1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tracy McGrady: CP3 wanted more movement out of James Harden. Harden didn't budge.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rasheed, May 31, 2019.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Or he can just improve his odd quirks which means Harden has to have some level of introspection which I hope he has because sometimes I doubt it due to how many times he says "I'm going to play my way, no one is going to change that".

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  2. HP3

HP3 Member

Who are we talking about?

3. fchowd0311

The Rockets could have lost to a more talented team and Harden could show some disturbing quirks in a legacy defining game that can worry fans. They are not mutually exclusive notions.

And you are venting your anger based on a false premise you are replying to that strawmans the argument that we want to trade him. We don't. There are a select few posters who suggest this.

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  4. HP3

HP3 Member

Klay can create his own shot at the very least, same with Durant. And thats what I mean.

Cp3 didnt have any problem with it last year when we won sixty plus games. And barely lost when him, harden and capela were in. Cp wants harden to move now because he can get it done like that anymore. Which is fine but dont act like Harden being gassed from doing almost everything wasnt a factor. I love Cp but lets not act like Harden was the reason he performed poorly.

You and I both know Draymond is more than just playmaking ok?

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Except Klay can't create his own shot that well. He moves off ball well which is sort of creating but he doesn't create with the ball in his hands. Draymond can handle and pass but he's not creating for himself because he's a bad shooter. Without Curry they are like a .500 team.

Also Gordon creates for himself better than Klay or green do. Gordon is actually better in our system because he can iso.

Also last year the offense vs Golden State was just bad. The defense is what almost won it

6. Texanstradamus

You know they ignore when harden goes ghost in important games

7. HP3

HP3 Member

LOL the Rockets could have a more talented team an we could win it all. All while having his so called "flaws" of yours.

No but your crticisms are always ALWAYS ALWAYS directed at offense and Harden. You come off as super bias, and not evaluating a whole other side of basketball(defense) especially when it was the main problem is a frustrating.

8. fchowd0311

If you compare our regular season success compared to the Warriors series, we dropped more in offensive efficiency than defensive efficiency.

Also, the popular narrative in this thread is blame is on all besides Harden. I don't feel it is necessary to contribute to the circle jerk.

9. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Remeber we should have won game 1, we were robbed by the refs ...changes the whole series....no one would be talking about moving paul or Dantoni....Klay fouled Harden on the three point line three freaking times 9 pts ....uncalled for...

10. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

tl;dr next year is gonna be the Dwightmare 2.0 year where awkward tensions causes D'antoni to get fired 1 month into the season and we barely get into the playoffs.

Morey/Tilman better be serious about blowing it up and trading Cp3/Cap this summer or it's going to backfire real hard when we #runitback with all this animosity in the locker-room.

11. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

TMac is trying to rewrite history when he didn't move without the ball, didn't play defense, didn't get out of the 1st round and announced a season ending surgery without the Rockets knowledge.

TMac should really STFU.

Blurr#7 likes this.
  12. HP3

HP3 Member

He SURE DID AGAINST US DIDNT HE. What does that tell you....BAD defense. Yea that is isnt t, runnning and hitting shots off screen and being the second greatest shooter of all time kinda works funny that way. Yes but he can still make plays for others as well play DPOY defense AND he an actually hit layups decently. LOL, KD Draymond and Klay are more than that, dream on, for real.

Yea Gordon is an awesome player, but do you REALLY believe hes better than Klay or Draymond...ask yourself that. Than ask every resepctable analyst/journalist in basketball and see what they say.

Sure, but it was the offense this year, and GS is just a bad matchup for us cause they switch just like we do. Our offense was good for the most part in the POs. We beat the Wolves and the Jazz(who will make any offense look worse) handedly.

This is not a good argument. Everyone's offensive efficiency drops in the POs. You need to defense and rebounding to win championships, we did not have it this year. We should focus on that more.

13. HP3

HP3 Member

That is not the popular opinion on here, are you kidding me, its very split if anything. Also...GS coasts in the regular season especially on defense.

14. fchowd0311

A lot of our defensive rebounding problems stem from our superstar who sees the most minutes on the court refusing to ever fight through screens thus we had to design an entire defensive scheme to hide that problem leaving many of our better rebounders outside in the 3 pt area guarding guards.

I believe in a smart switch defense amongst capable defenders that doesn't compromise our defensive rebounding, not a switch every time Harden is guarding because he's too lazy to move his feet and sometimes fight through screens defensive scheme.

15. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

You're right. He's our problem.
    Let's trade him and win the title next year.
    Who are we getting?

16. HP3

HP3 Member

Got any film to back this up? I dont think you do. And ive never heard anyone every say this. We designed this scheme for the Warriors, not to hide Harden, that is ridiculous.

Harden is not that good at fighting over screens but again the swtich scheme I REPEAT is not to hide Harden. This comes off as super bias man.

17. fchowd0311

Do I have any film to back it up? Really? Harden has been with the Rockets for 7+ seasons now and you still haven't picked up on Harden's inability to move his feet on defense and his desire to stay in one area of the half court on defense playing a psedo zone style defense?

Any objective Rockets fan easily sees this.

18. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

You really don’t like to argue with true comments. You and DD should hang out.

We were MORE switch happy last year than we were this year and we were 4th best in defensive rebound%.

We had much better rebounders last year. Defensive rebounding woes this season were not on our switching style.

Once again. Completely blame the strategy, well let’s be real...completely blame Harden and ignore that our rebounding talent compared to last year was weakened quite a bit.

19. Mr. Clutch

The offense was not good against the Jazz. Even including the first two games when they played that dumb defense the rockets ended up with only a 109 ortg for the series

Yes Klay is good in an offense that moves. Wouldn't be as good here because he can't drive like Gordon

20. Mr. Clutch

Pretty sure they abandoned switch every time this year because teams were targeting capela and also ariza was gone. But harden would still switch every time