1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Tracy, grow up pls!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TeamUSA, Mar 27, 2008.

1. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Their play per quarter is proportional to their overall game, just like McGrady's is. So I don't see what your point is.

Hahaha, are you kidding me??? AI is one of the cockiest bastards in the NBA.

"Practice??? I don't need no practice!" ~ AI

"I don't know no MVP that come off the bench. I don't know no All-Star starter that come off the bench. I don't know no two-time scoring leader that come off the bench." ~ AI

2. marciagong

marciagong Member

Cause he's been reading threads like this on this board lately. :D

3. GAY4WHO???

GAY4WHO??? Member

corey brewer has sucked on offense and defense this year so I dont know what your talking about...and this aint college...brewer is 6'8 or 6'9 and 170 soaking wet...that aint going to get it done against men

4. marciagong

marciagong Member

Sounds like something Battier would say.

5. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Well to be fair, I guess I was more replying to the guy that HE was replying to. The post he was replying to sounded like genuine hate.

Anyways, almost every shooter in the NBA is by definition very streaky. Novak is maybe a little better shooter, but he has more weaknesses, and is only very useful in small bursts at this point in his career.

6. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

Is it still advised if it went in? he had made his 3 previous shots, all of which were contested mid range jumpers. It makes sense to take an uncontested 3.

7. marciagong

marciagong Member

Is it me or does Tmac make more contested shots than open ones? ;)

8. TrailerMonkey

TrailerMonkey Member

Let Tmac say what he wants. Sure his comments can be a bit blunt at times and petulant at other times but we should be glad that the Rockets, in general, are unassuming guys w/o much ego. That's why Tmac can get away with it. And as long as he's happy, random comments about "imposing will" don't really amount to much in the bigger scheme of things.

9. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I'm guessing that he has all these standard answers for the media for every kind of situation. The season is extremely long and situations do kind of repeat themselves. I wouldn't be surprised if he had some kind of system for answering every type of question That being said, I doubt he's being arrogant or anything like that.

10. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

I wished he would "impose his will" more with the good teams.

11. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Tmac last 7 games:

4-16
    4-11
    6-21
    11-23
    11-31
    5-16
    9-2

50-120=0.417%

He's shooting 0.422% this month.

During the 13 games winning streaks last month, he averages .416! THis pretty much tell us the supporting casts been stepping up BIG time! Tmac shooting been terrible during the winning streaks. His assists went up.

12. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Since Yao is out, Tmac has been always doubled and even tribled all the time!

13. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

whethe ryou like it or not, it was his will that gave us 22 straight wins.

14. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

So are you telling me players like Lebron James, Kobe, AI ect. aren't getting the same treatment and racking in a very impressive FG Percentage?

15. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

You mean like when he got 41 and 9 against the Hornets?

... Or maybe you mean like how he got 47 against the Jazz?

I could go on, but why bother. Haters gotta hate.

16. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Who in the holy living hell cares what percentage they shoot?

We are winning more games than either of them, and we're doing it without arguably our best player. Tracy McGrady is a major reason for that. The guy has some of the most misleading individual statistics in the NBA... I have believed that for years.

17. GAY4WHO???

GAY4WHO??? Member

lol you could go on really??? you mentioned a game in the first weak and a recent game against the hornets...what about inbetween??? not much filling huh??

18. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Comprehension. Acquire it.

My point was that McGrady doesn't back away from good teams. He is just as likely to explode against a contender as he is against a bottom feeder.

19. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

Agreed. Besides, Luther has the ability to drive to the basket, Novak is more of a spot-up shooter, but in all honesty, I think he shoots better off the dribble.

Either way, I'm just voicing some frustration. I want to see Novak play more. We need to utilize his skills. He's a tremendous shooter. It's killing me seeing him on the bench when we're struggling from the outside.

20. abc2007

abc2007 Member

I remember Barkley said, he was so surprised, Mavs doubled Tmac, but they didn't double Kobe.

I also remember AI said, he is practicing 3-point shooting because he is getting more open look now.

People always say that James is the chosen one, and no one can touch him without a foul!

:D :D :D