1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tracy haters own up here

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jVgOwnsYou, Feb 11, 2009.

1. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

This thread is for anyone who has defamed mcgrady on this board by calling him selfish or weak for performing the way he has this season. Now that its come out that he has probaby been playing bone on bone, alot people owe Mcgrady an apology for defaming him by calling him heartless, weak, or whatever else it may be.

2. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

The guy is mentally weak and his drama queen antics were inexcusable. The knee's a separate issue from all of that. He could have been putting up 30/20 every night and he still would have been a distraction.

I know the guy's got his fan club around here but let's not rewrite history.

3. Ismail

Ismail Member

Let the MRI get confirmed, first. But if this is true, McGrady's performances in those triple-double games were insane, he deserves a lot of credit for that.

4. GMAC

GMAC Member

I dont think most people here understand that we are going NOWHERE without McGrady in the playoffs. They're cheering for this potentially career ending injury because they think Von Wafer is our savior.

5. jVgOwnsYou

What antics? Saying he was struggling to get lift off of his knee that had no cartilage?

6. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

How about saying that he was back and the knee was nearly 100% - how could that possibly have been the case :confused:

7. mms

mms Member

Those haters are pathetic.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Let's see what the final verdict is, but even if it is just a small spot on his knee, it could still end his career.

The doctors should seriously be looked at though, he saw THREE of them and they all said the same thing, he needed to strengthen his quad muscles.

But if he is bone on bone even if it is tiny......it could still be majorly painful.

I hope it is just a spot and a misread on the MRI.....but chances are they will scope him just to get a look if there is any doubt.

The team can still compete.

DD

9. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

When has a team ever gone anywhere with him?

10. apxn82

apxn82 Member

we've had him for 4 or 5 years now. Where have we gone?

11. Setuablaz3

Setuablaz3 Rookie

There is no reason for anyone to apologise to Tracy. I dont see a reason for another mac thread since all he'll get is bashing. He's said and done things that were never true or positive. He did say he will come back stronger, had his holidays n came back weaker.

I feel sorry for him and I hope he comes out a better man from this mess.

But make no mistakes this was all his undoing. You get what you deserve. Life is plain and simple.

12. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

Tracy hater checking in. No, I do not owe tracy an apology. i find this all kind of amusing, actually.

let me ask you a few questions: don't you think it is odd for a player who has routine MRIs on his legs, who has had this very knee looked at about 5 billion times by many experts in the field, who had his knee cleaned up over the summer (meaning there was a surgeon actually looking at the knee up close and personal), to all of a sudden find that a significant piece of his knee has gone missing? where did it go?

wait, theres more. this all is happening after he's coming off the worst game of his life? on a team that's dysfunctional and doesnt want him there?

wait, let's not forget that Tracy himself said his knee was fine.

and finally, and most importantly - even if this is remotely true and not a convenient way to shelve tracy and save him the embarassment of trying to play to any respectable standard this season, do you want to guess what one of the major potential consequences of not doing proper rehab on a knee is?

no apology from me.

13. DcProWLer277

DcProWLer277 Rookie

I have to own up, you were right all along. :rolleyes:

14. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Uuummm, NO!

Please if anything he owes us an apology for even stepping on the court with his fat, lazy, ****-eyed lookin ass! :rolleyes:

All you Tracy McGrady hatas please stand up!
    Please stand up!

:cool:

15. TiMacManiaa

TiMacManiaa Member

i was always behind mcgrady

Knew something was wrong...

tmac is not a quitter

**** the haters

he did so much for the rockets even tho we never succeed

16. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I might be wrong, but earlier in the season, weren't people screaming that Tracy should get an MRI but that he refused to get one? He should have gotten one earlier. It would have saved a lot of headaches an a lot of b****ing.

17. jVgOwnsYou

Yeh. So all of a sudden mcgrady is responsible for what the doctors have been telling him about his knee...."just play through it". They said that all season long. They didn't tell him to quit playing and focus on rehab. They said that he could play through the pain and it will get better. The doctors were wrong. For you to blame Mcgrady, that just shows how much of a hater you really are.

18. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

I just posted all this stuff in another thread. Let's examine the injury issue. He let the Rockets issue a press release stating that both of the doctors who examined him (including Andrews) had found no structural damage and were prescribing that he play himself back into shape--then he torpedoes that press release by taking himself out for two weeks. Then he comes back early. He takes himself out for one game out of every back to back. If he's injured then what purpose is served by taking himself in and out of the rotation? It's not going to help his knee and it threw the team for a loop. Yes, it's too bad that his knee may be messed up but his conduct was unprofessional.

Also--don't exaggerate. The report is that there is missing cartilage in his knee, not that there isn't any whatsoever. And we know that there was cartilage in his knee a few months ago when Andrews and others examined his MRI's.

19. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

wait, so the doctors made him say it was fine?

and no, you are wrong. they did tell him to quit playing and focus on rehab. multiple times.

he was also supposed to rehab this summer, but didnt.

so even if his knee miraculously decided to fall apart overnight, its still his fault.

20. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

That's awesome that your post ended in that!
    My vote post of the decade! ;)