1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tracy and the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MambaJoe, Jan 20, 2010.

1. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Many of you guys out there find every single way to bash on Tmac like every broadcaster finding ways to praised Lebron James. Well we can all say that the Tmac era is officially over but we just cannot say that he was a complete failure to this team. Here's why.

During the JVG reign with the Rockets, the Rockets were pretty much a terrible team. During the Yao and Steve Francis era, the Rockets were considered a mediocre team. It took them a few tries to finally make the playoffs but lost badly to the Lakers. A year later when the Rockets basically traded their all star guard along with a good shooting guard in Mobley for Tmac, the Rockets were automatically considered contenders.

The Rockets never made it out of the first round with Tmac. But everyone else on that Rockets roster during those playoffs failures should be blamed just as well. Tmac always take the bad rep for not being able to lured the Rockets out of the first round.

Well, Tracy and Yao were surrounded by players that just cannot contribute. During the JVG days, the Rockets believe that by having Tmac and Yao do most of the scoring and play great defense, the Rockets can beat anyone. But the problem is, we can play some great defense but sometimes when Tmac is doubled, Yao is fronted, the Rockets offense is stagnant. Playing good defense can only take you so far but it cannot win you championships.

I know everyone is saying our best player is suppose to will us to a win in the playoffs because Kobe, Wade, and Lebron does it all the time. Well Tmac is not them. People expect him to pull off a historic performance and when he doesn't, he gets bashed. Well, besides Wade, Lebron and Kobe, Tmac is the best we can get our hands on.

While most of us expect more out of him, he actually did very well. Tmac is the best player the Rockets can get. Besides those big three superstars, Tmac brings just as much as anyone else can bring to the Rockets basically.

This era with Tmac and Yao failed because any short comings of a championship is considered a failure. But watching Tmac over the years was a joy. The 22 win streak was amazing and historic which was lead by Tmac. I think that though we had our disappointments, we all enjoyed the Tmac and Yao era at its finest.

Injuries and case of bad luck, the Rockets always come up short. All the playoffs failure were not only Tmac's fault but everyone else that is on that team, including Yao. Tmac gets a bad rep for not taking the Rockets beyond the first round, Yao equally deserves much of the credit for that. It is sad that during the time when both players were great and healthy, the Rockets failed to surround them with good quality players. Until recently when Rick took over, the Rockets were beginning to take a different route. The Rockets were beginning to stack up with good players in Landry, Brooks, Scola, Lowry etc...

If only the Rockets had a good team like this a few years ago, they would have a better chance of winning it all. Most of the failures I wouldn't point it at the direction of Tmac and Yao, but I rather blame the organization at the time. What were they thinking that Yao and Tmac are enough to win big. Having two good players are not enough to win anything. Tmac is an all star player with a superstar talent, Yao is a good center in the Nba but not an all star quite yet.

Tracy McGrady era has ended and so has Yao. This team no longer belong to Yao Ming. The Rockets has taken a better route for themselves. Yao Ming brings so much value to Les but that does not win games. The Rockets need to keep going in the direction they're heading and if Yao does come back healthy, he would be a great role player on this team.

2. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

"What was the thing in the middle?"

3. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Another loooong T-Mac thread.

Will not read.

But cool story, bro.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

look at your title:
    " Tracy and the Rockets "

the Rockets are obviously not #1 in your book

6. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Tracy McGrady was good for the Rockets for several years.

I think what his fans are having trouble grasping is that he's not good any more, which is what the Rockets think as well. He claims he is, but the minutes he played were not impressive at all -- in fact, he just looked bad. McGrady is not who he was, and the T-Mac fans need to realize this. It's hard, I know, but reality is reality.

7. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

I agree with the most part of what you stated up there, but in on way should Yao come back as a complementary player. Without a great center comes no chances for us to contend for a championship.

8. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

Funny how TMAC and JVG supporters always use this as an excuse....

9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

second that.

10. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Second.

I swear some of these TOF still can't let this go. It's sad that some of them are drinking and posting about this on a Wednesday afternoon.

What are the stages of grieving? I can't remember them all but I have seen:

Denial (Will RA bring McGrady back?)
    Anger (This thread)
    Acceptance (I would have liked to see him get a chance but it's over)

These TOF might have to be the focus for my next psychology assignment.

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

12. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Didn't read. Just another Tmac lover out there trying to defend his man crush. Make sure you leave clutchfans and join TMacs next team's forum, you wont be missed here.

13. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

I'm writing this to stat my opinion. If ya don't have any interest in reading this then don't read it. I don't get why you guys even bother to open and read it just to bash this thread.

I'm stating my opinions and I'm sticking with it. I'm not saying Tmac is still great or anything like that. I'm just reflecting on the years he had with us. But again, I am talking to a bunch of Tmac haters and Von Wafer lovers.

14. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Is this the remix to Benny and the Jets???

15. Salvy

Salvy Member

Its also not hard to realise Mcgrady never got a clear shot to prove if he is still good or not..... Look, the decision to part with T-Mac was taken by Morey and Adelman way before he was even close to playing his 7 minutes a game. The reason he was only allowed to play 7 min was not because he was coming from injury but because this was the best way to avoid T-Mac going off and ruining what was planned. They knew he was not going to score 30 points in 7 minutes but had they given him more minutes then hell would have broken out if indeed he could still play. Hey, really its what I think and nope it does not matter.... What the fans and the haters think dont matter either, we can only go by what we saw and what we saw was T-Mac not getting a fair chance to play . Maybe this was a mistake or maybe the future to come will show that Morey is in fact genius...

16. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

....but took the time to find this animation and put it in this thread??
    i side with tmac in this whole dispute and this guy is beating a dead horse, but i seriously dont like when people follow a good effort post with "didnt read" stuff..

17. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

agreed

18. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

This is a thread about Tracy McGrady.

19. Steve_Francis_rules

I'm so glad you started a thread to post this.

20. OldSchool34

OldSchool34 Member

Most original topic I've seen ever. Nice job, TOF MambaJoe. Don't let the door hit you in your face when Tmac leaves that door.