1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tracy in his hey day.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by T-mac&Yao=RING, May 16, 2008.

1. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

I said this before and I'll say it again when Tracy was with the Magic I believe he was the most talented player ever to pick up a basketball. Now in no way am I saying he was the best becasue hes far from that.

When I watch Tracy now sometimes its very hard becasue knowing what he could do and now he can't do because his body won't let him. Everyday I think what type of player would Tracy be now at the age of 29 if he didn't have any injuries in his career. It hurts me to see Kobe still at the top of his game while Tracy has falling way off, I mean when people talk about the best players in the game Tracy name is no where on the list.

So what do you think of Tracy where would he rank on your list as far as talent goes?

2. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

These kinds of threads alarm me. I'm more worried about what he's going to do next season than what he could of potentially been. That doesn't help the Rockets.

If he all of a sudden rewinds the clock next season I'll come back to this thread... till then, ciao. :cool:

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

so if you feel sorry about Tmac and his injuries messing up his potential, do you know the story of Ralph Sampson?

4. T-mac&Yao=RING

Yes it does.

5. tinman

Supporting Member

you know if there was no fall in boston, the clutch city thing would have started in the 80s.

oh well.

at least clutch city finally happened.

6. Bassem

Bassem Member

I think Tracy can definitely be just as good as he was before if he puts his mind to it. He's still young, and I believe that if he works hard then he can make it amongst the top once more. With a better team, he will work karder believe me. Look at his last game of the playoffs, he played like a superstar, which shows that he can still be a legit MVP candidate if he truly puts his mind to it.

7. T-mac&Yao=RING

Maybe who knows what would have happen.

8. T-mac&Yao=RING

But see heres the thing its not just his mind its also his body. When you look at some of Tracy's old videos and see how he attacked the rack and look at him now you can see that hes scare to hust his back.

9. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

man, Ralph was so talented. Better than KG and taller than him too! I hate when injuries happen to talented players.

10. ibm

ibm Member

gee, my wife used to be prettier when she's younger. and if we didn't have kids, her body would be in much better shape, too.

11. clos4life

clos4life Member

Sorry to hear man, mine became hotter. Even after having kids she still went back to her sexy self.

Now, it only T-Mac could be like that...

12. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

The large throng of Rockets fans in attendance was loud and boisterous throughout the 15-minute conference, with McGrady often shaking his head in amazement at the enthusiasm of the fans. "In my seven years, I have never seen anything like this," McGrady said in reference to his enthusiastic welcome. "I appreciate the love ... I'm just looking forward to something great happening in the city of Houston."

-T-Mac Trade 2004 Press Conference
    http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/Fans_Welcome_McGrady-113021-34.html

^Can anyone get these videos? I really wanna watch em again.

13. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Spoken like a man who never lets his wife visit the forum (which is how it should be, of course).

14. ibm

ibm Member

i think y'all know i wasn't literally talking about MY wife per se. i was just referring to the op's (and lot other mcgrady fans) mindset. if this, if that...

my wife is actually a big rockets and nba fan. and she's a die-hard mcgrady fan. she knows about this site too. she's just not as crazy as me and doesn't spend a lot of time on this board.

15. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

did you see how kobe played with a minor back spasm in game 4?

tmac has had the worst back spasms you got possible. it was so bad that he considered surgery several times but declined against it b/c it could have destroyed his career. although he has managed it, there are certain things that he cannot do in terms of aggressiveness for fear of just that one time that it coudl happen all over again.

he's still an elite player, but his level of over-confidence is not the same as it once was when he was in orlando. it's understandable. he wants to prolong his career.

16. GOAT

GOAT Member

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DsKBEf77kec&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DsKBEf77kec&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

back injury is a mofo

17. ekim

ekim Member

He had a lot of talents but not enough heart or luck...

18. SkipToMyLou22

SkipToMyLou22 Member

I'll agree with that, he definitely had a lot of TALENT and potential to become a lot better than what he is now, but I guess injures really screwed him over and he kind of lacks heart at times. Man just imagine what he could of been like if he didn't have so many injury problems? Especially with us lol.

Yeah Ralph Sampson totally got screwed, he was sooooo talented. Him and Olajuwon were the Twin Towers, atleast for awhile lol. I forget which game it was, I think it was the Conference Finals of like 86 or something, Ralph owned that game and his shot at the end was dam good. What happened to T-Mac hardly compares to him, Ralph only played good for a few seasons of his career then he just went down and his career ended early whereas T-Mac still played pretty good.

19. tinman

Supporting Member

what really happened was 80s medical staff < 2K medical staff. Ralph was seriously hurt in Boston and SHOULD HAVE NEVER played any more games for that season or even next. That compounded his injuries, hip, knee and that was it.

Like this year, if it were the 80s Yao would still be playing and we may go far, but it would have been over for Yao's career cause his foot injury would have reached a point of no return.

I'm thinking of all those early players could have used modern medical science, Bird, Magic (hey you can't spread HIV by playing hoops!).

20. bucket

bucket Member

I think he's maybe lost some of his explosiveness, but let's not get too wrapped up in the old highlight films. He's still creating and has the ability to take over the game at times, but now he plays like a great playmaker on a talented team, not a superstar who has to do everything himself.

His main issue right now (and it's something of a mystery to me) is that he has to find his jumpshot again. That's always been when he really dominates, when he can hit that jumper right in the face of his opponent, and they don't know whether to defend against the J or the drive.