1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tracy, grow up pls!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TeamUSA, Mar 27, 2008.

1. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

http://www.nba.com/games/20080326/MINHOU/recap.html

after missing most of his shots in the first 3 quarters, is he saying that he didn't impose his will early on the game? a mark of a loser!!!

2. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

You're going to get flamed, but I have to admit I cringe when I read that.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3q1kcftSGug&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3q1kcftSGug&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

3. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

4. SilentAssassin

Then go to another team's board then troll.

I don't get all of the T-Mac bashing? WTF??

:mad:

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

It's better that he does something in the 4th then not at all. But this "impose my will on the game" stuff is hard to take seriously.

6. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

T-Mac needs to acquire some better public speaking skills.

7. luisantonio1014

23 points and 9 dimes, and you guys still bash him.

8. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

What's all the fuss about? I've got no problem with what he said.

9. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Yeah. This is one where I can't defend Tmac in......when he says things like this. I don't he's trying to be arrogant intentionally but he just says these cliches that come out of his mouth without much thought.

I think there should be a stat on how many times he have said this "impose my will on the game" stuff though.

My guess: 10th time (as a Rocket) (?)

10. Astockmarketgod

LOL Tmac is a dumbass....

what he needs to do is go back to school when he retires....

11. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

He brought it in the 4th quarter, and that is all that matters. I believe that is what great players do. Anyone can stink it up for 3 quarters, but it takes greatness to turn it up in the 4th and take over. Not everyone can do that. Yeah, just forget the fact that he was rebounding and setting up his teammates during that time also. T-Mac does more than just scoring.

12. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

Uh........huh. What you said doesn't make sense.

13. jshabang

jshabang Member

me eithir....we been complaining about our best player stepping up and taking over and he did...........

what did he say so bad.....i like the spark.....just do it all the time t mac...not just one game against the lowly wolves.......

move along....nuthing to see here

14. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

23, 11, 9...

The guy has been on the verge of a triple double three or four times in the past few games, let him impose his will on whatever the hell he wants.

He says that all the time when he plays well and the Rockets win...you're acting as if this is the first time T-Mac has said something semi-controversial

and it wouldn't even be a big deal if you didn't bring it up...

15. bloop

bloop Member

are you serious with this post? are you really serious? the man is one blown layup away from a TRIPLE DOUBLE and you need to come cry about this?

for what it's worth listen to the entire quote in hilltopper's thread:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=145684

tmac ADMITS his shot wasn't falling in the 1st half and he ADMITS he needs to focus to start the game with that same intensity as in the 4th quarter.

can you at least take a breath and admit that tmac played a pretty good game for us? he was asked a question and he was only being honest everyone knows tmac is a "flow" player and when he talks about imposing his will he's basically talking about being in the zone.

16. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

23, 11, 9...

W

Imposed.

17. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Wish he could have imposed his way out of first round.

Two things about Tracy McGrady will never change.

1) His chucking of an ill-advised 3 pointer on a fast break.

2) His comments about "imposing will" whenever he has a good showing.

As a Rockets fan, you just have to live with it.

18. J-Tang

J-Tang Member

why are people so scared of "bashing" Tmac? He's been shooting horrible percentages (I don't care if he gets a triple double) and playing extremely inefficient and seems like he only shows up when he wants to as shown in above quote.

19. eMat

eMat Contributing Member

'Imposing his will' means that his jumpers were falling for a change. I wonder why he never says that he failed to impose his will.

I'm not criticizing him, he may very well be a bit reluctant with his shoulder and ankle but what he is saying basically is "I'm not trying my hardest".

If only he played every (or just every other) forth quarter like he did against the Bobcats in the 7th game of this season. I was truly amazed by that relentlessness he displayed.

20. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

Numbers don't mean everything.

TMac is as good as anyone in the game, but he is a lazy ass, frail man we all know that I think we should just come to expect him saying stupid stuff as well.

If only he'd "impose his will" vs. teams that aren't terrible instead of going invisible in the 4th.