Member

Congratulations to him. Didn't have the team success we hoped for, unfortunately.

Rox11 likes this.
  11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Jordan retired. He didnt quit while on the court.

Big difference. lulz....

AntiSonic and Richie_Rich like this.
  12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

That's because he retired from the game? You're also talking about the most individually successful and greatest player the game has seen. The fact that he was the most intense, team result focused player adds even more insult. To compare that to T-Mac indicates a very poor grasp on the english language or a complete inability to make appropriate analogies.

Richie_Rich and Zboy like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It was a borderline quitting you would call it.

Of course you could turn the narrative with players you dislike as quitting and players you adore as "temporarily, gracefully leaving the game".

You, hypocrites are hilarious.

Borneoman likes this.
  14. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Just stop. You McGrady apologists are embarrassing yourselves just like he embarrassed himself.

This is quitting....

Tracy McGrady just quit on his teammtes while in a game. He was pathetic.

Jordan left the game to pursue something else. No shame in that. When Jordan was on the court, he gave his all, even when he was an old man.

The fact that you McGrady apologists would even compare the two shows how desperate you guys have become to salvage his tarnished legacy.

AntiSonic, Jake Tower and Richie_Rich like this.
  15. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

Idk, helping the team make it to the WCF. Missing like 1 game the last 3 seasons. He's also played more games as a Rocket than McGrady. Yes, McGrady has more career highlights and great moments...but ultimately that's all they were, moments.

Again, McGrady was a great player, but his jersey should not be retired.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hilarious. You must be living under a rock while being out.

There are no apologists. He retired. He got into the HOF. He became an analyst.

End of story.

We talk mainly about the Rockets and this season while having our fun with one dimensional views like yours.

If you call this quitting then you should also call everything else quitting too. Jordan, and the greats included. That is just being fair.

No difference in front of God.

And mind you, we write the year 2017, and it is not a hipster thing to talk about McGrady and quitting any longer.

RCPM, Dopamine and Rox11 like this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

Stop it man...this is ridiculous. T-Mac did not play a single second in those 09 playoffs, he wasn't a part of ****. T-Mac played like 3 minutes of garbage time in the playoffs when he was with the Spurs, he was irrelevant.

Richie_Rich and Zboy like this.
  18. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Says there are no apologists...

Keeps apologizing..

lulz...

19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

LOL! roslalian and daywalker are on a roll....

This is McGrady during that Spurs run....

[​IMG]

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

What standout moments did Ariza have during that WCF run that could come close to any of T-Mac's best performances? McGrady had the much more memorable Rockets career.

13 points in 35 seconds, the dunk on Bradley, the 22 game win streak...those are things that are still talked about to this day...Ariza has no such moments and never will