1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Tracy McGrady Attended Shootaround

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Mar 29, 2009.

1. MisterPink

MisterPink Member

That's how I feel too.

One thing's for sure - Morey is going to closely examine all the angles, and I'm confident he'll turn Tracy into something useful for this team.

2. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

There's also the very real possibility that this yet another of your little BBS missions (does one of the D's stand for Don Quixote?) that nothing will sway you from. I'm glad Morey doesn't let his emotions get the best of his decision making process. McGrady is an asset. He could contribute to the team in the future either by playing or through a trade. If McGrady wants to be involved with the team, good.

1 person likes this.
  3. Shaud

Shaud Member

If the team is distracted by an injured player attending Shootaround then this team is not fit for the grind of the playoffs.

4. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

So he is going to dominate the ball and kill the motion offense while sitting on the sidelines in a protective boot?

You are getting paranoid, DD.

5. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

Didn't know TMac was living in Windy City since the surgery.

I guess that's because doctors are close to him there...

also nice news are also that he's doing upper body exercises.

wonder if he'll be ready for training camp

6. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Well said!

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Hate all you want, even if we make it past the 2nd round of the Playoffs this year, next year if nothing else changes at all(no brooks improvement, artest resigns, battier doesn't decline) and we add t-mac I would consider us to be championship contenders on the lakers' level.

8. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

I would hope so but you got to also consider that everyone is a year older. Bodies are breaking down.

9. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Good luck to him on his rehab. I think the organization was fully aware that he was going to make a visit at shoot around so its not like it should have come as a surprise to everyone. I agree with the other post who said it's not wise to burn bridges yet.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Hey Bmoney,

That is EXACTLY what I said.....SHEESH !!!

An interesting point....but Tmac has bad luck...he needs to sacrifice a chicken.....or talk to Joboo....and drink some rum....

Oh horse dung !!!!!!

I never said any of that....and if you think his teamates and management were not pissed off by the way he handled the announcemnt of his surgery or his lack of committment in rehab than you are living in your own fantasy world.

I don't hate the guy at all.....

I HATE HIS STYLE OF PLAY.....it is loser ball..........

I have always said that if he can come in and play within the team concept and move his butt off the ball then great...if not...then he should go.....

Nothing has changed.....it is still the same..

Personally, I hope the team trades him in the offseason, or he is healthy by training camp.

DD

#50 DaDakota, Mar 29, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
  11. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

It's DD... He only deals in extremes.

12. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Realities.....realities...not extremes...

Some people just don't want to believe their hero is flawed.

They will figure it out soon enough...they always come around.

And yes, I want him off this team in the worst way, he is an inefficient player......and is NOT a winner.

Meh, forget it....you guys will figure it out in time.....the best thing the Rockets could do is trade him to Indiana to keep them from going out of business for Granger and anyone else.

That would be the best way he could help the team win...

:D

DD

#52 DaDakota, Mar 29, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
  13. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

Touché.

14. Shaud

Shaud Member

Surely you don't believe in the bad luck/curse thing?

If that is the case then I guess Yao should sit out this playoffs since his 1st round track record is just like T-mac.

Or was that the plan last year? Yao wasn't really hurt, management thought he was a curse so they had him sit out.

15. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Of course I don't believe in luck......luck is when preperation meets opportunity.

Tmac has had tons of opportunities...hmmmm.....at least he is half way there.
    ;)

DD

16. Shaud

Shaud Member

And he's come up short but his past has nothing to do with this present team since he's not out there. Do you really think him showing up to a shootaround will distract a bunch of grown men getting paid to play basketball?

The word "cancer" is the most overused term in the history of Sports. And it is a cop out.

1 person likes this.
  17. DaDakota

Supporting Member

There are times when a player can absolutely be a cancer, and still be productive on the field.

Terrell Owens for example.

Tracy is not like that....

DD

18. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

In DD's world Maggette selfish style of play is superior McGradys :p

19. Shaud

Shaud Member

Well it seems like you think Tracy has been a cancer before this season too. Surely you don't think Tracy was not productive on the court before this season.

This season I will definitely agree he wasn't as productive as we needed him to be. But the seasons before that is reaching.Only the year where we missed the playoffs due to injuries to him and Yao can you say he wasn't productive enough.

20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Tracy McGrady has played his last game in a Houston Rockets uniform.