1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Track] Bolt vs Gay

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Faos, Aug 16, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Christopher

Christopher Member

Its one of those sports where they are all on it.

Its like Baseball or Cycling.....its just a given they are on drugs.

2. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

One thing Bolt has going for him is how he's always been a freak. I remember reading somewhere that he was 6'4"-6'5" at age 15. That's pretty ridiculous.

3. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Can he catch a football?

4. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Give that SAME Bolt some high altitude and some tailwind, and yeah he can conceivably get into the 4's.

Lidell was explained
    Hines, high altitude time. Officially recognized but not quite "authentic"

It is possible to shave off that amount of time clean, cant rule out out better training. It took 30 years to knock off .2 seconds from Hine's time. Its taken 10 years to knock off another .2. Doesnt look significant but its enough to speculate. If you extrapolate that 30 year period with the past 10 years rate, it means they'da knocked off .6 off Hines world record (in '99 WR woulda be 9.35).

Then going at the same rate, in 2009 the WR would be 9.15!

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MkpTsAmv8XQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MkpTsAmv8XQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I completely forgot how weird Flo-Jo's record was ... a quarter final 10.49 -- the commentators couldn't believe it and said so immediately.

6. ILoveTheRockets

Craziest race ever. Jesus Christ she has some wheels on her.

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah, but what was the fuel turning those wheels? lol.

I mentioned that run because it was one of the possibly 3 times watching a 100m I said "give me a break... no way". I don't know what kind of horse hormones she was taking, but damn.

BTW, a Texas high school track legend was in that race - Chryste Gaines. She didn't stand a chance. Hell, Secretariat tied to a JATO unit probably didn't stand a chance.

8. ILoveTheRockets

Oh, I am not disputing she wasn't taking anything at all. It's just amazing to watch a human being run that fast.

Whatever it was, that was just simply amazing.

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

^
    The wind played a role in that time though -- you can clearly see it blowing the jerseys and the hair of the women on the track before the start.

...but yeah something else was powering that jet.

10. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

What time is the 200m final?

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

August 20, 1:35pm Central time

12. Christopher

Christopher Member

Here is a question for some of you to think about.

Seen as there are so many questions about drugs in track and field anyway, if a top sprinter basically retired from competition and then come out and stated he would run the worlds fastest time, drug assisted, how much credibility would his time have?

Back say 10 years ago I would have said it would be a circus show, no one would care. However since then, the vast majority of top sprinters, including people that stood up against drugs (Jones, Lewis) have said they used drugs, so wouldn't someone that puts their hand up have more credibility these days?

I remember a long time ago my uncle said they should just have a drug Olympics. Let everyone get on the gas and forget the idea that anyone is clean. I said it would be a terrible idea and went through a heap of reasons why.

Now, years on, and seeing that most of them are on drugs anyway.....it probably has an audience.

I know I'd watch a TV show that had athletes juiced up and thrashing Olympic records.

I'm as anti drugs as you will find, its simply cheating. However if you have run the fastest time in the world, drug assisted.....its still the fastest time in the world.

After all, when Ben Johnsons record was finally beaten, we all remember that.

13. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

A little surprised that no one else has bumped this thread but just read that Bolt won the 200M final and set another world record (and in the process he broke his old record). He ran his time in 19.19. :eek: :eek:

Either this guy is on some serious drugs or isn't human.

14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/C_7_CfMEijA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/C_7_CfMEijA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

That was comical. lol. I'm starting to have some doubts. :D

15. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I really wish more people understood and were capable of respecting what this guy is doing to the world of track & field. I mean, this guy is ONLY the fastest person in the history of mankind and he can't even get a top story headline on ESPN.com.

On Sunday, Tiger choking was the big story. Today, it's NOTRE DAME FOOTBALL. :rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  16. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

Clean or dirty....the dude is fun to watch.

The same can be said for all the 'roided home-run chases (Other than Barry). That season was electric, and most did not believe (or want to believe) those guys were cheating until it was all uncovered.

Although I would not be suprised if he was on some new "undetectable" juice, let the man be the greatest ever until it gets uncovered.

After all, his head is proportional with the rest of his body, other than his ego.......

17. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I couldn't believe it either when I checked ESPN...

18. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

This guy is an alien life form.

Just sick. The other athletes don't look like they come from the same species.

19. Xcellerator

Xcellerator Member

He's looking at the time the last 10 meters again. Rofl;
    Guy is a freak of nature indeed.

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Track in a non-Olympic year, during a weekday, is always a tough sell, especially since Bolt has no rival, not even the clock, it's just sort of "blah" - especially given the whole drug suspicions.